Bladestorm SS nerf, is a nerf to PVE as well?

Recent changes: Sweeping Strikes will now only trigger once per whirlwind rotation of Bladestorm.

Sweeping Strikes / Bladestorm
    We are in fact keeping the interaction. SS will still be worth hitting when Bladestorm is up. What it will not do is hit one target 4 (or in some cases even more) times. The stand alone ability Whirlwind had this bullet-proofing as part of the spell, but the new whirlwinds created as part of Bladestorm did not. We think this is one of the main causes of the "Bladestorm blowed me up" feedback.

Does this affect PVE arms dps as well? I never really noticed the SS BS interaction, but I still popped them together anyway for bosses such as 25 H TOGC Anub, TV, LJ (when portal/add/boss are stacked)
    Also, I would do pop the same on during single targets, also getting back full rage bar
    Anyone know if this messes up using SS BS on single target bosses?

Does this PVP nerf affect PVE arms also? because I already do more dps as fury in many fights...and then along with the ArP nerf, this is yet another nerf to PVE Arms spec?
    WoW: Talho #11 top warrior dps on 25 Saurfang and Festergut *WORLDWIDE* and #1 top dps in the WORLD, among all classes, not just warrior, for Blood Prince Council, as of 4/7/10
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/clazz/dps/war/9/0/3

Deleted

Re: Bladestorm SS nerf, is a nerf to PVE as well?

This won't be a huge PvE nerf, it'll reduce potential burst from BS but the sustained damage should barely drop. Y'see, you'll still get all the charges from Sweeping strikes but it will no longer unload all at once.

i wouldnt say so. For maximum dps output you shouldnt use them together to start with. Bladestorm = WW = weapon damage. SLam, MS and OP individually hit harder, so getting those abilities 'sweeped' results in more dmg.

just slightly little burst in an aoe situation.

This is NOT a nerf, it is a fix.

SS were never intended to make bladestorm hit a single target twice.

never seen my BS with SS hit a singletarget 2x ;p so that's bullshit =)

anywaysi t's a HUUUUUUUUUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE NERF! people keep crying about BS+SS in arena cause deepfreeze + rogue 35% dps increase on stunned targets is not OP

Quote Originally Posted by bouddieehh
    anywaysi t's a HUUUUUUUUUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE NERF! people keep crying about BS+SS in arena cause deepfreeze + rogue 35% dps increase on stunned targets is not OP
    The difference is that takes two players working in tandem using multiple spells rather than a single player using a pair of macroed-together abilities.

That would be because you can't look at the screen with your face plastered to your keyboard.

Before:
    First swing of BS procs all SS charges, has potential to unload on someone for ~7 swings in 1 second.

Now:
    Five swings of BS will trigger all SS charges. Same damage, less retarded burst.

as an FYI, i play arms in pvp, fury in pve

Since when did this exist?

There are only 2 reasons this would effect pve.

1. The mobs are all dead before the SS's go off.
    2. Some sort of proc falls off before all the SS's go off.

Either way fairly minimal, and not enough to really effect arm's overall pve effectiveness.