15+ Year Old Account

Question regarding enhance and fire nova.

Hey folks,
    I've got a fairly well geared shaman, have played elemental and restoration for most of my raiding life, and have recently become interested in enhance, something about afking and putting out 5k dps via windfury appeals to me.
    That's beyond the point though :P With the change to Fire Nova Totem/ Fire Nova, I've gone out on a bit of a limb and specced and glyphed into Improved Fire Nova with my enhance offspec (Which I've since changed due to guild demands). From what I can recall, magma + 3 second fire nova absolutely raped AoE DPS, comming out on top or very close to classes with AoE that doesn't have a cool down (Mage and Warlocks). The one thing I noticed was that apart from raping the DPS charts it absolutely destroyed my already limited mana pool. I had specced into clearcasting and the ele mana reduction 5 pointers, not sure if I was doing anything wrong or if the spell is such a huge mana drain to everyone else.

Bit of feedback would be appreciated.
    Cheers.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Question regarding enhance and fire nova.

Thats what fire Nova is. A big AOE boost for a Big cost to mana. Drink up, rinse and repeat.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

10+ Year Old Account

The whole magic with enh lies in the constant white damage you need to sustain while aoeing. In ideal situations you can stick on the boss while laying down aoe, pop SR and continue to smack away while prioritizing your aoe. Shouldn't be TOO bad on your mana if you have 2/2 imp ss as well.

Pretty sure glyphing fire nova and speccing into clearcasting and the mana talent will be a less dps on anything other then trash.
    But yeah it costs alot of mana pop sham rage some haste/ap cooldowns and you're mana should shoot right back up
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Samanistic Rage will regen your mana with a couple of swings, if your struggling with the best spec and glyphs try

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ta...tly&gn=Farside

might have my ele gear on, dont pay attention to my minor glyphs, forgot to change one lol

I use the fire nova/magma totem on trashs in 5 mans but flametongue goes down for raid bosses without fail.

hope it helps

Well its all a matter of opinion. Cause you can actually make it work if you glyph and talent fire nova. You just need to be very aware of the many giving talents in the Enh. tree. Like ofc imp SS and sham. rage. Be careful with the ele talents, you still need the melee dps, focus on that, and keep fire nova as a secondary "dmg". Look at this spec, try using that, it works for me. as long as you pop sham. rage whenever its off CD.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#hVhhVbZhhxcoxdIhusRuVohfMmz

fire nova glyph is a fps loss because you have to limil other abilitys to use the CD. We dont have the extra GCDs to do a FN every other cast. the only place i might use it would be Hanub where AE>all your other things. spec it, dont glyph it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

Fire Nova costs just short of 19,000 mana to spam every 60 seconds when glyphed.

On top of being a horrible glyph for single target which clusters up an already clogged rotation, you'll be going oom so fast your head will spin. Not worth it.

I must be doing something REALLY wrong here.
    im specced for elemental in more or less full 245+ gear.

My Firenova hits for 3k and crits for 6k, wheres the massive aoe everyone is talking about ?
    The dmg imho is in noway relative to the insane mana cost of using it.

Maybe ive missed the point all togheter should it be for Enhancement only since they can pop Shamanistic rage and regen like mad ?

I glyphed and talented fire nova when it came out as an enhancement shaman.. Its a great boost when u pop shamanistic rage and just spam aoe. Especially if there is alittle pack

as i said in another thread, if you want to stroke your e-peen in aoe-packs, take nova glyph. if you want to top dps on bosses ( where it matters ), dont do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.