View Poll Results: Who is your favorite Dragon Aspect?

Voters
643. This poll is closed
  • Nozdormu The Timeless One

226 35.15%
  • Alexstrasza The DragonQueen

149 23.17%
  • Deathwing The Destroyer (Corrupted Neltharion)

107 16.64%
  • Neltharion The EarthWarder ( Pre-Deathwing)

24 3.73%
  • Malygos Lord Of Magic

50 7.78%
  • Ysera The Dreamer

87 13.53%
Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Best Dragon Aspect?

Who is your favorite Dragon Aspect?

If you didn't notice I did add both "phases" of Neltharion for everyone's voting pleasure.

My vote goes to The Lord Of Time, Nozdormu.

-Nozdormu is tasked with ensuring that the flow of time occurs normally, without interruption, and that events happen as they are fated. To accomplish this mission, Nozdormu knows much about the nature of time. He uses his abilities and powers to prevent others from discovering these same secrets. Should a sorcerer or other mortal being begin to delve too deeply into magic that alters or affects time, Nozdormu always steps in to remove the threat, one way or another.

"Even Deathwing will pass into time... even he will eventually be part... of my collection..."

Nozdormu is difficult to defeat because of his ability to look into the corridors of time and repeat events if they do not progress as he feels they should. He is extremely wise and uses his insight to determine the best course of action before proceeding. Should this fail, he simply tries again as necessary, or uses his power to avoid the encounter entirely.

Nozdormu can take any form he desires, as though constantly under the effects of a shapechange spell. He frequently takes on the role of a humanoid creature and travels incognito as a simple commoner or peon. When doing this, the only consistent trait he displays is the absence of any need to hurry.S&L 95

Nozdormu has both a power and a curse: he knows when and how he will die. Until that time comes, he cannot perish.

Re: Best Dragon Aspect?

Deathwing and the failed Twilight Dragonflight

/thread

Deathwing. He's the John Locke(not the philosopher) of dragons.

Aspect of the Dragonhawk, imho.
    Origins 10 Man Strict Guild Now Recruting!

Mad props to Sokogeka for sig.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Indilgo
    Aspect of the Dragonhawk, imho.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Deathwing.

Because if I reply otherwise, he'll destroy me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanari
    You Sir.
    Get my Cookie of The Year Award.

IT HAS RAISINS!
    [quote="Boubouille"]
    BM is also the most popular secondary spec, though maybe it could just be to play Pokemon with Spirit Beasts. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account

Alexstrazsa.
    Because A) Tha red wanz go fasta!
    And B) Its the only dragon flight that hasn't been corrupted/gone mad yet.
    For the Emperor.

Alexstrasza is a selfish and a self righteous Dragon who is using most, if not all of the Wyrmrest Accords resources to protect her own shrine and shaft the others.

She's also bffs with Rhonin. I think that's reason enough to hate her.

Nozdormu and Deathwing for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivion
    Alexstrasza is a selfish and a self righteous Dragon who is using most, if not all of the Wyrmrest Accords resources to protect her own shrine and shaft the others.

Woop? She's like preserving life in Northrend. Remember the Wrathgate? If she hadn't been there, there'd have been a lot more bad, bad Scourge running around.

I don't really see the place where she'd only care about her own Dragonshrine, but while we're on the topic, what's the deal with you caring for Deathwing? He's not exactly the most open-hearted dragon out there.

As for Nozdormu, a lot of things point at him being the one behind the Infinite Dragonflight, so your reasons to hate Alexstrasza kinda backfires here as well.

I call sexism! ...Although she could put on some more clothes, if that's what you really dislike, yes.

Anyway; Ysera all the way!

Look this guy thinks imaginary characters have real personalities.

And Deathwing cause the new concept art looks badass

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Woop? She's like preserving life in Northrend. Remember the Wrathgate? If she hadn't been there, there'd have been a lot more bad, bad Scourge running around.

I don't really see the place where she'd only care about her own Dragonshrine, but while we're on the topic, what's the deal with you caring for Deathwing? He's not exactly the most open-hearted dragon out there.

As for Nozdormu, a lot of things point at him being the one behind the Infinite Dragonflight, so your reasons to hate Alexstrasza kinda backfires here as well.

I call sexism! ...Although she could put on some more clothes, if that's what you really dislike, yes.

Anyway; Ysera all the way!
    Are you honestly calling sexism on dragons? bizzare. Well, then, allow me to explain some points of mine.

Alexstrasza didn't do anything at the Wrath gate, that was other Red Dragons. I don't mitigate their deeds there, although I do question the effectiveness of their attacks if both Bolvar and Saurfangs bodies are chillin out in Icecrown now.
    The point about her only caring for her own dragonshrine is blatantly obvious. You are commanded to go help the red dragonshrine. You are NOT commanded to go help the others though. The various dragonflights do send adventurers off to help them at their shrines, but, lorewise, we are commanded to go assist the Red Dragonshrine. No ifs, ands, or buts. Not to mention, I believe it's Nalice who comments on it, saying that it's pathetic how Alexstrasza IS using the might of the Wyrmrest Accord to safeguard her own stuff, but leaves the other shrines without any real defense.

Deathwing is not a caring Dragon, at all. But I honestly believe he is the most powerful of the Aspects. I believe he was as Neltharion, and as Deathwing he is virtually a god. The topic title is "best" dragon aspect, not "sweetest, most caring and lovey dovey" dragon aspect.

While it's true that Nozdormu looks to be in charge of the Infinite Dragonflight, I think there's more going on there than we realize. It's a strech, but my theory is that Nozdormu has all along been attempting to use the infinite dragonflight to prevent the Catacylsm. Far fetched? Perhaps. Regardless, we don't know his motives, so we can't judge Nozdormu as a good or bad character. He is however, one of the more powerful aspects, due to the whole 'controlling time and space' deal.

I'm really surprised that Nozdormu is in the lead.

I thought I was in the minority but I suppose Lore Freaks who have read about the Dragon Aspects will make the obvious choice of Nozdormu :P

Are you honestly calling sexism on dragons? bizzare. Well, then, allow me to explain some points of mine.

Alexstrasza didn't do anything at the Wrath gate, that was other Red Dragons. I don't mitigate their deeds there, although I do question the effectiveness of their attacks if both Bolvar and Saurfangs bodies are chillin out in Icecrown now.
    The point about her only caring for her own dragonshrine is blatantly obvious. You are commanded to go help the red dragonshrine. You are NOT commanded to go help the others though. The various dragonflights do send adventurers off to help them at their shrines, but, lorewise, we are commanded to go assist the Red Dragonshrine. No ifs, ands, or buts. Not to mention, I believe it's Nalice who comments on it, saying that it's pathetic how Alexstrasza IS using the might of the Wyrmrest Accord to safeguard her own stuff, but leaves the other shrines without any real defense.

Deathwing is not a caring Dragon, at all. But I honestly believe he is the most powerful of the Aspects. I believe he was as Neltharion, and as Deathwing he is virtually a god. The topic title is "best" dragon aspect, not "sweetest, most caring and lovey dovey" dragon aspect.

While it's true that Nozdormu looks to be in charge of the Infinite Dragonflight, I think there's more going on there than we realize. It's a strech, but my theory is that Nozdormu has all along been attempting to use the infinite dragonflight to prevent the Catacylsm. Far fetched? Perhaps. Regardless, we don't know his motives, so we can't judge Nozdormu as a good or bad character. He is however, one of the more powerful aspects, due to the whole 'controlling time and space' deal.
    Well...you know....the Red dragonshrine is really the only one under attack.

I mean...the black dragonshrine is too but I doubt that they would ask the reds for help. The bronze shrine is being hit by the infinite flight but no one except the bronze can really do anything about it since, as I recall, they're fighting in a time warp thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    Well...you know....the Red dragonshrine is really the only one under attack.

I mean...the black dragonshrine is too but I doubt that they would ask the reds for help. The bronze shrine is being hit by the infinite flight but no one except the bronze can really do anything about it since, as I recall, they're fighting in a time warp thingy.
    If the Black Dragonflight is willing to ask mortals for help, I'm sure they'd take help from the other flights. Sure they wouldn't like it, but they'd probably accept it.

A quote from Nalice
    "The Scourge come. Korialstrasz calls upon his allies in a futile attempt to save their Ruby Dragonshrine, but it seems the good graces of the red flight don't extend to saving the shrines of the other flights.

Surprised? I'm not.

There is another of my brood who has left to clear our Obsidian Dragonshrine of the undead vermin that now infest it. All it would take to prove yourself more noble and righteous than Alexstrasza herself is a quick jaunt over there and a few swings of a blade."

So, from the sounds of that, it actually sounds like the Reds are asking the other flights to help them, without offering support in turn. It does say Korialstrasz, but honestly, he's pretty much Alex's puppet. He doesn't say or do anything that Alexstrasza hasn't decided on first.

Ysera, I just love her lore. Nozdormu would be second, and Alexstraza third just cause she has purdy horns :P. I can't wait for Ysera to get her own ingame model and not some stupid default green dragon, should be next xpac if Furion is coming and we're going to defeat what's corrupting the emerald dream :P mostly cause we'd proabbly have her awake, or be interacting with her-- and if not us, druids will 99% most deffinately be.

Nozdormu all the way lore aside the power over time is the ultimate weapon.
    [quote="Tyler"]Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTacoMan
    Nozdormu all the way lore aside the power over time is the ultimate weapon.
    indeed, just suck that he is totlly clueless about how using it
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuppa
    Ysera, I just love her lore. Nozdormu would be second, and Alexstraza third just cause she has purdy horns :P. I can't wait for Ysera to get her own ingame model and not some stupid default green dragon, should be next xpac if Furion is coming and we're going to defeat what's corrupting the emerald dream :P mostly cause we'd proabbly have her awake, or be interacting with her-- and if not us, druids will 99% most deffinately be.
    This :]
    I've always loved the Emerald Dream. Or the theory of it rather.
    "This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest."

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire

Nozdormu all the way. The power to control time is limitless (literally). He also knows where, when, and how to kill the other dragonflights if need be (which he will prevent obviously).
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

If the Black Dragonflight is willing to ask mortals for help, I'm sure they'd take help from the other flights. Sure they wouldn't like it, but they'd probably accept it.

A quote from Nalice
    "The Scourge come. Korialstrasz calls upon his allies in a futile attempt to save their Ruby Dragonshrine, but it seems the good graces of the red flight don't extend to saving the shrines of the other flights.

Surprised? I'm not.

There is another of my brood who has left to clear our Obsidian Dragonshrine of the undead vermin that now infest it. All it would take to prove yourself more noble and righteous than Alexstrasza herself is a quick jaunt over there and a few swings of a blade."

So, from the sounds of that, it actually sounds like the Reds are asking the other flights to help them, without offering support in turn. It does say Korialstrasz, but honestly, he's pretty much Alex's puppet. He doesn't say or do anything that Alexstrasza hasn't decided on first.
    Meh, it's been awhile since I've done those quests. I knew that there was a black dragon in there but I didn't really know about the rest of that "Alexstraza's being a stuck up bitch so you go fix it".