Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Current BiS Resto Shaman

My opinion of the current BiS restoration shaman items avilable currently.This is a mostly mp5-less BiS list, there are a few items you could replace with mp5 items if you really are having mana issues.Trinkets are kind of up to debate since the Abacus is still a little unknown about how well it works with chain heal and personally I like Solace over the Frost Badge Trinket still. Let me know what you guys think. 8)

Head:Sanctified Frost Witch's Handguards
    Shoulders:Sanctified Frost Witch's Spaulders
    Chest:Sanctified Frost Witch's Tunic
    Hands:Sanctified Frost Witch's Handguards
    Legs:Lightning-Infused Leggings
    Back:Aethas' Insanity
    Wrist:Bloodsunder's Bracers
    Waist:Crushing Coldwraith Belt
    Feet:Earthsoul Boots
    Neck:Blood Queen's Crimson Choker
    Ring:Ashen Band of Endless Wisdom
    Ring:Ring of Rapid Ascent
    Weapon:Suffering's End OR Trauma
    Shield:Bulwark of Smouldering Steel
    Trinket:Althor's Abacus
    Trinket:Solace of the Defeated
    Totem:Totem of the Surging Sea

UPDATED: Added Rotface, Festergut, and Professor Putricide loot as it is available in 6 day.
    UPDATED: Added Blood Princes and Blood Queen Lana'thel loot as it is available next week.

Re: Current BiS Resto Shaman

Updated~shameless bump

Trauma > Sufferings end
    imo

mainly with chain healing its going to make you HoT like a bada$$

also the mail belt from saurfang...

Quote Originally Posted by Jahha
    also the mail belt from saurfang...
    I use the mail belt from Saurfang but statistically I think Marrowgar's is better, although the chances of us getting our hands on it are quite slim based on cloth competition and I think they should get the first crack at it obviously.

This is a terrible list.

First off the heroic shield from faction champs is BY FAR better.

Second it's better to use the off set gloves than off set pants.

3rd purified lunar dust is worth than both normal and heroic solace.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar
    This is a terrible list.

First off the heroic shield from faction champs is BY FAR better.

Second it's better to use the off set gloves than off set pants.
    I'm confused on how -3crit -3haste -6sp -5sta/int with the gain of just 1 socket (20haste or 17sp/10haste) is BY FAR better than marrowgar's shield. It's better by 17 haste or 11sp7haste.

Tier 10 gloves and legs are both pretty bad. You'd rather use the tier 10 legs and which gloves exactly? The crafted pants are pretty nasty until we see Lich king loot. They are even better than Anub's leather legs that a ton of resto shamans use (although slight)

Anyways updated for Crimson halls

Gloves from frost emblems - Blizzard Keeper's Mitts

Will be using those along with tier pants myself.

Been using the abacus for a week now, and it seems a bit iffy to me =/ It's a semi-inteligent heal, but it's only good if there's a lot of raid damage being constantly thrown about, most of it ends up as overhealing (if it even targets someone that needs a heal, had it proc on someone at full health more than once), though it has saved the odd person on marrowgar when they get spiked in the fire.

Also: in case people can't get Anub'arak-25 down with 50 attempts remaining regularly, the cloak from Valithria Dreamwalker Frostbinder's Shredded Cape will be a good alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy
    Gloves from frost emblems - Blizzard Keeper's Mitts
    http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=50980:50838;49900:50836

I don't see how the gloves are better. I believe when people say BiS gloves are the offset, they're taking heroic 25 man loot into account.

Was listing the gloves that the troll may have been thinking of.

I must've built my wish list when I was half asleep, thanks for pointing out the comparison (my main reason for using them was to save badges re: crafted pants i think from memory...).

Here are the BiS legs and gloves comparison assuming heroic content
    http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=49900:51248;51246:50703

Here are the ones assuming non-heroic content
    http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=51191:49900;51193:50983

Until your guild can down heroic modes, the tier gloves and crafted legs will be BiS for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy
    I must've built my wish list when I was half asleep, thanks for pointing out the comparison (my main reason for using them was to save badges re: crafted pants i think from memory...).
    Haha, I have a bunch of alts gathering Primordial Saronite for me, since those legs are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fen
    Haha, I have a bunch of alts gathering Primordial Saronite for me, since those legs are awesome.
    Ditto that, kinda sick of daily HC's >.< 13 dam saronite not including buying the patterns :'(

You just leave off Val'anyr? I'm getting pretty close to filling out your list already

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zulathar
    3rd purified lunar dust is worth than both normal and heroic solace.
    Uh...yeah sure...

If it actually procced.

That trinket is terrible. On paper it looks amazing, but in practice it's god aweful. The proc rate is almost non-existent, so all you're getting is a little more spellpower. So really, with that in mind, even normal Solace is better than Purified Lunar Dust, imo, unless you are that desperate for spellpower.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

For the people whining, that's a pretty solid list. Thanks for that.
    Signature size violated forum rules.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae
    Uh...yeah sure...

If it actually procced.

That trinket is terrible. On paper it looks amazing, but in practice it's god aweful. The proc rate is almost non-existent, so all you're getting is a little more spellpower. So really, with that in mind, even normal Solace is better than Purified Lunar Dust, imo, unless you are that desperate for spellpower.
    Part of me thinks the person you quoted meant to say "worse than both heroic and normal solace" not "worth"

It's pretty evident that the Lunar Dust isnt worth the badges until you're done with all tier gear and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stchizen
    You just leave off Val'anyr? I'm getting pretty close to filling out your list already
    I guess I was mainly focusing on tier 10 content and some heroic ToC drops. I guess I just assumed people will move past Val anyr eventually in this tier with the big spellpower increase from other weapons.

... there are a few items you could replace with mp5 items if you really are having mana issues.
    With a whopping total of 66 mp5 from gear, yeah, you're going to have mana problems in this set unless you happen to have multiple druids at your beck and call. Heroic Solace will only contribute 144 mp5 to your cause (if it's fully procced for the duration of a fight) and that isn't much at all. WS procs certainly won't make up the difference.

IMO, this is like buying a Ferrari that could only go 5 miles before you needed to fill the tank again. Sure, it's amazingly powerful and awe-inspiring for those 5 miles, but after that point, you're dead in the water.

nope, valanyr is still bis
    4000+ sp raid buffed 4150 or 4200 isn't gonna do much
    the only weapon that can reasonably compete is a heroic trauma, and its proc can still be wasted

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak
    I guess I was mainly focusing on tier 10 content and some heroic ToC drops. I guess I just assumed people will move past Val anyr eventually in this tier with the big spellpower increase from other weapons.
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49891 (Leggings of Woven Death) have more haste and less crit than Lightning infused leggings so arent they, you know, better?