Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hate nub shaman's

I've experienced this more and more since the LFG tool and I'm sure it's due to the fact that now I am exposed to more 'new 80's and new players to the game. It just gets to me when shaman's don't know how to use their fucking totems properly. Especially since they can drop them all at once. It's like they have their set 4 totems and never change them.

Not saying all Shaman's do this. I have just had a bunch of them in a small amount of time, so it has raised my attention to how stupid some people are. Just a simple thing like clensing totem in certain heroics. Or knowing when to drop tremor and/or grounding to help reduce damage and help boss fights.

Is it too much to ask Shaman's to know that much about their class as to know when and which totems to drop?

Re: Hate nub shaman's

Dungeons take like 10 mins to complete these days and half of that time I spend looking at my 2nd monitor, playing Scrabble on Facebook or whatever. Mobs die simultaneously on AoE, bosses die in 15-30 seconds. The game is simple enough and I don't want to make it any more complicated by thinking about totems when I don't need to. Ok, I admit, there are few bosses where I usually drop TT.

But that's my point. Others play the game by PLAYING the game. Where you apparently enjoy being semi afk during fights. Yes, heroics are easy. I did H PoS yesterday with 3 people. Tank, me (pally heals) and hunter dps. Was still fairly easy, just took longer.

My point is not that we NEED the totems to beat it because it's so hard. My point is that why are you even in my group if you're not going to play properly. It's really not that hard to drop the right totems.

It's about making the run easier/smoother. I've had times when I'm not the healer, in AN for example. We've had a priest healer and when the mobs aoe poison everyone. He's got to spend a lot more mana to heal everyone when the shaman could easily just drop clensing totem. It's more a principle than a need.

It would be like me (pally healer) saying. I am only going to flash of light the tank. I don't want to have to make the game more complicated by thinking on which party member to heal or even if the tank needs a bigger heal. I'll just flash of light him.

Troll MOAR!
    If it's hcs are so easy, why do you bother on those darn totems. If you want proper group gather up some guildies and go. Srrsly do you fucking care if he drops SoE or Stoneskin totem ..
    No guts, no glory.

though i agree with OP, at the same time the totem mechanic is very awkward and confusing for new players. teaching them instead of yelling at them is a better solution.

secondly, i always drop tremor on bosses that fear, cleansing on the bosses that poison/whatever. i still get yelled at for "not dropping them" because they work like crap most of the time. cleansing was good before the nerf because it insta cleansed on the drop, but now its hit or miss. same with tremor, sometimes itll get you out of fear, sometimes it wont. they are crappy totems

but if people just plain arent dropping them, shame on them. i have tremor, cleansing, magma, grounding, and earthbind totem all keybound individually on top of my group totem cast.

Deleted

I drop poison/tremor on bosses and trash packs I know usually fear or use AoE poison, don't bother with grounding though.
    But on most trash pulls that don't have any of these abilities I just drop magma totem and AoE the crap out of them, they die so fast the other totems just drain my mana for nothing.

Yeah was in a group yesterday playing my warrior and this moronic shaman in the cheapest tier9 decided to always put out tremor totem during halls of lightning.
    Didn't help to tell him what totems he should put out either.

If you guys read my first post, I said I KNOW that not all shaman's do this. In fact, MOST of them don't. The reason for the thread is that LATELY because of the cross server LFG and the rewards of frost/triumph badges. Not JUST good skilled/geared players are doing Heroics. There are nubs too. I understand there are people who don't know what to do really, they might be bran new to the game at 80.

This is also not a thread for me saying "ALL shamans SHOULD drop right totems EVERY TIME". It is quit literally a qq thread. Hense the title. I hate nub shaman's.

It's the principle. People expect tanks to use any and all abilities needed to keep aggro and not die. Healers also are expected to use any and all abilities to keep everyone alive. Is it that much more of a stretch to expect a class such as a shaman (be it healer or not) to do their part in a group by dropping correct totems. It will make the run THAT much smoother.

Some healers don't have the mana pool to be constantly clensing. Some tanks don't have the health to survive a healer being feared for more than 3-4seconds. Not that hard to drop a totem. Yes, they don't work 100% perfectly, but the for effort of hitting a button or two to REDUCE those chances of failure, why not? These cross server shaman's don't know me or the tank I run with.

Quote Originally Posted by Remake
    I drop poison/tremor on bosses and trash packs I know usually fear or use AoE poison, don't bother with grounding though.
    But on most trash pulls that don't have any of these abilities I just drop magma totem and AoE the crap out of them, they die so fast the other totems just drain my mana for nothing.
    Same as for a pally healer when a mob aoe poisons. I have to clense 5 people, plus toss a flash on all 5 people (4 if I have beacon up). So it drains my mana for nothing. Where one clensing totem can clear up all the clenses and minimize the damage done to everyone.

I hate dk's also.
    Saw guy whining about paladins aura in heroic. You r nearly same.

You don't even have to drop a single totem to clear heroics, don't be an elitist douche wannabe. :-*

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    You don't even have to drop a single totem to clear heroics, don't be an elitist douche wannabe. :-*
    Wait, you told me in my thread to stop raging?

This is the third topic you just insult ppl.

IMA REFLECTING WHAT YOU'RE SAYING WITH MA MIRROR
    Conquered and claimed the epic Chex thread and turned into a lolkitty and failpicture thread making it produce more then 10 pages every minute.

Please post this shit in the Shaman Forums instead of General........

I agree that shamans should pay attention but tbh if a totem is the reason why you are winning or losing then you suck.

I think you should better change the title to Hate nub players.

Really ppl like you make me wanna insta headshot right away if I had the change. Of course it's catchy to blame the shaman for not dropping some totems or not popping up heroism during a hc instance.

btw our totems are way more useless thanks to QQ of other classes.
    (Were those Dk tears the reason our cleansing totems got nerfed to useless??)

But seriously .....

How many times you had a pally slacking casting buffs?
    How many times you had a player along who didnt got to 3k dps?
    How many times you had no heals because healer was alt-tabbing to pr0n?
    How many times you had rambo mages/locks pull more groups because they feel imba?
    How many times you have to shout out for gotw, sta buff or whatsoever?
    How many times you had players along who didn't see the obvious fires

and the list continues

Look my point is, you can blame the shammy for wtf nub, l2drop totems, in fact l2play. I have been pugging a lot on my shammy without troubs at all, as long you give some good advice to the "nub" player he/she might learn something. I don't care if I do 2 times more dmg then the mage/lock or whatever. I don't care if this person needs on all items (dungeon loot is crap anyway), just as long this person can learn from his/her mistakes. Just share the christmass spirit

Relax young padawan, it's just a game

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    '
    When the party is filled with totaly messed up players it really helps alot.. Not so hard to understand.

Deleted

Its HEROICS we are talking about here. hell, I sometimes dont even drop totems, just because it will maybe take 1 minute off the total run. mobs die nearly instantly anyway.
    I dont have problems keeping ppl up with my epicz and the DPS dont have problems killing a boss in less then a minute.

I do drop Tremor and Cleansing on fights where its needed.

15+ Year Old Account

Man, wtf?!

Who really gives a shit about trash pack mobs, unless they're fearing? Stuff dies so fast today anyways it's just overly exaggerated to obsess over which totems you're using on trash.
    To be honest I find trash to be going so fast there is no point in dropping 4 totems every 10th second or so, if even that.

Now if the group is total slack with dps and knowing how to play I might assist with my totems, luckily I've mostly had nice and fairly good people in my random dungeon HC pugs. None have been complaining of the lack of totems on trash.
    This is a lose argument btw, majority of players probably don't even pay any attention to the totems at all. 5-man dungeons with t9 ppl, geeh, so unnecessary. Raids is one thing, simple easymode trash is just not worth it.

My pow, there are other more important stuff to get annoyed about than some lousy totems.

Being as my main is a resto shaman, I typically try and give totem assignments/advice to shamans I pug with. I don't mind that they didn't drop cleansing or tremor when they weren't thinking of it or didn't know to, hell I've forgotten to drop them before. What irks me more is when you ask them or suggest a different totem and they just keep on going; resto/ele shaman dropping strength of earth with a dk in group, asking for a tremor in HoL between the 2nd and 3rd bosses and it never going down, etc.

Most of the time totems aren't absolutely necessary, you can do heroics without a shaman, but they can make life for everyone easier. (especially a clutch grounding in OK when your dps can't figure out how to interrupt the spell flingers and wind shear is on cd from interrupting the 2nd flinger someone facepulled)

I dont know what class you play, but if you´re not playing it to perfection yourself, dont expect someone else to do it. The fact is that everytime a shaman switches one totem for another windfury - grounding W/E, the group as a whole losses a buff for X amount of time, the shaman loses 2 gcd for it.

Usually its a lot easier for a Rogue/DK/the shaman just to interrupt it.

Because you have to realize that totems dont just fly up and down by themselfs is a small micro-management keeping them down, switching them while still keeping up a rotation.
    With that being said, if mobs fear etc, obviosuly tremor should be down, but if your a retardin not helping out with bop, freedom, cleanse etc your just as lousy, same goes for a dk thats not using defensive cooldowns, interrupts etc when needed, a rogue not doing so, in fact all classes.

To be honest, the fact is that you probably are the one who sucks for expecting someone else to do your dirtywork.

class doesn't matter for noobs. they can play with the same performance with any class