Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Paladin tanking in ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Riek
    Instead of keep asking ppl question for more opinions.. Learn to THINK on your own, and figure things out on your own as well. Asking for 1 or 2 advices is ok, but when it gets to asking 20++ advices on same stuff where 99% of ppl that answered you said the same things... now theres something wrong.

I believe almost of half of the people have suggested that spec or soemthing similar to that spec. As for glyphs you can choose, if your hit isn't capped when use righteous defence glyph, if not then use judge glyph or something...
    This. I just skimmed through the thread and OP acts like some 5 year old asking about everything.

Anyway, thx for the prot/ret build.. I was using the old SotP+Divinity build. Gonna use it though it lacks the 5% extra heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84
    This. I just skimmed through the thread and OP acts like some 5 year old asking about everything.
    The OP also didnt post asking for insecure 50 year olds, that skim through forums trying to make fun of people just to make there own pathetic life seem better, to post.

Quote Originally Posted by saidus
    The OP also didnt post asking for insecure 50 year olds, that skim through forums trying to make fun of people just to make there own pathetic life seem better, to post.
    Sorry, but you made comments in such a way you sounded like egging people on or spoon feed you instead of making intelligent comments.

Least you could do is to thank them as well.

I just like to have vast majoritys of people telling me the same thing, makes me feel like its the best choice...

I just like to have vast majoritys of people telling me the same thing, makes me feel like its the best choice...
    That's called spoon feeding, little boy.

So it is better to just assume 1 or 2 people are right, instead of waiting and seeing multiple more responses?

So it is better to just assume 1 or 2 people are right, instead of waiting and seeing multiple more responses?
    Sadly, this is probably true. Because of our participation on the forums, one of your first few replies will be someone you can trust to give you accurate information. The more replies you receive, the more the data gets skewed by people with no real data or references but rather just their own personal opinions.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

I suppose but that also relates back to the old saying

"if everyone was jumping off a bridge, would you?" Pretty sure if evryone said it was the best thing to do, you wouldn't do it.

Take the advice and build off it yourself. This is not a game of perfection, but a game of playing well but having fun. But the more and more you post just makes it seem like you love the attention.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Do we really have to tell you how to do everything in the game? If you can play the game, then you should be able to plan out your strategy by yourself. These forums are merely here to guide you in your decisions. People are not here to make decisions for you. We just give you the information you may be missing out on to aid you in making the most informed decision.

And as Jin84 said, this whole thread is about spoonfeeding you with how to tank as paladin, not just in ICC, but in the whole WoW game itself from my perspective. Alot of people gave you good chunks of information (most of them very repetitive). Apply those knowledge into the game, tweak up your talent specs if you want or if you want to try out new things, change glyphs around a bit to find the most optimal combination of them. Try out different gemmings if you want, see which ones work for you and your guild.

ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Yzyz
    But the more and more you post just makes it seem like you love the attention.
    ok?
    Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by dogpie
    Yes you can tank ICC but if the raid leader knows anything about tanks, he would laugh at you and tell you to gtfo. Why?

You are WAY over the Def cap, but you still have def gems. Your cloak enchant is a def enchant. Your shield enchant is a def enchant. I see no Agi+stam or Dodge+stam gems in your gemming, which would be much better at proccing your stat bonuses than the damn def gems.

Shouldn't it be common sense?
    So much fail.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Nope. While the first spec is spot-on that second spec seems pretty strange. The reason I say that is when prot pallys take Seal of Command, they normally have points in Reckoning too. I'm not sure what this spec does for you because it's a half-ass Seal of Cleave spec without the Reckoning procs.

Any prot pally choosing to take Seal of Command would normally move the three points from Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian over to Reckoning 3/5. That spec is legit and pretty darn decent for heroic farming but not really for ICC tanking.
    I use the first spec, and wouldn't personally ever use the second because I don't see the need for Seal of Command. I included it as an option because some people want Seal of Command, and sacrificing 1% crit for whatever utility they're hoping to gain from SoC makes very little difference on fights where they aren't using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84
    That's called spoon feeding, little boy.

I admit he's asking for too many comments, but any well informed tank has been spoon fed. Watch Tankspot vids and read about new fight mechanics? Check. Read posts and updates by theorycrafters about weapon enchants and BiS crappolla? Check. The difference between he and I is that I go to the teat for my milk, and he asks for a bottle. I'm healthier than him, but we still drink the same damn milk!

Corwin,
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin

I admit he's asking for too many comments, but any well informed tank has been spoon fed. Watch Tankspot vids and read about new fight mechanics? Check. Read posts and updates by theorycrafters about weapon enchants and BiS crappolla? Check. The difference between he and I is that I go to the teat for my milk, and he asks for a bottle. I'm healthier than him, but we still drink the same damn milk!

Corwin,
    Lightbringer
    The thing is, a lot of these information is lying around. If you can't find them, too bad for not bringing out the full potential of your pally or your reading comprehension. And best part is, we don't care. But, that isn't the point here.

Here, the OP can't seem to "research" them himself. Rather, he'll just egg people on to provide the comments in this thread. This is what ticked off some of the people here.

The moment I saw the Prot/Ret build specified here, I immediately respecced to it because it's better than my old spec AND I am able to weigh the pros and cons of the spec MYSELF. This OP would rather have 100 "Yay" votes than trust a few of us (including one with a Grand Crusader title).