Thread: Pugging ICC 25

Pugging ICC 25

Just curious if anyone has pugged past Deathwhisper

So, 2 weeks and 2 ICC25 pugs so far, and both fail/die at Lady Deathwhisper. Both weeks, we one shot Marrowgar, so that was a good sign. Now I didn't think deathwhisper could be too hard after pugging 10man, I mean, kill adds, bring boss mana to 0, then bring hp to 0, interrupt frostbolts. Simple right?

Well not really. One of the problems I noticed in pugs is getting people to switch dps targets. Couldn't get the casters to switch to the physical immune guy or anything. People casting at the guy with spell reflection on 2-3 times in a row, really? I just :facepalm: after the 4th attempt telling them what they're doing wrong. I guess in 10man we just over gear the place and faceroll our way through.

I'm reading that this is really a dps intense fight. Just by brief inspecting some people, we had some pretty geared people, ToC25 + etc. Some Occasional ilvl 213 items, but that was ok, I think. I guess this week I can try to get better casters or something, but I'm thinking about just doing marrowgar, 2 badges and 3 items is better than nothing.

Also, just an aside, what is considered PUG to you. My raid was 11 guildies + friends ( 3 tanks, 2 healers, 3 melee, 2 caster, 1 hunter) And the other 14 were people from trade chat. Only asking because some people out there are like a guild, missing 5-6 people for whatever reason, and decide to get people from trade chat, and they consider themselves a PUG, instead of like...A guild run with extra people/potential recruits or whatever.

Re: Pugging ICC 25

I have not yet managed to kill Deathwhisper in a 25 man PuG either. It's a lot tougher than the 10 man version, not just because of gear.

According to the front page, Blizzard thinks a PuG is anything that doesn't have over 75% members from the same guild in it. I think that sounds about right too.

Re: Pugging ICC 25

Sounds like my experience. You aren't a bear on Ysera are you?

I think macros could make this encounter cake.

Just make a /target macro for all the Physical and Magic damage people and then faceroll it.