Awesome Multi-tanking Spec

Im an OT for my guild, and for awhile I had to deal with all the multitanking due to the lack of the other OT being competent.. Recently we got a pally tank that's actually decent so I was only able to hold aggro on 1-2 adds whereas he would be holding 3-4+.

To counter this, I made this spec for tanking trash and lots of adds:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LVZGx...ibIzsGo:dMczMm

Any changes to the spec to help out-tank that pally even better than now would be appreciated

p.s. I pulled close to 7k while tanking ICC trash with this spec... was 5th on the meters till Lord Marrowgar lol
    Cleave alone was 35%+ of my damage

Re: Awesome Multi-tanking Spec

this has been previously discussed, but i cba to search.
    this is a very good AoE threat spec, i use it for heroics, this tends to keep your threat up much higher vs multiple targets aswell as increasing your dps compared to Deep wounds
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

would you recommend this for a lesser geared tank?

my biggest issue with aoe tanking at the moment are dps which are a tier or so ahead of me. my warrior is just an alt, though i've been treating her like my main lately.

here's my baby warrior:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...age&n=Kadiance

i worry about losing vigilance, however. on single target bosses and spamming everything i have sometimes isnt enough and i watch dps creep up dangerously close on omen.

i have seen this build before though, or something like it. i remember there being the deep wounds type build like i currently have, and then the cleave type build you have. i just haven't thought to actually give it a try yet since it would mean losing vigilance.

Quote Originally Posted by jchristianh
    would you recommend this for a lesser geared tank?

my biggest issue with aoe tanking at the moment are dps which are a tier or so ahead of me. my warrior is just an alt, though i've been treating her like my main lately.

here's my baby warrior:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...age&n=Kadiance

i worry about losing vigilance, however. on single target bosses and spamming everything i have sometimes isnt enough and i watch dps creep up dangerously close on omen.

i have seen this build before though, or something like it. i remember there being the deep wounds type build like i currently have, and then the cleave type build you have. i just haven't thought to actually give it a try yet since it would mean losing vigilance.

your gear is fine, you shouldnt have much trouble keeping aggro.
    before i used this i used the deep wounds build with glyph of cleave, it was more then enough for me to keep threat on most dps. i just prefer this one for the increased DPS to finish instances faster.
    start with TC, position them while keeping cleave toggled, and Shockwave when theyr in good position, keep spamming TC/cleave and shieldslam+revenge in between TCs when its on CD.
    Shieldblock when its off CD for extra threat from damaging shields and shield slam.

rotation vs single target tanking is a prio list
    Shield slam up? shield slam
    shield slam not up? revenge
    none of both up? devastate

keeping TC/Demo shout up aswell in between.

you shouldnt have any issues with single target dps.

And if you think your gear is the issue then you can easily upgrade half of it with random heroic farming in 2 days

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

most all of my gear is from farming heroics. have bought everything i can via triumph badges, and now am using the emblems to update my fury gear.

have the glyph of cleaving as well.

the rotation you listed is the exact one im using already as was suggested by others to me. it works well, but i find hunters, and dk's especially, who are in toc25 or higher gear have no problem pulling aggro off me.

i'll give this a try tonight then and see.

thanks!