Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: How you got revenge.

I was in a VoA group that failed real bad and a friend of mine was healing it and I was tanking it. We wiped like 30 times because the nubs liked to stand in fire. I said (In raid chat) Sir, permission to engage in Operation Jenkings? He replied (In raid chat) Permission granted. I pulled koralon, and killed everyone including ourselves. The group was like WTF? and this douchy rogue was under Koralon and I rezzed him, and pulled Koralon again and we bubble hearthed /left. He died twice, along with a few other douchy dps.

We did the same thing in a fail Ony 10 man run. Killed a mage 4 times 8)
    "No we. No one tells me what to do. I've got everything I need from you -- now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready."

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Miji
    Group: My undead shadow priest + pally tank + priest healer + DK + Huntard.
    Instance: Halls of Stone
    Situation: Everyone in the group, excluding my priest in the tank was pulling under 2k dps, so I was loling at them.

Kay, so this DK / Huntard duo of idiocy begin to rag no how much of a shitty shadow priest I am. Lemme give you a run down, my spriest has naxx 10 / 25 gear since I rarely play him, and still pulls 3kish dps or so. Now, not wanting to listen to these two and their gibbertrash excuse for language, I informed them that my rogue outdpsed them while afk'd and autoattacking in pvp gear + spec. Of course they didn't like this, and refused to accept it and said my rogue probably has worse gear than my priest (My Night Elf rogue rocking ToGC 25 / ToC 25 gear, with a mix of furious / deadly / relentless pvp gear.) So to teach these scrubs a lesson I invited them, all 4 of them because the tank and healer being silent annoyed me, to meet me outside HoS and see how long it would take the 4 of them to kill me.

About 15 minutes later, there they are fully buffed outside HoS ready and waiting. By now, you're probably asking "How the fuck is this revenge?" It isn't really..... the 4 rogues from my guild that came with me on the other hand was.

55 or so minutes later, they're still being farmed and I'm recieving whispers from the pally tank to please just let him go because he can't afford spirit rezzing anymore.
    Oh, and Sir, just so you know, you are my hero/inspiration. I think I'm going to level a rogue and grind all the gear with my friends JUST so I can do this if I ever need to. /salute

;D
    "No we. No one tells me what to do. I've got everything I need from you -- now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready."

you'd be amazed the effectiveness of a simple misdirect "nudge" for a boss to kill that person that's been ticking you off the whole raid.

that's my main strategy, normally i take it out on the next boss by mashing my head against the keyboard yelling "raaaarrrgh!!!! smash annoying virtual maaan!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

15+ Year Old Account

Revenge? we good hearted folks call it Justice.

I don't usually have problems with groups.. although when I was leveling up one time this dude was camping me.. then I saw him in Av a few minutes later! got our entire raid to go after him lol. Justice.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Miji

I used to sell rides from Orgrimmar to Tanaris on my priest. I'd get to the great lift, run off and pop levitate while /loling at the nubs who paid 50g to die in 1k needles.
    How is that revenge? Or have you been wronged by society somehow? At least you aren't murdering people IRL... yet.

Back in the days of ZA where I use to heal, we had a tank that loved to duel wield (Warrior ofcourse) because he wanted to keep his rage up... yeah seriously, appearently using a shield wasn't enough... So we're fighting the bear boss, he's the OT and strangely enough he is using his shield, Time to taunt... No way... he's took his shield off to get rage.

So he dies... I get a whisper 'CB res' so I do it, he res's up gets a quick buff and heals then he taunts... no shield. Guess who died again! I get a whisper 'You guys aren't f**king trying. Heal more'... *Sigh*

Anyway, this guy had to leave our guild, turns out none of our healers would heal him any more because it wasn't just me, he would whisper every healer and complain that they aren't doing there job.
    Our MT had a little less gear than him, but he always wore his shield and generally an all round better tank and never died on that boss. Question is: 'I wonder which healer convinced the rest of the healers to not heal him' ;D.

Moral of the story. Never tell a healer how to heal, it will only make it worse.

15+ Year Old Account

Not necessarily revenge, and I feel for everyone complaining about dps pulling more mobs. I played a hunter for roughly 2 years so I'm used to standing in the back by the healer and protecting them from random aggro. Well now that I've been playing my dk it just makes it easier to save their ass via deathgrip. I have had sooooo many random tanks whine about me doing this, but hell I tank it after I pull it to me. Most of the time if one of them complains I just say in /p I'll tank a bitch.

Was Tanking on my Feral Druid and a DPS Warrior was using Taunt for "Extra Damage".
    After a while, I got sick of it, and went cat form, and told him "If he wants to taunt, he might as well tank too".
    He said "Lol, ok" and went and pulled some mobs. Healer didn't heal him, he died with a "OMFG WTF YOU FAIL HEALER".
    I went Bear and grabbed aggro, and he had to corpse walk because we didn't res him. Didn't taunt again.

Which is why I don't like DPS Warriors too much.

Best one I ever heard of was a friend.
    Setting was Gruul's Lair back in BC days. He was soulstoned and the group was taking forever, wiping, etc.
    He got tired of waiting so he mana-tapped High King Maulgar, Diving Interventioned the main tank, soulstone rezzed, Blessing of Protectioned the main tank, then proceeded to bubble hearth.
    He's my hero for that.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Usual battleground revenges, especially (infact, probably all) in vanilla before x-realm. My priest would get picked on while aiming for general rank - I didnt mind getting owned because I was a cloth threat but those who'd shadowmeld and pick me off or base off, GY camp me with their personal healer... But I had a rogue and I was a little lucky with gear, got claw of the black drake and viskag and when you used adren rush evasion it was stupidly OP, especially with zerker buff, you could easily harrass someone the entire WSG match - so it was ideal, priest harassed? say hello to my stealthing lucky with weapons cooldown based class who'd 2 shot mages (really.. not skill, zerker buff + viskag/claw vs cloth 3khp = 1400 ss crit 1400 ss crit > offhand / white damage dead, warriors / whatever simply evasion and one/two extra SS)

Lately havent really needed it... come to think of it, its been a while since someones really got to me and its needed spite/revenge.

when im supper bored and chilling in IF i always get mobbed by low levels gold beggers.
    REVENGE:
    1) "sure i'll give you some gold... if you duel me for fun"
    2) kite the lowbie until hes on top of a fire (very common at IF)
    3) attack lowbie
    4) watch lowbie die by fire
    5) RUN!
    6) repeat steps 1-5

A while back while leveling my Druid, I got ganked by a Rogue and Mage questing in the same area...

When I rezed, I flew to a safe spot, rebuffed, and found the bastards...

Prowled up to the mage, popped Berserk, and burned him down before the Rogue noticed what was happening. Re-stealthed and reopened on the rogue, got all my bleeds on him and started just running circles around him in travel form while the bleeds worked their magic. Best part was that he survived with only a few HP left, I let him kill himself on my Thorns.

I had a good one in ICC-10 last night.

I'm on my Hunter, in a pretty good pug made up of people out of the top guilds on the server, and others that are more casual but very good nonetheless. The whole raid there's not a single Gearscore under 5.1k, and all of these people know what they're doing.

So, we've cleared trash, Marrowgar, more trash, and we're at Lady Deathwhisper. The RL (shaman) has to afk. He's a casual, got awesome gear from running weekend PuGs with better guilds, badges, etc., but treats the game and everyone in it like we all have a giant "pause" button, and we're all here solely at his whim.

After 15 minutes of him being afk, he auto-logs. We're all like, wtf? RIGHT after he auto-logs, he logs back in, says he'll only be "a couple more minutes". A couple more turned out to be another 10, and we can't replace him, because he's RL and we're all locked. To top it off, now he's afk, but randomly jumps every now and then to keep from getting logged.

People start giving up and leaving. I'm pissed, since this fucker just got me locked to ICC10 for ONE FUCKING BOSS…

…So, he's gotta die until I'm satisfied.

I quickly whipser the remaining 4 people to get out of Lady D's room, and they back up. I run in, send my pet to the boss, MD the first 2 adds I see to the RL, and haul ass back to the door where I FD.

My pet despawns because of distance, the RL dies, and it all resets. Within seconds of the reset, the RL ahnks back to life, screaming "WTF you asshole what was that?!"

My response was simple, and eloquont.

I tagged the boss again, FD'd at the RL's feet, and /whispered "When you over-AFK, you just have to pay!" as the adds roflstomped him another 10% on his repair bill.

The best part though had to be as we were leaving the instance. The RL exits, right into a bigass mob that a Hordie had kited up to the door, and promptly gets stomped AGAIN.

I haven't even seen the guy log on since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

Off-topic and all, but how about the "How you rose above the situation" thread. There's enough pettiness and douchebaggery in the community already, thanks.

Deleted

I hated the tanks in my guild.

Took me 2 months but just make friends with healers and convince them for 1 week to let them die on trash.

It never stopped after a week though.

Those wer just for fun though, not going to post how i make revenge as it is to easy and you can kill guilds. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hythos
    Ultima On-Line, Baja server, July 1997.
    Leaving Vesper, got PK'd by a pair of guys whom looted all my warez. Spoke to a few people later in town whom had the same thing happen.

LANParty (to be left unnamed), October 31, 1997.
    While engaged in random conversation about Ultima On-Line with two participants, realized these were actually THE two same people, continuing to brag about their PK exploits.

I don't think those two PK'd anyone again after our "meeting"....
    Aww, did they die from laughing at you and how they owned your scrubby char? Always a shame when good pvpers go.

Well, as a tank I wont pick up mobs b/c dps is retared and pulls. or bubble hearth during a boss fight.

as healer, just let ppl die lol.

as dps, MD to healer over n over :P

Back in tbc when i was leveling one of my hunters when the group en mass started flaming me for using misdirect on the tank. They didn't know what it did and couldn't be told. So i showed them first hand by misdirecting on the rogue and /fd. Group wiped lol!!

No idea why they flamed me on that one lol , but im sure they know what it does now.

My revenge when the stupid paladin did a need roll on a mp5 trinket while he wasnt even holy specced!!
    I checked his Armory and he was retri/prot
    so what I did was not healing him anymore during the whole instance, he died like 5 times :P
    Duel me if u dare! I think your chicken, /duel
    http://snoekje. mybrute. com

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naft
    ^ As a main tank this works.. Extremely well to get revenge
    That's archaic now that you can pull and just leach dungeon instantly :-X
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama