RAWR and Nevermelting ice crystal crappy trink?

SO is Rawr just saying that arcane is more haste based because it values the Abyssal Rune higher than the Nevermelting ice Crystal. That being said if your haste is all ready high is it ok to dump the Abyssal rune and use the Nevermelting trinket?

Re: RAWR and Nevermelting ice crystal crappy trink?

To answer your question, edit your shirt or tabard to increase your haste by, say, 500. If it's simply valuing Abyssal Rune highly because you need more haste, you should find that artificially increasing your haste will move the other trinket up. Doing this for my character brings my haste to 1354 haste rating. At this level Abyssal Rune is still much better than Nevermelting Ice Crystal. Obviously spell power, haste and crit don't scale in a vacuum, but from this you can see the ice crystal is a burst trinket for PvP at best.

Stick with Abyssal Rune.

10+ Year Old Account

I have another question regarding Rawr and trinkets. I downloaded the most recent update yesterday (2.3.3), I check my trinkets for upgrades and Muradin's Spyglass is not there to be seen. Doesn't Rawr include the 180 spell power boost, or is it simply not in the database rawr is using? Or is it even a bad trinket? As for me, I'd take that before abyssal rune having 868 haste atm, switching it for a passive 180sp and 161 crit (?) would be quite neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

The Spyglass is quite nice. There are only a few "stop and go" type fights where I'm not sure if it's all that great, but for the non-stop DPS fights, it's very nice. The difference between it and Illustration of the Dragon Soul is that IDS procs on cast (so you can pump it up with arcane explosions that hit nothing) and Spyglass on hit, which means you can't keep the stack up if there's absolutely nothing to hit, but then if you are doing AOE, you get 10 hits in no time at all. Editing it in RAWR shows that it's not quite as good as Reign of the Unliving, but it's not all that far behind either.

I think Icehowl is a good example of where it may be difficult to keep the Spyglass buff up (unless you ice block the stun and keep on nuking or you get lucky and Icehowl ends up close to you when you come out of the stun).

10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the feedback, Tiga. You mentioned that it would stack to 10 in no time using aoe, does that mean you get 5 stacks for using one arcane missiles aswell?
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

Yes, that's exactly what it means. I just got it last night on my mage and put up 9 stacks with one frost nova, as well as going from 0-5 with one AM cast.

10+ Year Old Account

Nice ;D

You get 5 stacks from arcane missiles with Illustration of the Dragon soul too, so no different there. But its awesome if u do an aoe and get 10 stacks in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyhsk
    You get 5 stacks from arcane missiles with Illustration of the Dragon soul too, so no different there. But its awesome if u do an aoe and get 10 stacks in no time.
    AM has always been different in that each "bolt" counts as an individual cast for things like this. it's the same reason that Arcane Potency is consumed on the first missile and doesn't last for all 5.