Thread: Saurfang buff?

Saurfang buff?

Heya,

Our guild has killed Saurfang 2 weeks in a row in ICC 25. First week took about 10 attempts spread over 2 days.

2nd Kill happened on 2nd attempt when we reminded some players to spread out.

Week 3: 9 attempts and no remotely close to killing him... We're getting the first mark at 77%...

There was a small change in the roster but nothing game breaking (tho one of them was the MT being a warrior instead of a druid and I know avoidance matters)

Any changes to the fight?

Re: Saurfang buff?

just try to switch tanks when they get debuff.
    "Paragon of the Light, lead our armies against the coming darkness."
    Эн / Калифпорния

Well, he only used to apply a debuff that healed him for 5 times the amount of health he leeched from the tank, they basically buffed it to 10 times the amount.

Not much more really

Sup Yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Energy
    just try to switch tanks when they get debuff.
    This was true since ICC release. I know they buffed that but I don't think this was an issue at all :S

The fight has not changed much; though the changes to your roster may be very slight, losing a boomkin/ele shaman for knockbacks can hurt on that fight, and inexperienced players may not be spreading out properly or killing the adds before going back to the boss. I'd watch the subbed in players closely. Also, a tank using any AoE threat abilities can sometimes get threat on the blood beasts, and AoE damage from paladins, warriors, etc DPSing can cause them to get aggro on them and build up the blood power very quickly so you need to make sure that your ranged are on top of their game getting those adds out of the melee, unless you have tanks holding them.

Other than that, make sure your tanks are switching as soon as they get the rune and it's game over for Saurfang.

there's been no other changes, so tell your people to stop tanking blood beasts ;D

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    there's been no other changes, so tell your people to stop tanking blood beasts ;D
    Thanx

There's only two things that could be wrong.

1. His blood power intake has increased. Tell people to stop being dumb and tanking blood beasts, or standing next to each other. Tank avoidance shouldn't affect this dramatically.

2. Your DPS has suffered. Although, that isn't likely.

Maybe you didn't have MS effect on the boss last time?