Impossible to get a Spirit Beast?

I been looking for Skoll for months now, and so much annoyance has come out of looking for him. Along with every hunter in creation coming out to tame him.

But then there's some very devoted asshole of a Rogue camping Skoll just to piss people off (he has bragged that he has killed 3 Skolls). I really wish I could report him.

Anyone have any tips on getting him? Because this is insane.

Re: Impossible to get a Spirit Beast?

Let some kid fly around on your flying mount for cash while he must look for a cool cat.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Deleted

Camp at (one of ) Skoll's spawn point right before maintenance
    and log back in after maintenance is just over

Or does that not work anymore?

15+ Year Old Account

rare spawn timers reset on server maintenance. acts as if they were killed when realm comes back up

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    rare spawn timers reset on server maintenance. acts as if they were killed when realm comes back up
    this is what i thought for, but either i was wrong for 5 years or it changed recently, cause i have been seeing many rare spawns at server reboot

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    You can count on finding King Ping after a restart.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

It kind of depends on luck. It did for me, at least. I was the third on my server (Gnomeregan) to tame Gondria, and second on the server to tame Skoll. All I did was fly around the zones at random times while bored or doing dailies with a /target macro being clicked as I went. The only one I actually tried to wait for was Arcturis, but I had no luck since it was only one known spawn point and others were around. Just be patient and try not to get *too* obsessed with finding them.

On my server there's a hunter who actually pays people to camp the spawn points.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chrizesu
    On my server there's a hunter who actually pays people to camp the spawn points.
    ummm... and what exactly is accomplished by that?

----------------------------------------
    you are now consciously breathing

Quote Originally Posted by fapjackmasta
    ummm... and what exactly is accomplished by that?
    Mob spawns, they tag it and message hunter, hunter comes, person disengages, hunter tames and pays.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Mob spawns, they tag it and message hunter, hunter comes, person disengages, hunter tames and pays.
    oh... right...
    when he said camp i initially thought he meant that he just sits there and kills it when it spawns (which made no sense) but that actually makes alot more sense.

you are now consciously breathing

I've never actually seen Skoll, but I have NPCscan, and according to that I've been near him and just not noticed it, because it shows you the rares you've been near. Spent a LOT of time camping the Time Lost proto, so that's probably why.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

NPCscan will show Skoll pets as well. It just doesn't alert you at that moment because it realizes it's a pet, and not the actual mob.
    That's why when you're using NPCscan, and you're trying to find a certain mob, you should always clear your cache when a false alert is given.

Ideally, you should clear your cache everytime you log in as well, just in case you missed it.

i do frequent fly arounds, but more than that i do early morning fly arounds before i leave for work. ive used both the rare mob notification addons and the target macros.

im sitting with a skoll and krush in stable, frostbitten and bloody rare achievements, and time lost proto mount. ive killed all the spirit beasts in game, except for the new bear skin. i saw him but usually give it a little while before i try to kill him, give others first crack at taming.

either way, that method has worked for me, but it did require a (shameful?) investment of time. imo, spirit beasts are worthless other than "oooh ahhh" effect so i never really paid much attention to them.

good luck either way!
    A fool and his money are soon parted, but not nearly as fast as a nerd and his tears.

Quote Originally Posted by magik8ball
    We already got our troll raid. It's called the forums.

Really, it just takes a lot of determination and stubbornness, and a good deal of luck. (Usually. I know of some lucky bastards who find rare spawns like the TLPD just by being at the right place at the right time. >.< )

I was lucky enough to have five or six guildies helping me camp, all of us using NPC Scan, and it STILL took me 20 hours all told (not counting the few I slept) to find and tame Skoll. I missed him at least once during that time period. It took me about the same amount of time to find Loque'nahak, and back then I had the extreme good luck of flying over a then-unknown spawn point literally as he spawned.

So really, just keep your hopes up, keep camping, and keep your fingers crossed!

Lol I tamed Loque and Ghondria 20 mins apart from each other, or just about the length of time it took me to fly between tame points.
    I was server 1st tame of Arcturis, and I had to hunt Skoll down for 5 hours b4 I lucked out and tamed him.

Tenzi Winterhoof
    My Armory - Tenzi