Page 1 of 2
LastLast

need help with arcane dps

Ok, i need help, my armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enden&n=Deynei
    i have good gear, i use the rotation 3 ab, then ab or am if proc, but somehow i dont get the massive dps that others are talking about not sure what is going on any advice would be appreciated, i am constantly working for better gear, also working on getting the trink form PoS.

My average AB is under 10k and the crit is around 12-13k this just does not seem right when my boomkin crits 17k easily and yet my mage is better geared.
    Thank you in advance
    Dey

Deleted

Re: need help with arcane dps

I'd start with going for 4 AB rotation, don't use arcane barrage at all in stationary fights.

I personally leave AB stack up till at least 4 and then wait for mbarr proc, obviously this depends on your gear of which yours is better than mine. Just really learn to manage your mana, the more you have the more you can AB in a row . Obviously if you're running low you can change to 2-3 ab and then abarr to dump stacks.

ok Standing at the dummies i just pulled 3787 dps using 4ab, then am when proc
    .../ugh

when raid buffed i have 29k mana, i do not have a mana issue

Spam a-blast until you proc a-missiles, a-barrage is only used if you've spammed a-blast like 5-6 times without the proc.

Get Rawr. It's very good to have.
    Btw, Talisman of Volatile Power sucks, replace it with ANYTHING!

And try replacing your off-hand, and your good.

That's all I've got to say, I hope it increases your dps.
    Zarthyr, arcane mage in Sylvanas. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&n=Zarthyr

1 - Way too much hit u need 7% as arcane

2 - Crit trinket next to useless; get the one from ToC 5 man

3 - Bad wand get the one from beasts on 10 man ToG/ToGC

4 - Haste is low aim for over 800

5 - Gemming is a bit off in ure boots... ure not going for a socket bonus so just use a SP gem. Dont gem 20haste gem 12sp/10 haste

6 - Offhand needs replacing

7 - Get Merlin's Robe

8 - Swap the Ony ring for the Triumph one

Yeah, that was probably it. Arcane Barrage is a weak ability that crits for about 6k. It's incredibly useful for when you need to do some instant cast damage, but it doesn't compare to the 20k "crits" of Arcane Missiles.

Remember, damage per second means literally, damage per second, 14,000 more damage divided by the 12.5 seconds required to build up to it, and that is your net DPS increase. Almost 1,400.

Though of course, on a noncrit that's only about 700.

You are doing something wrong. Unless its a lag/server issue.

My gear is comparable to yours I believe. Friedmators - Bleeding Hollow

First of all the best dps comes from Arcane Blast spam so, at least in my case, I fish for that proc even if it takes 6 or 7 blasts. I see you gemming and chanting for crit/spirit. get away from that. Haste is the number one dps coefficient with spell power coming up next. My average AB is way under 10k, but my crits raid buffed are greater than 20k

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

you should definatly go for an AB4 MBAM (meaning arcane blast till 4 stacks and missile barrage. then firing arcan missiles) arcane barrage should only be used if you have to move and would lose your AB stack anyways.
    If you can get your hands on two pieces t10 you should switch to a AB 0234 MBAM (meaning arcane missiles as soon as missile barrage procs witout canceling any casts)
    use presents of mind only on high stacked AB's (3 or 4 stacks)
    try to stack you cd's (icy veins, arcane power, trinket, potion)

Got to say 1 more thing. Learn to use your cd's wisely, it's VERY important.
    Zarthyr, arcane mage in Sylvanas. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sylvanas&n=Zarthyr

When I pop all my cd's I spam AB at least 20 times before falling back into a rotation. It varies on raid setup, but I will spam until I am down 60% of my mana, so evoke can take me all the way back up.

ok i have regemmed as much as i can i have the ring from triumph and regarding hit, i KNOW its way over capped but its all on the gear i have no chants or gems for hit...
    i went sp/spi as i thought spi proc'd crit but i also know haste is impt.
    i am logging back in and heading to the dummies yet again lol

ok, i see a nice improvement, got over 5k on the dummies i will continue working on the gear..
    and ty all for your input!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zaka
    Ok, i need help, my armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...enden&n=Deynei
    i have good gear, i use the rotation 3 ab, then ab or am if proc, but somehow i dont get the massive dps that others are talking about not sure what is going on any advice would be appreciated, i am constantly working for better gear, also working on getting the trink form PoS.

My average AB is under 10k and the crit is around 12-13k this just does not seem right when my boomkin crits 17k easily and yet my mage is better geared.
    Thank you in advance
    Dey
    I looked at your gear and spec, I'll just list a few ideas.

- Glyph of Arcane Missiles, replace your Glyph of Arcane Power with that.

- Your Spec is fine, but maybe shed a point in Magic Attunement and Arcane Barrage, for Incanter's Absorption.

- Gear, look for gear with Haste and Spirit if you can't get any with Haste / Crit or Haste / Hit, but try your best to not go for the Crit/Spirit or Crit/Hit, as those are not as good as haste.

- You are way over the Hit cap, replace your Hit items till you're down to 184 Hit Rating (this is based upon having all the raid hit buffs).

- Your Gems are wierd, but try to gem 23 SP and a 20 Haste, if you went 12 SP 10 Haste gems 2x, you'll get 1 more Spell Damage. And sometimes its better having a 23 SP gem over 12 Dmg 10 Spirit, depending on the socket Bonus.

- There's a +27 Spell Damage enchant that engineer's have for Cloak.

- Maybe make a Macro for your Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles with your Hyperspeed Accelerators, so theres no downtime on when to use it. Like, /Cast Arcane Blast
    /Use Hyperspeed Accelerators

Rotation: Always use 4 Arcane Blast then Arcane Missiles (Missile Barrage) if it procs, which it should nearly always considering it's a 40% chance per Arcane Blast. If you just use 3, you're just gimping yourself out of DPS.

- When the Boss is down to about 5% or 10%, use all your Evocation and Mana gem, try and get a full Bar of mana, and just SPAM Arcane Blast and nothing else, make sure you're out of mana at the END of the boss fight. Don't do this at any other time, maybe except when you begin a fight (to put your Evo and Mana gem on cooldown faster).

- Get better trinkets. Maybe ones with Spell Powers. But I have heard good things about Talisman of Resurgence. Not sure about the other one.

- I guess the only time you should be doing 3 Stacks of AB is when you're screwed out of mana if your Evo gets interrupted or something.

- I'm not sure about Alchemy, but you need some sort of "mixology" passive and the Flask of the Frost Wyrm used everytime to get the profession benefits. The flask should give you about 125 SP and + 46 SP.

- Evocate when you're at 5%-35% Mana, since it recovers 60%, you cannot afford a wasted tic of mana gain from this ability. When Evocating make sure you're at least 35% or less, so you get the full benefits, otherwise spam Arcane Blast, till you're that low.

Look closer I have NO hit gems rofl its all in the gear, and i have regemmed to remove all but 2 of the sp, spi
    and put sp/haste in there place.

I think the most important thing I've said was to Glyph Arcane Missile, if you already regemmed then it was because of the other post and that I spent too much time typing and I didn't want to edit.

- I never said anything about you gemming Hit, read closer.

While you're so over hit cap you'd be best off taking points out of arcane focus and putting them into SoTM or something

Yeah but, Acane Focus also has 3% Reduce mana, and it stacks up (when you charge your Arcane Blast). But if you truly have zero mana issues then 3 Points in Incanter's Absorption would be better than Student of the Mind.

Frost Warding 2/2 is better than 2/3 Ice Shards if your raid doesn't need the AOE and just want the Boss down as quickly as possible, assuming the Boss deals some sort of Frost or Fire damage so you can negate and regain mana.

DANG brain fart, was so focused on dps, never thought about spec'ing out of hit lol