Thread: Random Heroic

Random Heroic

Is it me or it's ALWAYS Oculus and Old Kingdom?
    Is there a bug or something, because... 95% of the time I get an random heroic group, it has to be Oculus or Old Kingdom.

In before QQmore

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Random Heroic

Random is random, the ones you're "stuck" with are not that bad, Old Kingdom a tons of time, i'd love that, 7 badges ftw.

Well, first of all, no, random isn't random. Blizzard made it clear it's a "fuzzy logic" sort of random, and for some reason it weighs dungeons differently.

Secondly, being the geek that I am, I've actually kept track of my random dungeons.

Out of 153 random invites, 87 has been Oculus and 44 has been OK.

Now, I don't understand this, it makes no sense to me. If anything, I would imagine Blizzard would make ToC/Frozen Halls dungeons the most common, since it would make sense to put people most frequently into the new content, but apparently not.

It almost seems like Blizzard saw all the criticism of Oculus, and figured they'd shove it down our throats.

With me getting near 100 on multiple toons I haven't seen Occlus more than twice or OK. Normally I get one of the Utgarde

It is random but only if everyone in the group choose a random instance. If some queue for a specific instance the system take people from the random so the one who want this instance don't have to wait forever.

I'm sure the random dungeon system also weighs the dungeons the other people have done.
    So, it probably goes by how many are not locked per toon (or least ran if doing a shitload of randoms in a day), then randomly picks through those.
    Plus, I have had more people drop from Occ runs than I care to count.
    So alot of people never actually have that locked out, raising its priority.

That's my guess anywho.

I have four toons and so far for me AN and HoS are the most common.

For the person who said why wouldn't the new ones always come up. Because people are already annoyed at scrubs in the regular ones. If you through every sub 1k dps into HoR people would use the keyboard to face palm.
    Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by verrazano

Secondly, being the geek that I am, I've actually kept track of my random dungeons.

Out of 153 random invites, 87 has been Oculus and 44 has been OK.
    Groups that have started a heroic and have someone leave get put to the top of the queue for finding a replacement, the reason that you get those two more is that people leave them more.

This is caused entirely by the players.

Hmmm I have done well over a 100, and I can't think of one standing out more than any other. It seems truely random. I think I have run OCC maybe 5 or so times
    "Peace is a lie"

Never had Oculus of all the times I done it.

I get Gun'Drak atleast once a day though, but you won't hear me complain for that.

I am The Burning Legion

Gears also comes into play with Randoms. If you have someone in the group with lower gears, you'll get lower heroics.

10+ Year Old Account

Gundrak... always GUNDRAK!
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I've only gotten occ twice since the patch, and one of those times 3 of the people in the group had never been there before. I said they nerfed the hell out of this place, it's easy. they said ok and we 1 shotted everything. Those 3 also got the 20 minute achievement. People really need to stop being little bitches.

I think this might have something to do with people farming hats. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) blizzard pairs people who select random with people who select specific. So if someone hasn't gotten their winter hat yet they queue for OK, Nexus and Occulus.

Quote Originally Posted by l2pug
    I think this might have something to do with people farming hats. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) blizzard pairs people who select random with people who select specific. So if someone hasn't gotten their winter hat yet they queue for OK, Nexus and Occulus.
    Two good points in this thread I haven't thought of yet:
    1. People queuing specifically for hats (not sure how much of an effect this has...my friends and I manually walked into normal Nexus and ran straight to what's-her-name four times...but I'm sure others are doing the Heroics).
    2. Many people don't have these dungeons on lockout due to leaving the group, bumping the priority on these dungeons (outside of the obvious "tank is gone, this group gets put back to the top of the list).

I'm wondering how many of the people with non-random streaks are tanks or healers, versus DPS. My tanking queues have seemed a little...weird....but my DPS queues are almost always unique.
    Nyuthing!

Quote Originally Posted by l2pug
    This would be false, simply because I'm not actually teaming with randoms. All my groups are 5 guildies, and we just queue up to get the random awards. So I know for a fact that every single one of those I have done is "truly random", not someone in my team queuing for specifics (since I always grab lead in my groups)

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer
    Hmmm I have done well over a 100, and I can't think of one standing out more than any other. It seems truely random. I think I have run OCC maybe 5 or so times
    Well, even Blizzard has confirmed in a blue post that it is not random, as in mathematically random. There's a ton of different factors that are weighed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    Groups that have started a heroic and have someone leave get put to the top of the queue for finding a replacement, the reason that you get those two more is that people leave them more.

This is caused entirely by the players.
    Yes, this is a factor, but as I already said, not applicable to my numbers, since I never use the random system solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Barado Black
    With me getting near 100 on multiple toons I haven't seen Occlus more than twice or OK. Normally I get one of the Utgarde
    In "lower geared" teams, I tend to get Utgarde a lot. In our "main" team where everyone is at 5k+ gs (no, gs doesn't mean anything!), the numbers are what I posted above.

Quote Originally Posted by simon556
    It is random but only if everyone in the group choose a random instance. If some queue for a specific instance the system take people from the random so the one who want this instance don't have to wait forever.
    Nope, it is not random as in actually random. Blizzard has confirmed this long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzy
    Gears also comes into play with Randoms. If you have someone in the group with lower gears, you'll get lower heroics.
    This is true, but I don't really see why Oculus would be considered a "high" heroic, it sure as hell isn't difficult. Just annoying.

Does it really matter? All you need is a good group and you can finish an instance in 15 minutes. The way you get badges is the way you get badges and the fastest way is doing randoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.