Crit or Strenght

Hey, I have a very big issue with crit, should i go for some more crit to get about 40% unbuffed or just keep it like this.I know that is better for the 2p tier 9 but i dont know what to think...Any advices ?
    Armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&n=Croack

Re: Crit or Strenght

Not gonna pretend to know everything about ret.. but isnt it wise to go all strength + 10 stats and get the crit from gear, i think you should just replace the haste stuff for gear that has crit, or you could lose the hit to 7% since you may raid with a dranei by replacing the hit gear with crit/haste/insert random stat here. probably acheive 40% crit unbuffed if u go switch pieces here n there.

your crit would probably be fine in raid buffed environment.

15+ Year Old Account

my priority is still stacking strength. after that ill take a look to hit/expertise (if not capped) then crit.

but it depends on your own playstyle. there are ret paladins who wear leather gear and stack crit like crazy.

You're way over the hit-cap. I say swap out your chest for either Cuirass of Calamitous Fate or Turalyon's Battleplate of Triumph. That way you'll get more crit... and overall more DPS because all the hit on your current chest is just wasted.

Use str/crit gems where socket bonus is 4 str or more per yellow socket. Never match blue sockets, with the exception of nightmare's tear. Put your tear in a blue socket in an item that has str as socket bonus. Other than that gem pure str.

And as others has said to you. You are way over hit cap. Aim for 263 and get rid of that ring if you have a proper str dps ring ilvl 226 or higher, wouldn't be so bad if you weren't already hit-capped, but when you are that ring is just a complete loss of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Croack
    Hey, I have a very big issue with crit, should i go for some more crit to get about 40% unbuffed or just keep it like this.I know that is better for the 2p tier 9 but i dont know what to think...Any advices ?
    Armory profile: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...light&n=Croack
    There's no reason to stop going for crit (it's the best stat if you find it on gear) but there's also no reason to gem for it (unless you use Str/Crit gems and put them in +4 Str or higher slots)

But WTF is that Nightmare's Tear doing in your prismatic slot -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Westerguard
    And as others has said to you. You are way over hit cap. Aim for 263 and get rid of that ring if you have a proper str dps ring ilvl 226 or higher, wouldn't be so bad if you weren't already hit-capped, but when you are that ring is just a complete loss of dps.
    You must be one of those "OWMAIGAWD IT HAZ AGI ITTS MUS BE BAD". That ring is better than a 226 Str ring even if you do not need the hit on it !_! (the best 226 ring I could find is 50 dps worse and is an agility ring , with the best 226 Str ring at -75 Dps !_!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    You must be one of those "OWMAIGAWD IT HAZ AGI ITTS MUS BE BAD". That ring is better than a 226 Str ring even if you do not need the hit on it !_!
    Not at all. I've used polearms with agi/AP, and some leather pieces as well before where itemization was good. I wouldn't question him using that ring if he needed the hit on it, then it would probably be a good bet, I'm just saying when you get close to absolutely nothing out of hit past 263 (except exorcism and initial tics on consecration) it's just not worth it.

Personally I use Redcape's speadsheet to evaluate how new gear affects my dps, which I find an invaluable tool. I recommend it to anyone playing a retri paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Westerguard
    Not at all. I've used polearms with agi/AP, and some leather pieces as well before where itemization was good. I wouldn't question him using that ring if he needed the hit on it, then it would probably be a good bet, I'm just saying when you get close to absolutely nothing out of hit past 263 (except exorcism and initial tics on consecration) it's just not worth it.
    Still you advise him to use a Ring, that would be a huuuuuge downgrade in any case - as I said that ring can compete with most 245+ Rings even if you do not need the hit and is a lot better if you do.

Spreadsheet it

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Still you advise him to use a Ring, that would be a huuuuuge downgrad in any case - as I said that ring can compete with most 245+ Rings even if you do not need the hit and is a lot better if you do.
    Did a few calculations and it turns out you are right. I stand corrected. Seems like it would have to be Band of the Violent Temperment or anything better than that to actually top that ring.

actually i have the ring but i equiped achen verdict ring for some more crit, that's what rawr says ???

Quote Originally Posted by Croack
    actually i have the ring but i equiped achen verdict ring for some more crit, that's what rawr says ???
    Keep the Ashen Verdict ring and try to loose hit somewhere else. (your cloak and neck for example cause both of them are horrible)