Thread: Heartpierce

Heartpierce

Picked this dagger up last week and have been playing with it (Using compared to ToC25/ToGC10 245 MHs) and was wondering if anyone else has had a real chance to experiment with it. Most seem to say it is small upgrade from the 245 MHs, but a sidegrade/downgrade from the 258.

I really like the way it works to be honest, Invigoration is up nearly 100% and it would seem according to recount that it lets me edge in quite a few more envenoms than the other rogues. I would think that with 4p T10 this dagger may become more potent in the envenom spam world. I do like at least they gave us something different to toy with.

What do you guys think of it?

Re: Heartpierce

This dagger has been modeled and it's bad.
    If I remember correctly, it was ~250 EP under similar ilvl daggers.
    I've sharded two of these since ICC was released.

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.

Where do you get your information?

Quoting Mavanas, who does the rogue dps simulation spreadsheet:

Also I have updated Heartpierce proc mechanics based on the recent findings. It is in fact the BiS dagger if our understanding of its proc mechanics is accurate. It is better than Rib Spreader by some 120 dps, and it is better than Blood Sipper Heroic by about 90 dps. Using Heartpierce can change your EP stats.
    source: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t51449-r...5/#post1502886

Deleted

Using Heartpierce as my mainhand dagger at the moment on my Rogue, and it's been pretty decent I would say.

Think it shines more on long tank and spanks like Saurfang though where the proc seems to be up quite a lot of the time.

A thing to take note of (which I believe still isn't fully modeled) is how Invigoration refreshes "choke" energy procs. If the proc is refreshed a split second before an energy proc is about to occur, it'll "choke" the proc and you'll see as much as 4 seconds between 2 procs. It's hard to account for this effect, but napkin math shows it reduces the potency of the proc by about 20% meaning you can cut the benefit relative to say Blood Sipper by an equal amount.
    I'll be updating the FAQ on the official rogue forum when I've got a satisfying model of the choke effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos
    Where do you get your information?

Quoting Mavanas, who does the rogue dps simulation spreadsheet:

source: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t51449-r...5/#post1502886

Later in the tread, Mavanas says "Indeed Twin Spike Heroic appears to be far superior to HP normal."

The heroic version of HP might be BiS, but the 258 twin valk daggers are better.

The heroic version of HP might be BiS, but the 258 twin valk daggers are better.
    It won't be. Daggers of similiar item level (Rib Spreader etc) will be ahaed of HP. Mavanes had every proc account the full energy for the duration but it refreshes itself so some energy of the procs is lost. It is behind dagger of the same item level.. sadly
    Operator! Give me the number for 911!