Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Top 10 Irritating Personalities in LFG PuGs

Running through a lot of heroics, whether on my rogue, my tank, or my lock, I've tended to notice a whole bunch of stupid people. My top 10 favourites are as follows.

#10: The Gearscore checker

This is the guy who instead of hitting mobs in an instance as dps is spastically looking at wow-heroes, updating the armory as fast as he can. Loudly declares to the group that in fact, he has a better gearscore than the rest of you and should be listened to in every situation. Possibly might be doing more damage than the rest of the people in the instance, but is only actually in the instance 20% of the time. Boot as soon as possible.

#9: The "I can't do this"

Usually a healer as DPS are expected to be mindless, but sometimes a tank. As soon as an instance with any degree of difficulty is loaded, (Oculus, AN, ICC instances, ToC) the "I can't do this" immediately proclaims "Don't have the gear for this, sorry" and leaves group. Is always geared enough for the instance, but possesses no degree of skill whatsoever. You could boot them, but their shame usually makes them leave before you can.

#8: The guy who did this a million times before and never had a problem with it

You all know who this guy is. He's the one tanking Bronjahm next to the soul fragments so they heal him 13 times in a row, or doesn't stand behind the saronite boulders until he gets 40 stacks of freezing ice and dies. He stands in the ghoul explosions in ToC, underneath Marrowgar, and in the fires on Goremok, but he never had a problem with it before. Declares this very loudly and repeatedly, despite obviously having no clue what to do in the encounter. Usually reverts to #10, and starts chanting his gear score repeatedly as proof of his knowledge.

#7: The dps who knows exactly what to do, but doesn't

This is the person who acts really confused when he chains off a 10k howling blast in the middle of 20 mobs and dies instantly, or stands in a whirlwind and demands heals, usually while standing in it. Will usually blame the healer after taking prodigious amounts of avoidable damage that should never be taken in the first place. Is often dead, refuses to run back, and instead asks for a rez. Should be booted at earliest convienience.

#6: MANA!

This is the healer that doesn't quite understand how instances work, or that they can in fact use things to regenerate their mana, such as abilities and drinks. Follows the tank around like a lost puppy and talks with one finger. Slowly types out N-e-e-d t-o d-r-i-n-k while not drinking, holding up every pull. Will usually crack in any pressure situation and leave group in shame. Constantly has to be reminded that they can, in fact, drink between pulls, and must be encouraged to do so.

#5: I'm not really sure what my abilities do...

These folks are the lost. The ones who have somehow managed to get to level 80 without actually looking at any of their abilities. These are the 70 point affliction warlocks or full BM hunters that mysteriously never actually use Haunt, Unstable affliction, or Bestial wrath. Usually have talent trees that are mishmash and horrible to look at. Usually pulling under 1k dps, or seen casting incomprehensible spells at the worst times.

#4: ... I had what ability?

People who, mysteriously, have levelled to 80 and don't actually know what abilities they HAVE. Usually a healer, usually when asked where certain things are. Things include such important spells as Abolish Disease, Divine Plea, Cleansing Totem, or Innervate. When asked why they are not using these important spells, generally stony silence or a quick group quit happens.

#3: This isn't how I do it on my main!

Ah, these guys. They do everything different, whether you are tanking or healing or just straight damage, they've done it better, and they do it completely different than you do. Never mind the fact that right now, they're doing what they're supposed to be doing terribly, they're just on an alt and don't really care, but you should listen to them, because they're in a top 50 guild in the world, and their advice should be listened to. Should be removed at the earliest possibility.

#2: Wow Life Coaches/ Touch Typers

Even though they're playing on their hunter, have one of you on autofollow and have 80% autoshot damage, these fellows decide to teach you everything about the game so that you can learn as you play. Usually a healer, this person decides to fill the void between heals with witty commentary about how the game should be played, usually resulting in someone's death immediately after. Is always baffled as to how exactly that happened while they were typing, there really shouldn't have been that much damage going out on a pull. They will go on to describe exactly what the mobs in that pull were doing by pulling out recount records. Knows exactly what everything does and is, just not how to play the game or how to react to it.

#1: The Entitled Prick

Probably fitting into at least 3 of these categories, the entitled prick can be seen pulling random mobs around, coaching players on exactly how bad they are, all while doing terrible dps, a horrible job in tanking, or a lacklustre job in healing. May also be your best dps, but is usually dead because he disregards any part of encounters other than his recount numbers. Links dps meters constantly. If he dies, the healer is to blame. No questions asked. If he was crushed by a saronite boulder, his health should've been maxed. Usually is able to heal or prevent damage, but never does. Nothing is his fault, you should've been doing a better job to prevent his death. You don't want to remove him because he's actually semi-competent, but he's just so much of an assbag that you really have to.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Re: Top 10 Irritating Personalities in LFG PuGs

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth

You all know who this guy is. He's the one tanking Bronjahm next to the soul fragments so they heal him 13 times in a row, or doesn't stand behind the saronite boulders until he gets 40 stacks of freezing ice and dies. He stands in the ghoul explosions in ToC, underneath Marrowgar, and in the fires on Goremok, but he never had a problem with it before. Declares this very loudly and repeatedly, despite obviously having no clue what to do in the encounter. Usually reverts to #10, and starts chanting his gear score repeatedly as proof of his knowledge.
    I had a fun run in with this on my alt (Warlock) recently. Got a Forge of Souls as a random which surprised my because his gear is only item level 200 purples for the most part. The group looked pretty good but we nearly failed on bronjahm because none of the other dps switch to kill of the sould fragments and the priest healer stood in the storm until the boss died and barely managed to survive. Then later when we died to the last boss the same healer didn't know the way back to the instance because they had only done the ICC raids and needed to be told not to stand in the purple stuff. One of the other dps also did not know when to stop dps on the boss when he did his mirror. Second try we barely managed to kill the boss after the priest died again because we forgot to tell them not to stand in the gaze too.

Do Thunderstorming and Typhooning Ele Shammies and Balance Droods fall under #8?

Very funny read as I've encoutered people from #1 - 10 :P

Falls into the sad but true category

LOL love this post ;D

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

"Do Thunderstorming and Typhooning Ele Shammies and Balance Droods fall under #8?"

Nah, we just get bored.

11. The Victim

Usually first on dps, but complains about everyone else's dps and how everybody should be doing at least 4k dps. Continually whines about wipes that could be avoided by things such as tremor totem or moving away from poison. Tends to be kicked by group pretty quickly.

Signature Gallery
    Warriors are the manliest, badass class. If you are a man, you have a warrior.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

dont really recognize myself in any of these. if any, its probably #2 i think, cause i always tend to tell ppl what to do differently, usually cause its just wrong, like a ret pally casting might on himself while battleshout is active, ive seen tons of these.

i do feel like i shud share this story of this afternoon, FoS HC. went decent although i had to healthpot and last stand a few times to not die on trash. bronjahm goes down, and the 2.6 speed dps axe drops. if i pvp i usually go protection so i ask if its oke if i need it.
    no-one else needed so i do. the healer starts nerdraging on me why i needed on that axe, so i tell him its for a pvp spec. i think he didnt quite understand the idea even tho i told him it was for a devastate pvp build. he tells me that im a retard that needs to L2P his class and pvping with a 2.6 is retarded.
    i ask him what he suggests and ofc he doesnt reply, he just screams that im a ninja and i shud die..ironicly after he typed that he refreshed his beacon of light on me. i tell him i dont care about the 22g, but ofc theres no reasoning with ppl like this.
    he goes on bitching about how im a chinese nerd with no life cause i play wow.
    I lose abit more of my faith in humanity...

Quote Originally Posted by sexy_fish
    11. The Victim

Usually first on dps, but complains about everyone else's dps and how everybody should be doing at least 4k dps. Continually whines about wipes that could be avoided by things such as tremor totem or moving away from poison. Tends to be kicked by group pretty quickly.
    That would be me.

Just the guy that knows the game and is facepalming himself every time someone else tries to come up with something obvious or plain dumb. Also the healer that needs to preheal the tank to let him know "HEY MAN I REALLY AM READY".

Deleted

I really enjoyed reading the post of the OP. Made me laugh and think back of many moments

15+ Year Old Account

you forgot the tanks who never check manausers mana but keep chainpulling and wonder why he get no heals or why the caster dps suddenly stops.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account

This is the guy who instead of hitting mobs in an instance as dps is spastically looking at wow-heroes, updating the armory as fast as he can. Loudly declares to the group that in fact, he has a better gearscore than the rest of you and should be listened to in every situation. Possibly might be doing more damage than the rest of the people in the instance, but is only actually in the instance 20% of the time. Boot as soon as possible.
    This ones me minus the bragging about having better gear. If I join a H ICC pug, and there are people there with sub 4k gs, I'm probably going to leave. I usually just leave without saying anything but sometimes I rejoin and it's THE SAME group as before. They don't boot me, but they do sometimes go "oh it's him again. you gonna stay this time" right as I leave again, heh. I'm the tank with over 45k hp, so they usually don't want to boot me.

Edit: Also, you don't have to alt-tab and update wow-heroes or w/e it is you said. Just DL the gs addon and hover mouse over their names for instant gearscore.

"It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

i had a pug mage want to kick me from an ony group cuz i was joking around on trash wearing only my weapons, no armor/rings/trinket/cloak/neck...beat that mage by 400 dps...in just weapons.

Running through a lot of heroics, whether on my rogue, my tank, or my lock, I've tended to notice a whole bunch of stupid people. My top 10 favourites are as follows.

#9: The "I can't do this"

Usually a healer as DPS are expected to be mindless, but sometimes a tank. As soon as an instance with any degree of difficulty is loaded, (Oculus, AN, ICC instances, ToC) the "I can't do this" immediately proclaims "Don't have the gear for this, sorry" and leaves group. Is always geared enough for the instance, but possesses no degree of skill whatsoever. You could boot them, but their shame usually makes them leave before you can.

#7: The dps who knows exactly what to do, but doesn't

This is the person who acts really confused when he chains off a 10k howling blast in the middle of 20 mobs and dies instantly, or stands in a whirlwind and demands heals, usually while standing in it. Will usually blame the healer after taking prodigious amounts of avoidable damage that should never be taken in the first place. Is often dead, refuses to run back, and instead asks for a rez. Should be booted at earliest convienience.

#6: MANA!

This is the healer that doesn't quite understand how instances work, or that they can in fact use things to regenerate their mana, such as abilities and drinks. Follows the tank around like a lost puppy and talks with one finger. Slowly types out N-e-e-d t-o d-r-i-n-k while not drinking, holding up every pull. Will usually crack in any pressure situation and leave group in shame. Constantly has to be reminded that they can, in fact, drink between pulls, and must be encouraged to do so.

#5: I'm not really sure what my abilities do...

These folks are the lost. The ones who have somehow managed to get to level 80 without actually looking at any of their abilities. These are the 70 point affliction warlocks or full BM hunters that mysteriously never actually use Haunt, Unstable affliction, or Bestial wrath. Usually have talent trees that are mishmash and horrible to look at. Usually pulling under 1k dps, or seen casting incomprehensible spells at the worst times.

#4: ... I had what ability?

People who, mysteriously, have levelled to 80 and don't actually know what abilities they HAVE. Usually a healer, usually when asked where certain things are. Things include such important spells as Abolish Disease, Divine Plea, Cleansing Totem, or Innervate. When asked why they are not using these important spells, generally stony silence or a quick group quit happens.

#3: This isn't how I do it on my main!

Ah, these guys. They do everything different, whether you are tanking or healing or just straight damage, they've done it better, and they do it completely different than you do. Never mind the fact that right now, they're doing what they're supposed to be doing terribly, they're just on an alt and don't really care, but you should listen to them, because they're in a top 50 guild in the world, and their advice should be listened to. Should be removed at the earliest possibility.

#2: Wow Life Coaches/ Touch Typers

Even though they're playing on their hunter, have one of you on autofollow and have 80% autoshot damage, these fellows decide to teach you everything about the game so that you can learn as you play. Usually a healer, this person decides to fill the void between heals with witty commentary about how the game should be played, usually resulting in someone's death immediately after. Is always baffled as to how exactly that happened while they were typing, there really shouldn't have been that much damage going out on a pull. They will go on to describe exactly what the mobs in that pull were doing by pulling out recount records. Knows exactly what everything does and is, just not how to play the game or how to react to it.

#1: The Entitled Prick

Probably fitting into at least 3 of these categories, the entitled prick can be seen pulling random mobs around, coaching players on exactly how bad they are, all while doing terrible dps, a horrible job in tanking, or a lacklustre job in healing. May also be your best dps, but is usually dead because he disregards any part of encounters other than his recount numbers. Links dps meters constantly. If he dies, the healer is to blame. No questions asked. If he was crushed by a saronite boulder, his health should've been maxed. Usually is able to heal or prevent damage, but never does. Nothing is his fault, you should've been doing a better job to prevent his death. You don't want to remove him because he's actually semi-competent, but he's just so much of an assbag that you really have to.
    Amazing post. I love you.

My favorite are the non tank pullers. Playing as a tank and healer I get mages/locks/rogues who decide our quick run could go even quicker if they pull mobs and then complain if they get nuked. After a while I just stand there and watch them die. If you wanna pull like that play a tank class.
    They should make this game harder. Maybe before you log in they ask you questions before you can enter the world, questions like: "When KCl is put into solution (aka added to purified water) and a slight current is added what precipitates form at the cathode and anode?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis
    you forgot the tanks who never check manausers mana but keep chainpulling and wonder why he get no heals or why the caster dps suddenly stops.
    You also forgot the healer who is complaining about tank chain-pulling and needing to drink but doesn't realize a blood DK is tanking and can easily self-heal the entire instance without a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by sexy_fish
    11. The Victim

So your "Victim" does good dps, and doesn't like playing with people not using their abilities correctly, or people dying to retarded things.

Wow. Guy sounds like a real prick. :

The OP's post was spot on, nice job. #6 is especially funny when it's not a healer - I had an arcane mage bitching at me for pulling trash too quickly. I'd also like to add one as well:

The Explorer

Having only started running heroics post 3.3, this player has never actually made his way to any of the dungeons in Northrend, and consequently has absolutely no idea where he is. If this player is forced to release and run back, be prepared to wait at least 10 minutes while he flies around searching for the instance portal. Will probably facepull several skipped trash packs while looking for the group once inside. Especially fun if said player is also the tank.

erm the part about pulling aggro on AoE packs kinda fits on me :P

well unless the tnak is total crap i manage, i just wait a few secs. not my fault feral druids dont have reduced threat

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

it seems you are in a really bad battlegroup, or have just had the worst possible group matchin since release to have encountered all these differant types on noobs :S. i'm on the cyclone battlegroup on the stormscale realm and have only encounter people who type messages to me in caps because i'm not pulling them fast enough. (i'm a paladin tank) after a while i will get annoyed pull half the instance bubble and everyone dies. i ofcourse apoligise to the non-noobs and pay for their repair bill but it's funny to see how the retards respond to what i did :-P

you forgot the impatient person, where if its going at anything but breakneck speed or if you wipe once, regardless of why they'll say its taking to long =p