Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Authenticator hackers best friend...

So I've been taking a break from WoW and today I decided that I would add soem game time. Whenever I attempted to log on my Battle.net account it told me to enter the 6 digit authenticator code. I instantly thought that these damn authenticators are actually useful to hackers, they just need to attach it to your account and then bam your screwed..

Re: Authenticator hackers best friend...

Or you just call blizzard like always. You have to still go through the same number of steps to get your acount back. It will take like 20 seconds longer total. Also, that friend of theirs is a 2 timing ass, because if you talked to him first he would screw them over so fast.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Deleted

No, stupidity is a Hackers best friend, since, ya'know, if you weren't stupid then you wouldn't have gotten hacked

Being stupid is not playing for 3 months? You must be a genius buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankkuun
    Getting yourself hacked is stupid, yes. After all, it's your own fault.

Deleted

That is not always true, hackers are smart and have a lot of methods to hack you not only by ''clicking'' wrong links.
    So never call somebody stupid when he/she got hacked IF they want your account they can get it.

BUT the authenticator is the only true defense against it, so go buy one instead of calling it a big help for hackers.

Deleted

Well, they didn't just guess what your password was, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by hottank
    That is not always true, hackers are smart and have a lot of methods to hack you not only by ''clicking'' wrong links.
    So never call somebody stupid when he/she got hacked IF they want your account they can get it.

BUT the authenticator is the only true defense against it, so go buy one instead of calling it a big help for hackers.
    wrong they cant just GET your account if they want.. You have to do something for them to be able too..

I´ve been playing this game since beta never had an authenticator and i´ve never been hacked..

Just dont give out your password..

And dont give me the BS about you never doing that.. Everyone and their mom shares passwords with everyone..
    Hell some of my friends has given their info too people from different countries the´ve never even meet!

Thats asking for trouble if you ask me.

Sure theres alot of cleaver and sneaky ways they can trick you to get your password and stuff.. but you still need to do something.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrena
    Well, they didn't just guess what your password was, did they?
    You do understand that there are programs out there that just brute force their way through the passwords right?

These programs can make tens of thousands password attempts in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    You do understand that there are programs out there that just brute force their way through the passwords right?

And it gets logged into blizzards servers and they know that your acount is beeing forced. And then they stall your acount and send you an email to call them. Then they allow you to change your acount name (email address). And then it does not matter.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

P455W0RD

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291

No. There are brute force programs etc., but they have to get a server response to test each password, and with the current servers it takes a few seconds for each login attempt.
    Go figure how long it will take to brute force the password ZZZZZzzzzzeebraaa123LOL if they start from a, aa, aaa, aaaa etc.

Quote Originally Posted by hottank

You need to cut back on the movies and t.v. Do you honestly think there are people out there making a concentrated effort to hack into individual accounts?

So I've been taking a break from WoW and today I decided that I would add soem game time. Whenever I attempted to log on my Battle.net account it told me to enter the 6 digit authenticator code. I instantly thought that these damn authenticators are actually useful to hackers, they just need to attach it to your account and then bam your screwed..
    ROFL that is hilarious. The hacker beat you to it. All you had to do was add an authenticator first and the hacker would never have been able to get in, but because you thought since you didn't play that meant you didn't need to secure your account with an authenticator a hacker got your account and put one of his own on there. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirion
    ROFL that is hilarious. The hacker beat you to it. All you had to do was add an authenticator first and the hacker would never have been able to get in, but because you thought since you didn't play that meant you didn't need to secure your account with an authenticator a hacker got your account and put one of his own on there. LOL.
    You're a douche
    Each time you think about giving Paladins the ability to duel wield, god kills a kitten in each of the parallel universes. Twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivpiv
    wrong they cant just GET your account if they want.. You have to do something for them to be able too..

I´ve been playing this game since beta never had an authenticator and i´ve never been hacked..

Just dont give out your password..

And dont give me the BS about you never doing that.. Everyone and their mom shares passwords with everyone..
    Hell some of my friends has given their info too people from different countries the´ve never even meet!

Thats asking for trouble if you ask me.

Sure theres alot of cleaver and sneaky ways they can trick you to get your password and stuff.. but you still need to do something.
    Have you ever heard of software called Keyloggers?
    Did you know that WINDOWS vista has 2 in the standard installment, and 1 whit each Service Pack?

And just of curiosity, have you read the ToU on searchsites like google?
    Go read it real...

What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Kichirou
    You're a douche
    LOL I am? Why? It's a life lesson learned the hard way for the OP. Good times from my POV.

Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    Did you know that WINDOWS vista has 2 in the standard installment, and 1 whit each Service Pack?
    I had to register just to ask for proof or else I think you're just blowing smoke. Let's see some verifiable and respectable proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirion
    LOL I am? Why? It's a life lesson learned the hard way for the OP. Good times from my POV.
    The fact that you have to ask why is sort of typical of cockends. Too wrapped up in their cockend world to see what they are.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    The fact remains that something has to be done to get a keylogger installed on your system, it doesn't just appear that way by magic. If you're really, really unlucky, you might get one simply from visiting a website you shouldn't have been on (ZOMG BLIZZARD IS LAUNCHING NEW MOUNTS!) with an insecure browser like IE, especially outdated versions of IE. It remains that the most common way of getting something installed on your computer is by trying to pirate software or music, though, probably followed closely by clicking stupid files from people you don't know in your email.

I'm not saying it's 100% always the fault of the person who gets a virus, keylogger or other malware, but it's damn close, even if "fault" means "not keeping their system up-to-date with security fixes." Your computer, your responsibility.