Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Realm First Achievements, TheSpeedGamers, Core Hound Pup

I like the MMO-Report thing.
    The host is a jerk, but it's good information nonetheless.

Realm First Achievements

I think a horde guild transferred onto my server (Scarshield Legion) just to get the first Algalon 25 achievement. OMG that pissed me off.

I think 60 days is too much for individual real first achievements. Now that all servers have the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj opened (including new servers) a time limit is not needed.

But there should be an indefinite time limit for raid achievements. When a whole guild moves to a particular server and then gets the real first Algalon or KT or Lich King or whichever achievement then it is obviously a deliberate and coordinated act just so that that guild can exploit an achievement intended for people in the destination server.

I am sorry but if you can't do first it on the server you are on when the achievement is introduced then you can never have it. If there are more progressive guilds on your server and they get the "realm first" then that is life and you dont get it. That is what realm firsts are for.

Re: Realm First Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    I think a horde guild transferred onto my server (Scarshield Legion) just to get the first Algalon 25 achievement. OMG that pissed me off.

I think 60 days is too much for individual real first achievements. Now that all servers have the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj opened (including new servers) a time limit is not needed.

But there should be an indefinite time limit for raid achievements. When a whole guild moves to a particular server and then gets the real first Algalon or KT or Lich King or whichever achievement then it is obviously a deliberate and coordinated act just so that that guild can exploit an achievement intended for people in the destination server.

I am sorry but if you can't do first it on the server you are on when the achievement is introduced then you can never have it. If there are more progressive guilds on your server and they get the "realm first" then that is life and you dont get it. That is what realm firsts are for.

indeed 60 days is bit too long.. imo to be able get those achivements you gotta be created on that server or played there about 20 days.. or about total 60 days being on server ( not played but having done 60 days ago transfer ) and hell its so annoying when an uber cool guild which failed on there own real to get achi xfer to new one just to pull it out and steal it from that realm best guild =/

I've got an old phone nokia, got Authenticator and it has some problems with connecting to the internet. Always says "Subscribe to packet data first". But i know that internet settings are ok. And my Cell operator says - ask application developer and blizz says ask you cell operator. And it's a deadend...

Really liked the MMO news report, it's funny in a quirky way.

Quote Originally Posted by Weckerkind
    pokemon, wtf?

worst news ever posted on mmo-chapion
    It's a charity organization, moron. Boub is doing a good thing by giving them more publicity and furthering their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar3544
    It's a charity organization, moron. Boub is doing a good thing by giving them more publicity and furthering their cause.
    It is a very valid concert and there is no need for name calling. There are a gazilion of charitable organizations all over the place.
    Is this a web site dedicated to charity or pokemon? How is that related to World of Warcraft in any way?

I suspect that mmo-champion gets some money from this, but if you prostitute yourself too much you start loosing visitors. This pokemon stuff was over the edge.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by wye
    It is a very valid concert and there is no need for name calling. There are a gazilion of charitable organizations all over the place.
    Is this a web site dedicated to charity or pokemon? How is that related to World of Warcraft in any way?

I suspect that mmo-champion gets some money from this, but if you prostitute yourself too much you start loosing visitors. This pokemon stuff was over the edge.
    You do realise MMO-Champion is supposed to be dedicated to just more than WoW? However, for whatever reason (too much work, I guess) most of the information is for World of Warcraft.

Ensidia owned? Too bad it comes a bit too late
    Good news every.. oh wait

Sig by Cazy

i found the mmo report thingie quite entertaining ^^ would watch it next time aswell if it's posted at least.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Weckerkind
    pokemon, wtf?
    best news ever posted on mmo-chapion
    Fix't

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Any player who has been on the realm for longer than 60 days is entitled to a realm first achievement. In this particular case, the matter was investigated thoroughly for all parties involved and everyone who was entitled to the achievement should now have received it.

The reason it was changed was to stop players practise on one realm then transfer over to a newer realm and get the achievement, potentially blocking the players on that realm who have been there longer earning it themselves.
    On my last server, we had <Numen> join our server, i heard they were one of the top 20th guilds or something in the world. They got a free realm transfer, did Algalon 25m and Yogg Zero 25man realm firsts. As we're a newish server it was annoying that both encounters were beaten by this guild.
    They transfered off the realm within a week, and left us with only Anub 25man heroic achivement.

I don't think 60 days is that long, honestly, if you're new to the realm with a whole guild, you don't really deserve realm first achivements right away as it isn't where you formed your guild and started progress. Stealing progress from new realms is simple, so i'm glad Blizzard added this now.

Not every server was created in Vanilla wow, and not every guild on brand new servers have people playing for years and getting used to hard tatics which decreases their time learning new encounters as they experienced bosses like this before.

It's all about progress, i think even if you're behind on the world of progress, you should still be rewarded for your efforts. I don't think if you didn't get the achivement within 15 days of a new encounter being released then you don't ever deserve it.
    I still think achivements and progress should still be a server race for them. Back in Vanilla wow, we had horde and alliance speaking to each other, racing on progress.Letting everyone know what % they were on with Rag, and bosses in BWL, so we were all excited in rushing to wipe/clear a boss if it meant we gained the lead with only 1 kill or a different phase.

With what you're saying above is, "if you don't kill things fast enough, you fail and don't deserve anything." Server first is designed for each server, for players on that server to compete for, not for other servers to come steal.

I like the MMO report Bring it back on a regular basis please

10+ Year Old Account

Man I regret I watched taht MMO report, that was just not funny in any way possible.
    Also it was plain uninteresting and boring.

Atleast now I know, so I can just skip the next one.

I'm liking the MMO podcast, if for nothing else the info. And kudos to the Speedgamers for all that charity work.
    But really, 493 types of pokemon? When I was young, there were only 150 types, and we loved them all. Heck, the Magikarp (sp?) humor is still kinda funny. Now, I see pokemon for what it is: Nintendo's playful take on dog-fighting.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with Kosic. Sorry for those that can't get it when they're not trying to exploit it, but there are far more that do exploit it, which warranted the action on the part of Blizzard. With all those guilds exploiting this (aka guilds that run away from the competition to less-progressed servers for realm first kills/titles), does this fix really come as a surprise? Or did you think that Blizzard would continue to allow these people to "achieve" realm first when they were never really denizens of that server? Is that really fair? No. You may think you "deserve" realm first titles for being all "hardcore" but you should have been "hardcore" enough to do it on your original server.

If you transfer now, you'll probably have more than 60 days before you're able to do Realm-First LK kills. So I really don't understand the QQ reaction to this.

Oh, and Pokemon rulez. Especially the newer ones. Playing the old ones just feels too clunky. They definitely improved on them.

My guild got server second(Not me personally I just hang out as a casual these days) but nonetheless we got server second 25man ToGC tribute to mad skill and Second kill of hard mode Anub, because The Gong Show transferred to our server and got the firsts.
    Edit:Looking back also Algalon 25 as well. I think they might have been here long enough to take the ToGC ones anyways and I doubt they'll be retroactively be doing anything about the Algalon kill.
    But seriously S E V E N has been active on Detheroc since Mid-Vanilla and we're finally the premier guild on detheroc, and The Gong show came and stole our thunder. I have nothing aginst them, and my guild feels the same way, but you can't help but feel slighted by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosic

I don't think 60 days is that long, honestly, if you're new to the realm with a whole guild, you don't really deserve realm first achivements right away as it isn't where you formed your guild and started progress. Stealing progress from new realms is simple, so i'm glad Blizzard added this now.
    You wouldn't be saying this if you were in my shoes. Worked my ass off for Grand Crusader title, 5 days until 60 day lockout is over. We make the kill. I get f*cked over by the lockout. Considering I was instrumental on stunning Shadowstrikes and making sure that the offtank can do his job, as well as rotating the HoP-ing for our paladins and pushing out 8k dps despite doing a dozen smaller tasks - I believe I earned my title. I sure as f*ck didn't transfer to Terenas to steal anyone's title.

With what you're saying above is, "if you don't kill things fast enough, you fail and don't deserve anything." Server first is designed for each server, for players on that server to compete for, not for other servers to come steal.
    Frankly the thing you described about Numen happens so rarely that No, the implementation is not warranted - 60 days *is* too long. Someone on the In game support forums made a good point - put up a rule that says "15 players have to be older than 60 days on the server for the lockout to wear off for those who are still under the 60 day ban". That way you get around the "whole guild transferred over to take our achievement" and you won't screw over people like myself who actually EARNED the god damn title.

Furthermore. They retroactively changed the server transfer arrangement, this did not exist when I transferred. Furthermore they did NOT include this in the European FAQ, only in the US FAQ. How often do i go on worldofwarcraft.com? Never. I go to www.wow-europe.com because it's dedicated to my part of the world.

Do you buy a car, say Opel, only to have a different car like a Fiat delivered to you when the car arrives? That's what people call scam, and this is what Blizzard has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Eärendil
    You wouldn't be saying this if you were in my shoes. Worked my ass off for Grand Crusader title, 5 days until 60 day lockout is over. We make the kill. I get f*cked over by the lockout. Considering I was instrumental on stunning Shadowstrikes and making sure that the offtank can do his job, as well as rotating the HoP-ing for our paladins and pushing out 8k dps despite doing a dozen smaller tasks - I believe I earned my title. I sure as f*ck didn't transfer to Terenas to steal anyone's title.

Frankly the thing you described about Numen happens so rarely that No, the implementation is not warranted - 60 days *is* too long. Someone on the In game support forums made a good point - put up a rule that says "15 players have to be older than 60 days on the server for the lockout to wear off for those who are still under the 60 day ban". That way you get around the "whole guild transferred over to take our achievement" and you won't screw over people like myself who actually EARNED the god damn title.

Furthermore. They retroactively changed the server transfer arrangement, this did not exist when I transferred. Furthermore they did NOT include this in the European FAQ, only in the US FAQ. How often do i go on worldofwarcraft.com? Never. I go to www.wow-europe.com because it's dedicated to my part of the world.

Do you buy a car, say Opel, only to have a different car like a Fiat delivered to you when the car arrives? That's what people call scam, and this is what Blizzard has done.
    TL;DR - QQ QQQ QQ QQQQQ QQQ QQQQ QQQQQQQ QQQQ I DIDNT GET MY VIRTUAL TITLE QQQQQ QQQQ QQ QQQQ Q Q Q Q Q Q !

Quote Originally Posted by hurricup
    I've got an old phone nokia, got Authenticator and it has some problems with connecting to the internet. Always says "Subscribe to packet data first". But i know that internet settings are ok. And my Cell operator says - ask application developer and blizz says ask you cell operator. And it's a deadend...
    Get an iPhone ;p