Trinket and enchant question

Hey guys,

So first of all this is my armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmer&n=Aparish
    Question is, I saw some mages using the trinket from badges (128int and 599sp on use) and I thought I should get it, should I?
    if I do so with which trinket should I replace it?
    2nd question, in my current gear should I get Black Magic or 63sp?
    If there's anything else you wanna point out about my gear it would be great.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english ^^.

Edit:
    I just noticed my feet arent showing, these are my feet: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47940, enchanted with tuskarr, 23sp and 12sp+10haste gems.

Re: Trinket and enchant question

As far as trinkets, no don't waste your badges on the 128 int trinket. Mages who get that only get it cause they lack the brain capacity to manage mana. Which is the only difficult thing to do as an arcane mage. Secondly go black magic, your SP is at a decent level but you need more haste. IMHO drop the T9 robe and pick up the shoulders to maintain your 4pc, go get a merlin's robe crafted and gem pure spell power. Also all your haste should come from gear, you shouldnt have to gem anything other than pure spellpower, minus the two purified dreadstones to meet your meta gem. Hope any of this helps.

EDIT: Also, since you're alliance and doing togc of any sort, drop your hit 1% more. But keep that gear with 1% hit readily available if you don't have a shaman. with a shaman and spriest/moonkin in the group arcane only needs like 215 hit(roughly). Start running H PoS, the trinket off tyrannus is a lot better than your crit trinket, or if you can get the trinket from TOGC factions champs, if not the normal toc10 trinket from them is just as good. With that trinket, icy veins, and heroism i reach 1 second cast times on ABlast. It's pretty sick tbh, just did 12k dps on toc25 twins with about equal gear. A mage in my guild does 15k regularly on them.

Thanks for the comment, for the first about the gemming, I armory'd several known mages (Ensidia etc) and they all gem according to gem bonus so I'm guessing its the way to go and about the trinkets it seems right what you said, I'll try and get that trinket from HPoS and if lucky enough I'll get the 1 from toc/gc or even the 1 from ICC.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13
    As far as trinkets, no don't waste your badges on the 128 int trinket. Mages who get that only get it cause they lack the brain capacity to manage mana. Which is the only difficult thing to do as an arcane mage. Secondly go black magic, your SP is at a decent level but you need more haste. IMHO drop the T9 robe and pick up the shoulders to maintain your 4pc, go get a merlin's robe crafted and gem pure spell power. Also all your haste should come from gear, you shouldnt have to gem anything other than pure spellpower, minus the two purified dreadstones to meet your meta gem. Hope any of this helps.

EDIT: Also, since you're alliance and doing togc of any sort, drop your hit 1% more. But keep that gear with 1% hit readily available if you don't have a shaman. with a shaman and spriest/moonkin in the group arcane only needs like 215 hit(roughly). Start running H PoS, the trinket off tyrannus is a lot better than your crit trinket, or if you can get the trinket from TOGC factions champs, if not the normal toc10 trinket from them is just as good. With that trinket, icy veins, and heroism i reach 1 second cast times on ABlast. It's pretty sick tbh, just did 12k dps on toc25 twins with about equal gear. A mage in my guild does 15k regularly on them.
    He should use 10 haste/12 spell power gems in all yellow sockets for arcane. 10 spirit/12 spell power sockets for all blue sockets as long as the bonus is 7 spell power or greater. The 128 int trinket is 4th best trinket availible in game atm after Muradin's Spyglass, Reign of the Dead/Unliving normal and hc. Abyssal Rune is the 5th best trinket. Rotgrip in the next release in ICC will be the most powerful trinket.

210 hit is well enough for any mage with a boomkin/spriest in your raid. 210hit = 8% hit roughly. You get 6% from talents and 3% from the boomkin/spriest. 8+6+3=17. 17% is the hit cap.

The trinket from Faction Champions 10man is SHIT, both normal and hc. Crit being almost half as good as haste with a 1:1 ratio, that trinket is really the worst you can get. The use isn't very powerful either considering Talisman of Resurgence gives 599sp with the same uptime (the faction champs one with one you have to stack). In your situation, Abyssal Rune + Talisman of Resurgence is clearly the best choice until the choice of Reign of the Dead or Muradin's Spyglass.

An arcane mage doesn't have problems to manage mana. It's about saving downtime with a larger mana pool. If you can do boss fights without even using evocation once, it's "managing your mana perfectly", although that would nerf your dps to the ground as it wouldn't allow you to use an optimal rotation even with BiS gear (using Haste pots not mana pots). The talisman of resurgence is good simply because it gives you about 25 spell power and enlarges your mana pool by 2000, allowing a much lower downtime using evocation, only sticking to mana gems longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account

Replying to your post, not Valliant13:

--Nerf your hit rating to 7% if you're constantly raiding with a shadow priest/moonkin.
    --Farm reputation with The Ashen Verdict to replace your ring with MP5.
    --Your armory is showing Prelate's Snowshoes, while you link Sandals of the Silver Magus as your actual boots. With your overcapped hit rating, Prelate's Snowshoes is a better choice because of the haste rating. Enchant with 18 spirit or Tuskarr's Vitality depending on what fight you're doing with your guild. If you're in a cutting edge guild doing heroic raids, I'd recommend Tuskarr's Vitality, you'll be running alot :P
    --Get Merlin's Robe and T9 shoulders. If not that you should change your spirit shoulders to those with crit, the spell caster ones.
    --Black Magic or 63 Spell Power enchant on weapon is obvious, you noticed this yourself for granted, probably just a gold issue. They're worth about the same dps gain, so it's pretty much if you like procs or not and luck that's your choice :P
    --I personally only use 10 spirit/12 spell power gems in sockets that has a socket bonus of 7 spell power or more. (5 spell power vs. mp5 from 10 spirit and 7 crit rating). the mp5 is more or less worthless, and 5 spell power is definately better than 7 crit rating.
    --Take 2 talent points from Magic Attunement and put in Incanter's Absorption or Student of the Mind, personally I have dual specced 2 arcane specs, one with Incanter's Absorption and 1/5 Arcane Stability, and one with Student of the Mind and one point in Magic Attunement, changing for different fights.
    --Your wand slot could be an easy way of dumping hit rating. Get the ToC10 Northrend Beasts one, it's "beast".

If I come up with more later I'll inform you, that's all for now :P
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Lol. Don't really feel like reading anything after Valiant's first line. Swap Sundial for Resurgence. Sundial is GARBAGE for arcane, and pretty bad for every other spec as well. Hang onto it in case you ever spec fire though, as it will still be better than resurgence for that.

If you think managing mana means you can do your job better than someone with more mana than you, try running toc25 in sunwell gear. My guildie did it on his alt (old main) in our alt run a while back and he was guzzling innervates like a champ. Mana is a big part of arcane regardless of fight length.

Kinda surprised of the fast replies, thanks for the tips, helped me a bunch and about the hit rating well I already disenchanted my old feet so no turning back and I'll keep my hit rating at about 10% hit at least since I'm still farming HC's for pvp gear here and there.

ah ahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahaha

you sir made me laugh so hard, it made me pee. thank you for posting the stupidest thing i've read today.

oh yeah, 15k DPS is REAL amazing on twins. not. bwahahahahaha

Ok so I ignore Valliant's post, didnt even notice the things he said since I'm kind of tired.
    Anyway armory still didnt update but I got Talisman of Resurgence now and also managed to get Nevermelting Ice Crystal so I should replace it with Abyssal Rune?

Thanks alot for the gear tips (those that are actually not trollin).

15+ Year Old Account

You should get Rawr: http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr

That will answer most of your gear questions.

And wow... someone recommending the ToC 10 trinket at all, let alone over Talisman of Resurgence. If you think you'll do so much better as Arcane because you manage mana better... you really don't understand Arcane at all.

10+ Year Old Account

Rawr classes Talisman of Resurgence as the 3d best trinket in game for an arcane mage pre-3.3, the trinket is as a matter of fact - awesome. (Maybe if the EoT hit rating trinket and the EoF hit rating trinket would have had haste or spell power as passive stat blizzard wouldn't be assraping us through getting gear from badges :>) Instead we rely on crafted items like Merlin's Robe, Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers and the new ICC legs which are BiS with the gear that is still out (yet to be seen what Arthas is gonna drop)

i wouldn't classify any of the crafted gear as BiS.

skyweaver's vertiments were BiS chest last patch
    armbands of the ashen saint were BiS bracers
    and either t10 277 or plaguebringer's stained pants will be BiS this patch

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtwarrior
    i wouldn't classify any of the crafted gear as BiS.

skyweaver's vertiments were BiS chest last patch
    armbands of the ashen saint were BiS bracers
    and either t10 277 or plaguebringer's stained pants will be BiS this patch
    I believe he was only referring to the crafted legs as being BiS, and they are. They will be unless arthas drops a weapon without hit. We'll be using 264 bracers as well with current gear.

First, any mage telling you to pass on getting the badge trinket, has no business being a mage. Prior to 3.3, it was the second highest dps trinket available.(currently 3rd)

You macro its use into icy veins/arcane power...and proceed to pew pew pew the hell outta everything.

My only recommendation is to get rid of your never melting ice crystal. Go farm normal toc5 for the Abyssal Rune. It's a 150ish dps increase over the crystal

Quote Originally Posted by Evee
    First, any mage telling you to pass on getting the badge trinket, has no business being a mage. Prior to 3.3, it was the second highest dps trinket available.(currently 3rd)

You macro its use into icy veins/arcane power...and proceed to pew pew pew the hell outta everything.

My only recommendation is to get rid of your never melting ice crystal. Go farm normal toc5 for the Abyssal Rune. It's a 150ish dps increase over the crystal
    Oh really? I thought just the other way around, I have Abyssal Rune in my bags just in case I did make a mistake, I'll test it out on Rawr and see, thanks for pointing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frex
    Kinda surprised of the fast replies, thanks for the tips, helped me a bunch and about the hit rating well I already disenchanted my old feet so no turning back and I'll keep my hit rating at about 10% hit at least since I'm still farming HC's for pvp gear here and there.
    You actually don't need any hit on gear for heroics. They only have 82 lvl (6% miss chance) bosses, arcane talents alone cover all that hit. Check "spell hit" on wowwiki.com for exact numbers for raid bosses depending on buffs. And for raids its better to go for 6 or 7 (i personally wouldn't count on heroic inspiration, but that's depends on your usuall raid composition) gear hit with some spare pieces to cover 3% of you don't have spriest/moonkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    Rawr classes Talisman of Resurgence as the 3d best trinket in game for an arcane mage pre-3.3, the trinket is as a matter of fact - awesome. (Maybe if the EoT hit rating trinket and the EoF hit rating trinket would have had haste or spell power as passive stat blizzard wouldn't be assraping us through getting gear from badges :>) Instead we rely on crafted items like Merlin's Robe, Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers and the new ICC legs which are BiS with the gear that is still out (yet to be seen what Arthas is gonna drop)
    rawr also classes most of the ilvl 258 T9 > ilvl277 t10, at least the most recent version. That alone is the reason why i don't follow rawr to a T. Secondly to the retard who laughed at the 15k on twins as being a joke...I didn't brag about it....i just said he does it regularly. That was also about a month and a half ago. I changed my trinkets from the talisman, but not to resurgence and did see an overall dps upgrade. I don't think i'll ever get a talisman cause i am outlasting mages with 4k+ more mana than me in long fights. Not just that but i am also outdpsing them. Maybe i get the class more? /shrug. More mana will always mean more dps as i know cause you're downtime is supposed to be a lot less. I also never get innervates, i have to rely on my gems and evo, it's just choosing the right time to evocate is the problem 99% of mages have. If you do it at the right time, you lose minimal dps, vs a moron who does it whenever he needs to.

Either way you'll all continue to troll because a gear program is telling you this is better than that....and you'll all continue being asshats who probably haven't beaten most of the content blizzard has thrown at you(that's including hardmodes). I know i haven't so i'm not bragging, but i also don't play nearly as much as most of you probably do either. So go ahead and flame on....you're all probably tools IRL anyways.

rawr also classes most of the ilvl 258 T9 > ilvl277 t10, at least the most recent version. That alone is the reason why i don't follow rawr to a T. Secondly to the retard who laughed at the 15k on twins as being a joke...I didn't brag about it....i just said he does it regularly. That was also about a month and a half ago. I changed my trinkets from the talisman, but not to resurgence and did see an overall dps upgrade. I don't think i'll ever get a talisman cause i am outlasting mages with 4k+ more mana than me in long fights. Not just that but i am also outdpsing them. Maybe i get the class more? /shrug. More mana will always mean more dps as i know cause you're downtime is supposed to be a lot less. I also never get innervates, i have to rely on my gems and evo, it's just choosing the right time to evocate is the problem 99% of mages have. If you do it at the right time, you lose minimal dps, vs a moron who does it whenever he needs to.

Either way you'll all continue to troll because a gear program is telling you this is better than that....and you'll all continue being asshats who probably haven't beaten most of the content blizzard has thrown at you(that's including hardmodes). I know i haven't so i'm not bragging, but i also don't play nearly as much as most of you probably do either. So go ahead and flame on....you're all probably tools IRL anyways.
    You sir are in no position to offer advice. Your 1st post made me lol at how bad your knowledge is and your advice is just as bad.
    No good and knowledgeable mage would gem pure SP gems in all their slots excluding the 2 blue needed for the meta. You say Mages who get the Int trinket only get it cause they lack the brain capacity to manage mana

That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Managing mana isn't hard and having that extra bit of mana means you have that extra bit of mana for spamming ABx4. Especially good for when you have all your cd's popped including the SP use from talisman.
    The only good advice you offered was getting tier shoudlers and Merlin's Robe.
    The trinket from Faction Champs in 10's is also terrible for any class. Horrible yuck! Everyone knows that.

You lost all credibility when you called rawr bad for saying T9 is better than T10. I wonder why dropping your fourth piece of tier 9 wwould be better than getting one piece of tier 10. I mean, tier 10 has a higher itemlevel. Surely there would have to be some sort of bonus to having a set of items in order for this to be possible. I wonder what such a phenomenon with bonuses on item sets would be called...

Also, insulting people for flaming while calling them tools irl is a good way to look like an idiot on the internet. If you're going to insult someone keep it relevant. You know nothing about their real lives, so your insult holds no ground. Insult them for something they said, or risk being this tool that you yourself seem to dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    I wonder why dropping your fourth piece of tier 9 wwould be better than getting one piece of tier 10. I mean, tier 10 has a higher itemlevel. Surely there would have to be some sort of bonus to having a set of items in order for this to be possible. I wonder what such a phenomenon with bonuses on item sets would be called...
    I will preface this with 'High Five'. the valliant poster has provided a great many inaccurate pieces of information regarding the Arcane Mage, or at least how I play it. I would not consider myself to be an awesome world class mage, I pull 11k DPS on twins (Skada, closer to 13k on recount) in 25man with a decent gear set, but had I listened to anything that person posted I would be far worse off than I am now.

Actual comment.

Just got my first T10, previously only the 232 set for shoulders+gloves, and 245 for legs +head. I replaced my shoulder, and am wearing it now, hence breaking the T9 set bonus. I would actually say I have noticed a slight DPS increase rather than any decrease. Perhaps I had enough crit already for it (4xT9) to be negliable (40% raid buffed) but the 4T9 isn't always better than 3T9 + 1T10. It depends on your current gear stats.