Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Rules all random PuGs should (try) to follow

I think there are different scenarios going on and being discussed / argued.
    1) A timid tank that takes 2 minutes to setup every pull. So the dps helps move it along (personally, when I’m on my dps toons and I find this level of frustration with someone, I just leave and eat the 15 minute debuff).
    2) A tank the pulls fast, but smart. He / She keeps an eye on the healers and dps’s mana and pulls one pack after the other. But jackass dps still feel the need to try and force the heroic to go at break-neck speed because 15minutes per heroic is much too long when it can be done in 13minutes.

I’ve been known to drop out of bear to innervate a healer or even a mana-using dps (if the healers mana is fine) to keep the group moving from pull to pull faster.
    That being said, I’m now all but void of rage and guess what… the dps will have to be “smart” (lawl, oxymoron there, eh?) and give me a few seconds to establish agro.
    Tell me this, how often do you, as dps look at the healers mana? How often do you look at a tank’s rage? Because the better geared the tank is, the more difficult (not impossible, just more difficult) it is to keep a decent amount of rage / mana (pally tanks). Increasingly so if the DPS is good, because I have to burn rage at a quicker rate to keep agro. Understand?

I’ve done a run where the rogue was pulling with tricks, but he was doing it responsibly, watching healers and other dps’s mana, etc.

I’ve also tanked for groups where some jackass kid is yelling, “go, go, go” while the healer was literally at less than 2k mana. And a healer that wanted me to pull group on top of group, while the dps was struggling to down the group we already had.

I’m all for fast runs, it’s fun, it’s challenging. I’m against stupid people that can’t be bothered to look at another players rage / mana bar but feels the need to push the group to borderline wiping status on trivial content.

/hugs

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Rules all random PuGs should (try) to follow

Quote Originally Posted by urdaddy
    I’m all for fast runs, it’s fun, it’s challenging. I’m against stupid people that can’t be bothered to look at another players rage / mana bar but feels the need to push the group to borderline wiping status on trivial content.

/hugs
    ^ this.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>