Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Battered Hilt....Anyone else think they need to UP the drop rate again?!

Okay, seriously.

People, it's an ilvl 251 weapon that you get by doing a 5-man instance. Now, I got my hilt day one and did the entire chain day two of 3.3. Do you want to know what you get besides a 251 weapon?

Like, 200 gold.

So you get 200 gold and an ilvl 251 weapon from something that has a 2-3% drop from 5-man heroic trash.

Not to mention the fact that when you get the chain, you then have to do the three instances. This also means you get the weapon, 200 gold from the quests, the extra little cash you will make from the three instances, possible enchanting mats, 8 triumph badges (if you do them all on heroic) AND any possible ilvl 232 upgrades you come across.

Guess what you got from the Benediction eye.

A pretty damn hard quest that you had to solo to get...Benediction. NO badges, no other epics, no vast amounts of wealth. Just s pretty staff.

Stop complaining, and stop begging Blizzard to hand you junk even more than they already do. Good lord, crybabies, learn how to actually earn something for a change. You'll feel more accomplished about it, I promise.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Before I start, I'll come right out and say I have a Quel'Delar and no, I did not get it the first day of the patch. After they upped the drop rate, I spent 4 days constantly trying to farm for it. However, I realized that was just becoming mind-numbing and futile. Instead, I took 2 days, ran randoms for badges to get gems to sell, farmed eternals and ore and, omg. . .I made 11k gold in those 2 days. Bought one right outta trade chat. Though some guys may throw em on the AH for 15k+, many more are willing to part w/ one for 10-12k right away rather than play the 24 hour AH game.

Should the drop rate go up? No, it is supposed to be a rare item. If you are a 2-hand dps'er (like so many ppl I see complaining about the thing) there a 2 (count em, 2!) awesome 2-hand weapons in ICC10, one of them off Marrowgar, who is free loot. He even drops one in ICC 25, which is BiS(thus far) for anyone who can't get Shadowmourne.

With that, my main is a holy pally and the only reason I went for it is because Anub 25 hates me. If he didn't I never would have bothered with it.

Quote Originally Posted by d3sign8t3dDruNk
    Ive been running these new 5-mans NON STOP on 2 different toons..which is just about every day since patch released..i think ive missed 2 days total...I seen it drop 1 time and that was the first day, on the FIRST 2 trash mobs in H FoS...Nothing since....But i get to disenchant that stupid epic dagger 2-3 times per day...somethings not right. Not everyone has 15k gold to buy one....
    While I know there are many replies in this thread I just wanted to add this. If you thinking running all 3 on two different toons is bad (6 instance tries) then you don't have it as bad as some :P.

I've ran FoS, PoS, and HoR at 8 times on different toons which is like 24 instance resets ever day since its been released. All I've seen is 1 Hilt drop out of all that time. So yea, your luck isn't as bad as some. :P

Ok, not going to read 10+ pages of this but just wanted to throw this in:

It's a 251 level weapon. From a 5-man instance that drops 232 gear.

Do you really think you should see it drop inside of a week if you run all 3 instances every day for a week? Seriously... This is (supposedly) the last content till 4.0, which is probably 9+ months away. If the drop rate on this were anything but extremely low it would be pretty depressing.

Sure, I'd love to have this for a few of my alts, but that doesn't mean that I expect to be able to grind it in a couple of weeks. If it were that easy to come by, given the amount of time left in this expansion then everyone who wanted it would have it months before the next release, which would detract pretty heavily from it's value.

Personally, I think it should've been left as a BoP item that, in the event RNG decided to have it 'drop,' is only visible to those players who have not already completed the quest (much in the way that BoP JC patterns are only visible to JC's who have yet to learn them). Blizzard shouldn't have made it a commodity... There are enough of those already.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

I think the drop rate is fine. What is not fine is having people who have got the hilt being able to roll on the hilts again.

There should be a way to not allow people who won it already roll NEED again, only GREED.

A guildy of mine has looted that thing four times. He did the quest, the other 3 he's been trying to sell. I have looted it once and I am not going on Need again.

This only encourages greed and gold sellers, honestly.

I WANT TO RAID, thats the problem! My gear is not good enough, you cant raid ICC with freaking iLev 219 weapons! Im farming up the gear and badges for gear, but it would be nice to get weapons to you know
    then get ToC groups they're everywhere

I WANT TO RAID, thats the problem! My gear is not good enough, you cant raid ICC with freaking iLev 219 weapons! Im farming up the gear and badges for gear, but it would be nice to get weapons to you know
    maybe if you didnt have 6 alts in thier 70's and focused on one toon you would be raid ready.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dotnumb
    maybe if you didnt have 6 alts in thier 70's and focused on one toon you would be raid ready.
    I have 3 alts in their 70s, an 80 DK, two alts over 60, and two more over 35. And my main is decked out.

This guy I am quoting is correct. If you focus and prioritize, you will have one character minimum ready for top end-game content. Actually, I already have one (Fenix) that can handle ICC25 and one (my DK) that can handle ICC10.

Didn't even really take much in terms of time to do. So, yeah. You don't "need" a hilt to be raid ready. What you "need" is to stop trying to play 6 characters at once, pick one, and focus on it.

Simple solution for a simple problem.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present