New to tanking, Would like some tips

As the topic title says; I've been levelling my warrior to level 70 as arms and recently picked up tanking. I got myself duel-spec and I've specced prot for one and still arms ofcourse.

I have some tanking experience on a paladin so I know the tanking basics, but are there any warrior related tanking issues that could pose any problems?

Also a few questions I had are;

Any procs / talents to watchout for besides Sword and board?

Any high threat maneuvres to start a fight?

Any high threat maneuvres to start a fight with multiple mobs?

Below an armory link so you can see what spec I am using, beware I am level 70 and I would appreciate it if you have some constructive cristicism on my talents and such. Do not pay attention to gear, I made the Cobalt set to have a starter set.

Also, what glyphs should I take?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Batol&n=Kylrad

Thanks in advance!

Re: New to tanking, Would like some tips

I use this spec for everyday/heroics:

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...12521330113321

It's not that hard, generally.

AoE: Start off with charge if you can, demo if you've got time, TC right off the bat if your DPS is impatient. Throw out shockwave relatively early, since it lets you reposition yourself (stupid server movement bugs!!). Tab-target like a madman using your priority system (Shield Slam every SnB, revenge every time it lights up, devastate any 'idle' CD, and queue up cleave for every hit if you've got the rage).

Single-target: Charge, SW, devastate> priority system. If you're taking melee damage, TC and demo shout as needed (just remember that TC is for the debuff here, not so much the aggro). If you've got a fast weapon (you will), Heroic Strike as much as possible.

General tips: Commanding Shout is your main shout -- two minute duration is annoying, but you'll usually have rage left at the end of a pack of mobs, so refresh it as combat ends before your rage-decay kicks in, even if you're chain pulling. Gag Order lets you silence casters with heroic throw even if you mistime the interrupt, and that makes it quite useful for those pulls with spread out casters that really don't want to join the AoE pack; (if that doesn't work, you can probably shield bash the closer caster and charge to the next). On the occasional boss phase (Saphiron air phase, for example), when you can't DPS and aren't tanking, you CAN intervene the highest threat DPS in your raid for a quick 10% threat reduction (not typically useful, but fun anyway). Bosses tend to have spells that cannot be reflected, but occasionally you will be surprised (Herald in OK's Mind Flay is reflectable -- and tears him up) -- sometimes a spell will be 'reflected' and do no damage to the enemy (Mal Ganis's fel fire wave in CoT). On that note, trash frequently DOES have reflectable spells, even if they're instant -- so putting up spell reflect if you've got spare rage won't hurt.

Other than that ... it's a lot of trial and error, but not actually that hard once you get into it.

Edit: Oops, missed the glyphs. I go with minor: Thunderclap, Bloodrage, Charge, and major: Sunder, Revenge, Blocking. These probably won't cut it for hard modes, but should be fine for gearing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Maybe I can see if Exodus or Paragon have a strat on how to make girls clothes just fall off, exploiting of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by wulfen13
    There are exploits for that, but you get a long time in prison for them...

Re: New to tanking, Would like some tips

Quote Originally Posted by Masamichi
    I use this spec for everyday/heroics:

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...12521330113321

It's not that hard, generally.

AoE: Start off with charge if you can, demo if you've got time, TC right off the bat if your DPS is impatient. Throw out shockwave relatively early, since it lets you reposition yourself (stupid server movement bugs!!). Tab-target like a madman using your priority system (Shield Slam every SnB, revenge every time it lights up, devastate any 'idle' CD, and queue up cleave for every hit if you've got the rage).

Single-target: Charge, SW, devastate> priority system. If you're taking melee damage, TC and demo shout as needed (just remember that TC is for the debuff here, not so much the aggro). If you've got a fast weapon (you will), Heroic Strike as much as possible.

General tips: Commanding Shout is your main shout -- two minute duration is annoying, but you'll usually have rage left at the end of a pack of mobs, so refresh it as combat ends before your rage-decay kicks in, even if you're chain pulling. Gag Order lets you silence casters with heroic throw even if you mistime the interrupt, and that makes it quite useful for those pulls with spread out casters that really don't want to join the AoE pack; (if that doesn't work, you can probably shield bash the closer caster and charge to the next). On the occasional boss phase (Saphiron air phase, for example), when you can't DPS and aren't tanking, you CAN intervene the highest threat DPS in your raid for a quick 10% threat reduction (not typically useful, but fun anyway). Bosses tend to have spells that cannot be reflected, but occasionally you will be surprised (Herald in OK's Mind Flay is reflectable -- and tears him up) -- sometimes a spell will be 'reflected' and do no damage to the enemy (Mal Ganis's fel fire wave in CoT). On that note, trash frequently DOES have reflectable spells, even if they're instant -- so putting up spell reflect if you've got spare rage won't hurt.

Other than that ... it's a lot of trial and error, but not actually that hard once you get into it.

Edit: Oops, missed the glyphs. I go with minor: Thunderclap, Bloodrage, Charge, and major: Sunder, Revenge, Blocking. These probably won't cut it for hard modes, but should be fine for gearing up.
    Thank you for your comment.

For single target I usually charge in and shield slam right away, the devaste and hope for S&B procs, is that a good aswell? After that I usually TC & Demo for Aoe Threat.

After that I do as you said:"Tab-target like a madman using your priority system (Shield Slam every SnB, revenge every time it lights up, devastate any 'idle' CD, and queue up cleave for every hit if you've got the rage)."

Also, the intervene tip could prove very usefull in some situations, thanks for that one!

And yes, now and then I used spell reflect but as you said, not every spell is reflectable, but I will use it more often now and see.