Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Vote to kick (good or bad)

It is very good, I like to kick people pulling 500 dps in T9, and Tanks with 23k health trying to tank heroic FoS and any of the new 3 mans who also can't hold aggro.

So after a wipe there was one person who refused to release and fly back. He was flipping out as to why I didn't res him (He more or less caused the wipe) and tried to kick me. Vote rejected. I pull up a vote to kick him. Vote passed. Found another DPS in about 20 seconds. That was doing about 3x more than the one we just kicked.

Vote kick is pretty sweet I think.
    I'm not into kicking undergeared people because I want a fast run. If they're in blues and greens they should still be able to pull around 1200-1500 dps if they know their class.
    If they're doing around 500 dps though, its sort of tough to want to keep them around. Gear doesn't save them. No need for them to be in my heroic. Especially if they backmouth the healer after causing a wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen
    Not good enough. People can join AFK or suck major ass from the first minute and you still won't be able to votekick them before the group has carried them through 85% of the instance..
    Correct - we had a rogue join afk, then he put follow on and we did one pack. The spare dps we had was saying to us "just f***ing go, we can 4 man" but NO WAY am I carrying anyone on follow through an instance on principal, ofc none of us could kick, so we just left and re-qued after a drink - should have been able to kick him the minute he put follow on.

Oh - mini rant mmo-champ style - if your joining a 10-15 minute instance these days a 7 minute afk isnt acceptable - you will find another group soon enough if your 11 mothers have all been grabbed by king kong and you need to rescue them.

Quote Originally Posted by blowbags2
    Correct - we had a rogue join afk, then he put follow on and we did one pack. The spare dps we had was saying to us "just f***ing go, we can 4 man" but NO WAY am I carrying anyone on follow through an instance on principal, ofc none of us could kick, so we just left and re-qued after a drink - should have been able to kick him the minute he put follow on.

Oh - mini rant mmo-champ style - if your joining a 10-15 minute instance these days a 7 minute afk isnt acceptable - you will find another group soon enough if your 11 mothers have all been grabbed by king kong and you need to rescue them.
    Rule of thumb is you ask before you afk, people who join afk should be booted.

Good. The other day in UK heroic the priest healer died in an iceblock on 1st boss because no dps tried to free him. He then spent the rest of the instance refusing to heal anyone but himself.... I waited till after the next boss then kicked him out. We continued without a healer without any problem since i'm a prot pala and seal of light / jol > any damage you take in UK.

Bad. Get quite tired of people using it for stupid reasons. I've seen people start vote kicks against someone who rolled need on the santa hat in a heroic... despite him asking if it was ok to do so 1st and nobody saying he shouldn't.

Overall it's good but it would be nice if the timer was lowered a bit. 5-10 mins might be slightly better.

i hate how so many idiots just press yes beliving it to be a readycheck...
    and yes the 15min thingy is retarded most instances doesnt take much longer than 15min-20min (exept HoS, that bloody event alone takes 15min......)
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.