Hunter vs Shadow Priest - Is it an Impossible Fight 1v1?

I have been playing a Hunter now for a very long time and I refreshed an older hunter of mine who is now 74...I've been leveling through PvP 90% of the time and I can out play every class up to level 79 *due to 80 being ezmode gear* except for Shadow Priests...

Every direction I try / shot rotation / anything and everything fails miserably.

Is this an impossible fight to win 1v1?

Re: Hunter vs Shadow Priest - Is it an Impossible Fight 1v1?

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    I have been playing a Hunter now for a very long time and I refreshed an older hunter of mine who is now 74...I've been leveling through PvP 90% of the time and I can out play every class up to level 79 *due to 80 being ezmode gear* except for Shadow Priests...

Every direction I try / shot rotation / anything and everything fails miserably.

Is this an impossible fight to win 1v1?
    My 80 hunter rapes shadow priests. I'm really not sure why you are having issues. They wear cloth, and that means 5-6k crits. Plus you can dispel their bubble or another magic effect with tranq shot. To me it sounds like you should hit 80 and try once you have gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...all&n=Vorlagen

I remember at level 70 it was rather difficult to kill shadow priests. (mostly because fear+heal)

I wouldn't be surprised if it still is.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

That depends what CDs the priest has up, the disarm being the big factor, 9 seconds not being able to do anything besides lay traps (which if he has a brain stem he will move out of) and if you survive that he'll disperse and laugh at you while he humps your face.

/sigh

But pvp isn't balanced around 1v1 and shadow priests in particular can rape anything besides a healer 1v1, but even then they have a 4 second silence and a fear.

At least we have a broken survival ability? and a 3 second silence and a 3 second stun that breaks on damage? lol?
    I give up.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Vorlagen
    My 80 hunter rapes shadow priests. I'm really not sure why you are having issues. They wear cloth, and that means 5-6k crits. Plus you can dispel their bubble or another magic effect with tranq shot. To me it sounds like you should hit 80 and try once you have gear.

You must be playing some terrible shadow priests because I am doing EVERYTHING imaginable and its just not working.

Tranq sometimes doesn't remove the bubble...silence is too short...Improved Devouring plague hits for a @#!@ ton upfront damage then ticks (with no way to stop it as a hunter) for the rest of my hp bar with or without him adding Mind Blast/Flay to the mix (I have 11,000hp at 74) And if i do manage to break his bubble he disperses...either runs away laughing cause im dead with no way to stop the dot dmg...or runs towards me and when disperse comes off his bubble goes back up followed by a aoe fear if hes close enough or ranged fear/disarm...by this time im just perplexed at if its even possible to get them to 50%...

I am playing as MM so I have silence, I have huge burst...I have NO problems with ANY other class...even 5 levels above me. The problem is its fing impossible to kill these guys. I don't know if resilience will be a ground breaking dot modifier but im getting the impression its not going to scale enough to stop the onslaught of insane damage devouring plague puts out.

Here's how I beat a shadow priest. Wyvern sting offgate, I am survival, once that breaks or they trinket out hit them with traps, once close they will try to fear, have deterrence ready for that. At this point you should have Lock and Load up, 3 explosive shots from a hunter with 2302 Agility is almost a guaranteed win. If they disperse, Im engineering, so rocket boot away, then come back for a finishing blow. If a shadow priest can take 3 or 4 explosive shots, before they are in kill shot range, then I'd say you're one fucked hunter. Also you can FD his casts and dots, really funny to see them cast on pets, especially snakes. Survival PvP with no resil ftw!! I BG in raid gear, so maybe thats why. Again, an armory link.

I'm 74...not 80 with 6000AP/50+% chance to crit.

If you get 6000 AP I will look up to you.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

15+ Year Old Account

WTB your gear.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...losophy/simple
    Philosophy, Worgen Mage of Magtheridon EU.Mokari, Nelf Hunter of Magtheridon EU (AKA Shikari @ Achindoun). [Currently inactive]

Why do you compare the impossible when you arent even 80 yet? You dont have the attack power/agility/crit like stated above to equal the spriests damage. Secondly you shouldnt really even be losing to them at that level I mean deterrence/disengage/feign I dont understand what your missing here, frost trap??? You should be able to burst one down before his dots kill you.

you have issues with SP's but not with locks?
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen
    Look at Voralegan - that is who i replied too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiikarii
    WTB your gear.
    Look at Voralegan response / armory

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Why do you compare the impossible when you arent even 80 yet? You dont have the attack power/agility/crit like stated above to equal the spriests damage. Secondly you shouldnt really even be losing to them at that level I mean deterrence/disengage/feign I dont understand what your missing here, frost trap??? You should be able to burst one down before his dots kill you.
    No...Devouring Plague is an instant cast as is their ranged aoe / disarm its not something you can miraculously dodge with any of the listed abilities. He'll get DP off before you will even hit silence. At that point its a race against time and if he uses his Disperse spell you lose as it mitigates that "OMG YOU SHOULD BE DOING UBER BURST DMG" you think will kill anything down to 90dmg / burns cds if you arnt paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    you have issues with SP's but not with locks?
    Locks do not have disperse or instant cast fears....much easier to deal with as you can silence their fears and tranq them...after that they blow up like balloons when hitting them. Most of the time i can down a Lock before the silence comes off.

Not the same story vs a Disperse / Infinite Bubble + Heals + Instant Fear/Disarm shadow priest. Not even in the same ballpark.

Cruc, I think this thread ended up being useless to post here. The mouthbreathers can't read well enough to recognize that you're talking about the 71 to 79 bracket.

Most of the time (perhaps unless you are BM) you'll probably lose to shadow priests 1 on 1 in that bracket. Even with BM it is iffy because they can dispersion your entire BW now that it is nerfed. You'll pretty much have to deterrence their fear and hope you can kill it before it stops to heal.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Vorlagen
    Here's how I beat a shadow priest. Wyvern sting offgate, I am survival, once that breaks or they trinket out hit them with traps, once close they will try to fear, have deterrence ready for that. At this point you should have Lock and Load up, 3 explosive shots from a hunter with 2302 Agility is almost a guaranteed win. If they disperse, Im engineering, so rocket boot away, then come back for a finishing blow. If a shadow priest can take 3 or 4 explosive shots, before they are in kill shot range, then I'd say you're one fucked hunter. Also you can FD his casts and dots, really funny to see them cast on pets, especially snakes. Survival PvP with no resil ftw!! I BG in raid gear, so maybe thats why. Again, an armory link.
    ok Mr "arena games played = 5"
    more like... Shadow priest closes in on you... cast psychic horror... 5 seconds where you can do fuck all..,. (in your case 10 seconds cause of the cenario your talking about with 2302 agi you wont have any pvp gear or weapon chain).... after those 5 seconds you now have 3 dots and a mind blast thats 100% sure to kill you... the priest dont even need to dispersion.. just shield and wait for you to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen

58% crit 6202 AP unbuffed