Dispersion Animation Change

Did dispersions animation change for anyone else?

On my screen, instead of turning into the ball of gas like before, you kinda just go into an improved shadowform, whereas the purpleness kind've expands, but your body is visible.

Anyone else seeing this? And if so, what's your opinion on the change?

Re: Dispersion Animation Change

Yeah, you pretty much just get a cloud of purple gas around you. Kind of a lame change, not sure why they did it, but I'm rarely Shadow so I'm not that bothered.

It reminds me of the Detect Trap change. Give back swirly ball!
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Yeah, happens to me too.

I don't know if it was intentional. I'm inclined to think not. I sure HOPE not.

There's no issues with the actual ability though, so I'm guessing it's not on Blizzard's priority list for bug fixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan
    Inscription: Flying Parchment: Similar to Flying Carpet, only it looks like the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahk
    There's no issues with the actual ability though, so I'm guessing it's not on Blizzard's priority list for bug fixes.
    Just like the SWP issue/bug hasn't been and still isn't...

the cloud should shoot out our ass and give us a speed boost , causing any enemy within range to do 90% reduced damage for the duration of the dispersion.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Kalakukko
    Just like the SWP issue/bug hasn't been and still isn't...
    Considering it is not a bug, and they made a huge post explaining that it is not a bug and why it was intentionally changed to not benefit from haste, they probably won't be "bug fixing" it, no.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Considering it is not a bug, and they made a huge post explaining that it is not a bug and why it was intentionally changed to not benefit from haste, they probably won't be "bug fixing" it, no.
    I think he means the seriously annoying bug that happens when you refresh with mindflay and it changes the 'time' when the dot ticks compared to when its cast. So instead of it casting at x+3, x+6 seconds it ticks at x+y, x+(2*y) where y is a time between 0 and 3 when you refreshed it.

This means that sometimes you refresh it at 1 second left and the damn thing still falls off wasting a GCD.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Something much more important than visual is new : you can now cast dispersion pretty much whenever you want. You can cast it on a mount, you can cast it, then cast your mount, etc...

/love this spell ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Trample
    Something much more important than visual is new : you can now cast dispersion pretty much whenever you want. You can cast it on a mount, you can cast it, then cast your mount, etc...

/love this spell ^^.
    That's not new, been up since 3.2 if not earlier.
    "There's a difference between us. You think the people of this country exist to provide you with position. I think your position exists to provide those people with freedom. And I go to make sure that they have it."
    - William Wallace

Ok. Didn't noticed that in 3.2. But I wasn't playing my priest alot at that times.

It's possible it was changed because clicking(targetting) the priest when he was dispersed was a pain in the ass..

I don't know if that was intended, or if this changed it(Haven't fought any shadowpriests lately), but it sound plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    It's possible it was changed because clicking(targetting) the priest when he was dispersed was a pain in the ass..

I don't know if that was intended, or if this changed it(Haven't fought any shadowpriests lately), but it sound plausible.
    It's not plausible when you consider Dispersion being a brand new and unique animation that they added specifically for the class in Lich King. They really wouldn't put all that work in just to crap on it a year later.

Or maybe they would, idk what the fuck Blizz wants to do anymore

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

I would imagine it's intentional, it would be an impressive "bug" that worked that well; I actually like the change. I'd rather just have a little fart cloud around me instead of changing into a huge fart cloud.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account

I like the new animation for it. Makes it seem like your "dispersing" into the shadow world...rather than turning into a ball...

-Libertor's Armory!- "AGGRO" ~ LOOSELY TRANSLATED, IT MEANS "THE PRIEST DIES."

The old one had you dispersing into a cloud of gas. Now you're only half-dispersing, while still being there unable to do anything anyways. Old one was definitely cooler. You want the same visual effect with this one? Get someone to give you Power Infusion while in Shadowform. Tada, you have a cloud around you, you're purple and transparent. And you're not self-silenced!

I highly doubt this is intended. Nothing was said on the patch notes, or blues about it. On the other hand, no blue has come out and said it was a bug: Usually, this can be attributed to the fact no devs actually play priests so they wouldn't even notice.

On the other hand, if it is intended, it would be for PvP. And not because it's hard to click on them. It's hard to click on a fucking gnome, stop crying and stop clicking.

If it is intended, it's because Rogues suddenly can't backstab (maybe Ambush?) you (or druids with Shred) just because they can't tell which direction you're facing. But they already have enough tools to maul your face while you're silenced that it doesn't really matter at that point.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

I highly doubt this is intended. Nothing was said on the patch notes, or blues about it. On the other hand, no blue has come out and said it was a bug: Usually, this can be attributed to the fact no devs actually play priests so they wouldn't even notice.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they changed the animation for the +81 to staff enchant in 3.3? I didn't read anything about that change...I'm sure there's lots of little things they don't bother mentioning.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

I sadly don't have a Shadowpriest, but I've seen dispersed priests mounted, and didn't it look quite odd pre change, with ghost clouds on mounts? from that PoV the new one looks better, imo. Otherwise its really odd indeed. I liked the old one better.

Noticed this too, and I don't care for it.