Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: [ARENA]2v2 - Disc/Retri

Quote Originally Posted by Stirgan
    He was actually answering to guy that said we should dispel druid's hots.
    And druids have no 30% anti dispel talent.
    Please just stop posting, everything you are saying is compleatly wrong. http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=17120
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Quote Originally Posted by nukebomba
    Let me explain please. Me and my teammate are stucked around 1,8k rating. Our record is 1882.

Is my team even ok, because we have so low CC's,.. Repentance and fear,.. Fear is 8yards.. Thats sick..

Paladin/warrior: Paladin is just out of LOS, and he cannot be feared, I don't have even chance to get near pala when war charges me and puts reducing speed on me.

Mage/anything: Paladin is cake for mage, so Its actually 3:2 if it comes to this situation.
    Imagine Mage/Warlock.. Tons of CC's.

I need to heal, dispel, heal him, heal myself,.. Watch for polys, stay behind pillar...
    We always lose against Mage/Warlock or Shaman/Warlock Teams.. Too many CCs..

Thats not my only problem. Second stuff is, when people sees me, they instantly OMFG GO PRAIST, NUKE THE PAPER, HE HAS NO MOBILITY, HE IS CLOTHER, HE CANNOT HOT, HE NEEDS TO CAST, INTERUPT, SILENCE, SPAM NUKE...

First: Inner Fire is up 100% time(have addon that reminds me).
    Warrior,.. I can survive some time until I am OOM, or If he doesn't catch me on low, and pummels me.. Sometimes I even need to use all my CDs to outheal his dmg, wtf..
    DK,.. Easy to survive,... But wtf interupt + silence.. GG.
    Rogue, Easy to survive, if he is not pro.

But they are all the time on me, so I think we have a big issue here, because Ret Pala cannot peel the rogue of me, or warrior or DK, it is just not ment, and he cant peel, no abilites..
    Ret Pala is mostly attacking other target, and we try to nuke DPS, while CC the healer, but rly hard with 2 CCS, and 8y fear as I explained.

Do I suck or its just Ret Pala/Disc Priest is hard hell to play combo? Should my Pala play other tactics?

Please any help, any advices.
    If a warrior puts hamstring on you, your paladin should Freedom you. If he bladestorms your paladin should use Hand of Protection on you.

Download Spellalerter and Interruptbar

Add these spells to spellalerter

1) Kick
    2) Mind Freeze
    3) Pummel
    4) Shield bash
    5) Counterspell
    6) Wind shock

Interrupt bar will help you know the CD of these interrupts. Make sure you juke in either one of these ways

1) Fake cast ( easiest option, little bit bad though if they can chain Silences/Stuns on you)
    2) use a spell of a different school, eg mana burn or mind blast ( once again sort of bad if you may have to fear soon)

Priests and druids Should be reliatively free wins for you guys, dispel shield / dispel HoTs switch in a hammer etc. etc. or 2 shot the rogue partner.

if a class such as a rogue without his trinket up is training you hard, like literally tunneling you run behind a pillar and get your pally to repentence his healer, run around the corner and wings + hammer with your added dps, should be more then enough to do 20-25k damage in 5 seconds, if needed when hammer has around 2 seconds left ( if playing a priest, ignore this if other class) Fear ward yourself and go for a double fear in range of the rogue and his healer, should be GG there.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedPower
    As for disc/ret "working" If the best you can do in the best gear is under 2400 then it is not a viable comp. It is a struggle comp that can never get near the top.
    I really do think it is a viable comp, it is just harder than many other combos. Im not really good at arena, I make a ton of issues and since im dedicating time between both PvE and PvP my focus tends to vary between them. Me, with my more or less bad arena skills could problaly push it to 2300 with a bit of luck and some good games. Im sure that a better priest, and there are many, and a better ret pally would be able to do 2.4k. All in all 2.4k is a lot and I really think you sound stupid when saying that anything which cant above 2.4k isnt viable. Thats my opinion atleast.

Regards Sphinxz
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Well I know a bunch of other people also see it your way sphinxz. But I find arena to not be somthing like "ok 2200 I have all the best gear I'm done". I do not do arena for the gear, but to be towards the top. The gear is aquired just to help that goal. But each player can do w/e he wants and stop at any point in time. I just do not see the point of gathering all that gear and not being able to progress to higher brackets of play.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

You need to define top for me, are we speaking 2500+ or 2600+?
    I do agree with you that the higher you get in ratings the more of the games relies on your comp since the mistakes done by players diminish the higher you get. I would say the comp is viable but not the TOP TEAM, like for example priest mage can be.

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Yes, yes we are...the healing from lifebloom is nowhere near the amount 3 dots + boosted other heals. Also the druid has to waste mana and several gcd recasting them. Obviously if he only casts lifebloom and /dances then dont dispel.
    you should never spam dispel Lifebloom
    first off, it blooms when dispelled, so its a spike heal wich does heal for alot and can fuck up your burst.
    2nd, it returns mana to the druid when it blooms, and since dispelling makes it bloom the druid gains mana.
    3d, it has 30% resistance to dispel, can easily be missed, its burns your mana and not his.
    4th, dispelling lifeblooms is a spam task if you want to, you are better off healing your partner or assisting with burst

because Priests are a very very offensive healer, pop power infusion and spam holyfire/smite, put the other team on the defensive or burst em down fast in a matter of CC, aka Fear -> repentance -> HoJ -> Mind control.

you fear the healer, start burst, if he trinkets, pala repentance, afterwards if the target isnt dead yet with combined burst MC the healer and let your paladin finish it off
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Thanks for replies, I really enjoy reading new tactics, when people help.

I agree that it's very hard for priest when you need to heal burst + dispel at the same time(mages, warlocks,...).. And I agree we are very fast OOM, since if someone is training you all the time, you lose a lot of mana for healing yourself..

I am using pillars now really hard, when trained by warriors, rogues or DKs, its easier.

But I still think that me and my parther lacks of TIMED cc's, and we need to improve that if we want to hit 2000 raiting.

Everytime we see Mage in arena we are just "omg mage", like without any tactics to fight against mage, cause I really cant handle hiding from sheeps, dispelling freezes, and heal insane burst of mage at the same time. Its really hard.

I think I should go dispel ice barrier, dispel retri pala, mana burn mage, and stay as much as possible behind the pillar.. Retri pala cand to nothing against mage, mage can kite him forever.