Comming Back to WoW after a few months got questions!

Hello everybody.
    As you can tell from my sig I am an experienced player. Before canceling my subscription I was a hardcore raider on the top guild of my server. I canceled due to eventually not having the time to make the raid times. Now that everything has cleared up in terms of free time I have decided to soon renew my subscription and start playing again except this time, not as a hardcore raider. Now I have a few questions as to how the game has changed since I left.

Are you now able to send heirloom items to your alliance toons? I am planning on leveling a draenei shamman over the holidays and getting him to 80 asap so I really wanted to know. I have at least 3 shammy heirlooms from my orc enh shammy and I d hate to see em go to waste

Has pvp balanced out a lot more? After visiting the WoW forums, I saw a lot less, (close to none in fact) QQ threads about PvP which brought my hopes up as I want to pvp too.

How are ele shammys pve and pvp wise? I am planing to make my draenei elemental because it seems like a really fun class and the shammy tiers look tight :P. Of course the question is being asked provided that you have a certain amount of skill and knowledge of the class. I have read the shammy stickies and I cant wait to try ele out.

Finally how is the new LFG system? Is it fair? Do you get paired up with a lot of noobs way too often? Although I was a very hardcore raider, I never acted elitist nor stroked my e-peen (lol). I was always willing to help players that needed help but at the same time I refused to carry anyone.

The post is really not as long as you think, just lots of short paragraphs. Please dont reply with TL;DR posts.
    Thanks for your replys!!
    (If my grammar sucked or if at any point I made a grammatical error it's cause I' m Greek. Sorry!, don't bash for grammar please! :P)

Re: Comming Back to WoW after a few months got questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Delever
    Hello everybody.
    As you can tell from my sig I am an experienced player. Before canceling my subscription I was a hardcore raider on the top guild of my server. I canceled due to eventually not having the time to make the raid times. Now that everything has cleared up in terms of free time I have decided to soon renew my subscription and start playing again except this time, not as a hardcore raider. Now I have a few questions as to how the game has changed since I left.

Are you now able to send heirloom items to your alliance toons? I am planning on leveling a draenei shamman over the holidays and getting him to 80 asap so I really wanted to know. I have at least 3 shammy heirlooms from my orc enh shammy and I d hate to see em go to waste
    Not yet

Has pvp balanced out a lot more? After visiting the WoW forums, I saw a lot less, (close to none in fact) QQ threads about PvP which brought my hopes up as I want to pvp too.
    Are still some flaws, yet more balanced than before
    How are ele shammys pve and pvp wise? I am planing to make my draenei elemental because it seems like a really fun class and the shammy tiers look tight :P. Of course the question is being asked provided that you have a certain amount of skill and knowledge of the class. I have read the shammy stickies and I cant wait to try ele out.
    In PvE they can provide good DPS and nice raid buffs (Just as before) don't know about PvP

Finally how is the new LFG system? Is it fair? Do you get paired up with a lot of noobs way too often? Although I was a very hardcore raider, I never acted elitist nor stroked my e-peen (lol). I was always willing to help players that needed help but at the same time I refused to carry anyone.
    You get paired with alot of people that could do low DPS, but don't be a douchebag to them and they wont be one to you too... Most often...

sounds tight! though dissapointed about the heirlooms

You are allowed to send Heirlooms across to your alliance/horde alts. They just need to be on the same server and you'll be able to send them across, however, you can't send gold or anything else to them.

Shammy dps is great (my main is a ele, and is clearing icc) pvp leaves a bit to be desired, but im not dual-specced for pve, overall the game is generally better then the last patch EXCEPT with the progression all screwed up, you have bads that all of the sudden are able to join raids they are not ready for skillwise, but ready gear wise.

15+ Year Old Account

1. Yes, you can send heirlooms from Alliance to Horde and Horde to Alliance. Only heirlooms though. No gold or anything else.

2. PvP is...better than it has been. Obviously there's still some QQ which you can never quite eradicate.

3. PvE, elemental shaman are desired due to some pretty smexy raid buffs. DPS is pretty heavy when played correctly. PvP is pretty much how it's always been for Shammies.

4. You'll see different opinions on the LFG system. A lot of the so-called "elitists" complain about a bunch of scrubs or whatever, but in every pug I've been in, we clear the instance without any problems. Sure, the DPS may not be the best, but as long as you complete it is what matters.

thank you sooo much for your replies I m pretty much decided on Draenei ele shammy now! Last thing I wanted to ask is.... people are obviously not going to believe me when I tell them my main has celestial deffender no matter what I do.... they wouldnt even believe me on my Horde alt when I d link them the damn achievment just to get in naxx 25.... With the new lfg system will I be kicked often out of groups if I am not geared? I mean.... I dont see any other way of getting gear. Thats how I got gear on my main and ended up being in a good guild eventually.

15+ Year Old Account

thank you sooo much for your replies I m pretty much decided on Draenei ele shammy now! Last thing I wanted to ask is.... people are obviously not going to believe me when I tell them my main has celestial deffender no matter what I do.... they wouldnt even believe me on my Horde alt when I d link them the damn achievment just to get in naxx 25.... With the new lfg system will I be kicked often out of groups if I am not geared? I mean.... I dont see any other way of getting gear. Thats how I got gear on my main and ended up being in a good guild eventually.
    You should be fine. People, in my experience, don't kick unless you're just awful. As in...afking in the middle of pulls, acting like an asshat, pulling aggro constantly or things along those lines. You should be okay.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I believe there is a grace period in the random heroics of 5 minutes, so that should be plenty of time to prove that you are worth more as a player than the gearscore digits in your tooltip do .
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullmaster
    I believe there is a grace period in the random heroics of 5 minutes, so that should be plenty of time to prove that you are worth more as a player than the gearscore digits in your tooltip do .
    Oh yes I will!!