Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Paladin tanking in ICC

anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Def is better than Dodge for Avoidance :
    Yeah, with the dodge nerf and parry buff, and especially with the ICC dodge debuff making the extra block % valuable again, Def is better to stack than dodge.

Balloon said a lot of worthwhile things. I think your gear's good, your spec's not good, and your gemming's not good. One specific thing you'll want to change is your meta gem-- +2% armor value from items is amazingly better than stun duration -10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    Balloon said a lot of worthwhile things. I think your gear's good, your spec's not good, and your gemming's not good. One specific thing you'll want to change is your meta gem-- +2% armor value from items is amazingly better than stun duration -10%.
    i had the armor one, but had to regem due to gem color miscoordination.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    Yes you can tank ICC but if the raid leader knows anything about tanks, he would laugh at you and tell you to gtfo. Why?

You are WAY over the Def cap, but you still have def gems. Your cloak enchant is a def enchant. Your shield enchant is a def enchant. I see no Agi+stam or Dodge+stam gems in your gemming, which would be much better at proccing your stat bonuses than the damn def gems.

Shouldn't it be common sense?
    540 Defense is NOT a cap!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morlin
    540 Defense is NOT a cap!
    No. It's a MINIMUM. if you plan on raiding, get 540 defense. if you have more than that because of gear, dont try to itemize yourself back down to 540. Defense rating is better than dodge/block/parry as a stat for mitigation since it contributes to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by saidus
    then regem your gear with hybrids, dont change your meta because the rest of your gemming isnt right.

lets say you need 2 yellow gems (hypothetical)

you have 1 +20 def gem in your gear so you dont meet the requirements, and you have a 30 stam gem elsewhere. instead use 2 green gems. +10 def / +15 stam. you now have 2 yellow gems, and identical stats from both of them. If your lucky, socket colors will match up in such a way that you can then grab set bonuses whereas before you couldnt, thus being an even greater benefit.
    Look up, see the buzzards circling?

bump

Why the hell would you " Bump" a thread which was originally created by you to ask a question " can i tank icc" when people have answered your question multiple times and you have been to icc?!? ???

more responses help.

more responses help.
    They do if there would be something missing, everything has been said...

Quote Originally Posted by Naft
    They do if there would be something missing, everything has been said...
    No one's accused this of attention whoring or trolling yet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

You need two blue and one red gems to activate the Austere Earthsiege Diamond (32 stamina, 2% increased armor) meta gem, and you have a red socket in your boots or shoulders with a +6 stamina bonus.

Switching your meta gem, and the 30 stamina gem in your boots or shoulders with a 10 agility, 15 stamina gem results in a gain of 10 agility (some armor, some crit, some dodge) and 2% more armor, which is worth much more than the 9 stamina lost.

Your spec choices are pretty much this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMobcGkzcm

or this:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0tAbuMusIufdxfMzbcGkzcm

Pretty smart to regem the metagem to something useless instead of changing the other gems to match the meta gem :

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    can anyone else confirm this?

I disagree. Your spec choice is pretty much this

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0t...dxfMobc:pGkzcm

or this

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#sZV0t...dxfMobc:pGkzcm

Nope. While the first spec is spot-on that second spec seems pretty strange. The reason I say that is when prot pallys take Seal of Command, they normally have points in Reckoning too. I'm not sure what this spec does for you because it's a half-ass Seal of Cleave spec without the Reckoning procs.

Any prot pally choosing to take Seal of Command would normally move the three points from Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian over to Reckoning 3/5. That spec is legit and pretty darn decent for heroic farming but not really for ICC tanking.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Nope. While the first spec is spot-on that second spec seems pretty strange. The reason I say that is when prot pallys take Seal of Command, they normally have points in Reckoning too. I'm not sure what this spec does for you because it's a half-ass Seal of Cleave spec without the Reckoning procs.

Any prot pally choosing to take Seal of Command would normally move the three points from Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian over to Reckoning 3/5. That spec is legit and pretty darn decent for heroic farming but not really for ICC tanking.
    so i should use first spec?

That's my build and evidently Vaelia agrees. Click the signature. You'll see its my dual spec.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

k

Instead of keep asking ppl question for more opinions.. Learn to THINK on your own, and figure things out on your own as well. Asking for 1 or 2 advices is ok, but when it gets to asking 20++ advices on same stuff where 99% of ppl that answered you said the same things... now theres something wrong.

I believe almost of half of the people have suggested that spec or soemthing similar to that spec. As for glyphs you can choose, if your hit isn't capped when use righteous defence glyph, if not then use judge glyph or something...