Well, where do I start...? need help with tank gear

Hi everyone, I am actually playing as a Holy paladin. Double specing to Tank never came to my mind until yesterday. So I decided to change my retrib spec into Protction one, but the problem is that I have not a single tank piece. Where and how can i get those as soon as possible (starting with the shield and the one hander)? Thanks much !
    {broken sig link}

Re: Well, where do I start...?

Try getting the shield with emblems of conguest. The rest you can either buy them with emblems or from the rep factions. That will give you a starting point. Also HCs are your friends.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Faceplate/Headplate of the Honorbound from Emblems of Triumph, Shoulderplates/Shoulderguards of Enduring Order from Emblems of Triumph, T9 chest and gloves from Emblems of Triumph, Clutch of Fortification from Emblems of Triumph, trinket from Emblems of Triumph, a decent sword can be picked up from Pit of Saron heroic (the final boss), you can have a pair of 245 bracers made by a blacksmith, plenty of 219/232 drops from ToC heroic and the new ICC 5 mans that will fill out the other slots.

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.p...ladin-pre-raid

maybe some more recent gear list on tankspot or elitist jerks ...

basically you might also use rawr or maxdps and uncheck raid loot.

Best way is raiding with the other spec and collecting offspec tank gear thou
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Just an advice - when I turned holy from prot because I got srsly bored, just play as holy and get w/e you can and fill your tanking gear. THEN start tanking, doing so before having a full set could result in disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    Just an advice - when I turned holy from prot because I got srsly bored, just play as holy and get w/e you can and fill your tanking gear. THEN start tanking, doing so before having a full set could result in disappointment.
    /agree

I did the same on my pala, played as holy first collecting emblems/gear for my tank spec, and THEN started tanking .
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Re: Well, where do I start...? need help with tank gear

Best places to start are faction, badge, tournament and crafted epics. You can get pretty much a full set of tank gear inside a week doing random heroics even if the tank plate never drops. There's a ton of stuff available for starter tanks.

Grab the defense ring, 3pc t9, 245 head/shoulders from Triumph badges and fill in the rest from there. I'd recommend grinding normal ToC 5 for the trinket from Black Knight as your priority for nonbadge instance gear. Titanium shieldwall and the crafted defense ring are cheap entry gear for tanks. Also worth remembering is you only need 535 def rating for heroics and hit rating is, well, optional for the most part. If you aren't an engineer, grab the head enchant from the Argent Crusade and you shield/chest/cloak enchants where necessary to reach the necessary defense goals. Don't gem for defense except as an absolute last resort. Also worth remembering - spellpower is NOT a tanking stat.

Deleted

Re: Well, where do I start...? need help with tank gear

Blizzard have made it as hard as possible to start out tanking as they could. You cant get tank gear from quests, no one will take u anywere if ur gear isnt good enough.. = u cant gear, a nice cycle of no tanky tanky for you.

The only way u can gear to tank, is to be a dps ( lol ) , save badges and splash out on tank gear.