Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Halls of Reflection?

Ok, I have been in a total of only 6 Halls of Reflection pugs...

And only 1 of them completed the instance

WHY!? Do People Disband After The 1st 2 bosses!?...

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Halls of Reflection?

because on the very first two bosses incl. their waves you can roughly estimate the dps of the dps ... and whether it's enough for the escape or not.

99% it's not.

Normally when I go at least 2 people leave before we start... same thing with Occulus. I've had about 5 HOR as my random daily on either my resto druid or prot pala / prot warrior and on only 1 occasion has there been a wipe.

The excuse in occulus is "I want to play my character not use some stupid vehicle" despite the fact that apart from the final boss you do play your character except for flying to the next platform which takes all of 30 seconds.

The reason people leave HOR is because they are too cowardly to do something that's remotely challenging and slightly interesting and would instead to prefer to mindlessly collect their items for little or no effort (then probably come on MMO at some point in future and say content is too easy). You only need 2-3k ish dps to make the escape as long as people don't die and since the random dungeon only selects people of a decent gear level for HOR that's normally not an issue. As long as you have a half decent tank and healer it always goes ok.

I really don't understand people who leave without even trying. I'll admit i've left dungeons without completing them but I always at least wait and see how good the people i'm playing with are and how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio
    The reason people leave HOR is because they are too cowardly to do something that's remotely challenging and slightly interesting and would instead to prefer to mindlessly collect their items for little or no effort (then probably come on MMO at some point in future and say content is too easy).
    This is so 100% true. Particularly of oculus which is and always has been immensely easy from a gear point of view but just required basic coordination.

Too many people in wow have delusions of skill and insist that anything that challenges them is 'boring'.

The Escape is the easiest part...

Escape easy mode...

Just as you exit the room the Lich King and Vajaina were fighting in there is a flaming trashcan or something on the left on the edge of the cliff. Stand next to it. Kill adds. Resist the uncontrollable and completely illogical urge to run in front of the lich king. Wait for the lich king to get ahead of you and then follow him, killing adds at your own pace without ever having to fight on the run. Win.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Never had that problem.

Once you get past the first boss we always finished it, sometimes with 1 whipe on something. But in every pug its always do i kill first boss, if yes you are going to do it.

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

never had any issues in Hhor im 7/8 the one failed due to tank issues and one was very close to failing due to poor dps.

Occ on the other hand i just leave, all you SOB's saying its easy blah blah blah i dont really care how easy it is of course its easy its a heroic it just happens to annoy the hell out of me cant fucking stand the place i'd rather joust for an hour straight then log into OCC, and no its not because im bad at it, its because that place SUCKS a feeling shared by a large majority of people.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cpttrips
    never had any issues in Hhor im 7/8 the one failed due to tank issues and one was very close to failing due to poor dps.

Occ on the other hand i just leave, all you SOB's saying its easy blah blah blah i dont really care how easy it is of course its easy its a heroic it just happens to annoy the hell out of me cant fucking stand the place i'd rather joust for an hour straight then log into OCC, and no its not because im bad at it, its because that place SUCKS a feeling shared by a large majority of people.
    Sounds like someone gets confused by the Drakes 3 abilities. " WTF is Timestop!? " :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Phenomina
    Sounds like someone gets confused by the Drakes 3 abilities. " WTF is Timestop!? " :-\
    sounds like someone whose name starts with a P is a mental midget.

i did mention its easy right? i have no problems in OCC i have the ach on two diff toons i just dont like the place and thats my opinion which i am entitled to its one i just dont like being in and its as simple as that.

15+ Year Old Account

Sounds like people are gonna use another thread as an excuse to flame on each other.

Why is it so hard for people on the webs to stay polite? :'(

Anyway: Its hard, because people arent used to this kind of heroic anymore. Sad is it may be, Blizzard actually made a nice heroic, with the intentions of making it "Hard" because you are in enemy zone.

Its the same as always: They want you to see the boss, feel the epicness,
    They never expect you to survive though.
    Dawwwwwww

If you can do the first two bosses then the escape should be a cake

yea im a bit grouchy this morning maybe i should have another cup of coffee >

They leave group after all waves? Isn't that the hardest part of the dungeon? I never wiped on escape, it's very easy to do, while on waves....
    That is absolutely illogical
    Stop reading my sig, bro!

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    because on the very first two bosses incl. their waves you can roughly estimate the dps of the dps ... and whether it's enough for the escape or not.

99% it's not.
    thats prob the main reason for groups not attempting the escape, its def a dps race to a certain point, the bigger issue ive seen in groups is dps not attacking the same thing

Usually it only comes down to dps being able to resist the urge of starting to dps before tank gathers up adds. I tell ppl to nuke the priest down first since i dont even bother getting aggro on that panzy. Mages die after priests unless there is a mercenary as well, in that case i just faerie fire the mage and worry about him after the emrcenary. As long as your dps doesn't jump the gun, it's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5
    Anyway: Its hard, because people arent used to this kind of heroic anymore. Sad is it may be, Blizzard actually made a nice heroic, with the intentions of making it "Hard" because you are in enemy zone.

Its the same as always: They want you to see the boss, feel the epicness,
    They never expect you to survive though.
    I agree with this completely. Finally a heroic worthy of being called a heroic, and the first time I did this I actually felt my pulse racing by time I was done with the escape. Not because of the difficulty of the instance but because, let's face it, the Lich King has a rather menacing model and voice and it was almost nightmarish to be running down an enclosed tunnel away from him moving slowly toward you only because of Jaina's magic.

I applaud Blizzard for this enjoyable instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Myraje
    I agree with this completely. Finally a heroic worthy of being called a heroic, and the first time I did this I actually felt my pulse racing by time I was done with the escape. Not because of the difficulty of the instance but because, let's face it, the Lich King has a rather menacing model and voice and it was almost nightmarish to be running down an enclosed tunnel away from him moving slowly toward you only because of Jaina's magic.

I applaud Blizzard for this enjoyable instance.
    agree'd lots of fun

Quote Originally Posted by Uuker
    They leave group after all waves? Isn't that the hardest part of the dungeon? I never wiped on escape, it's very easy to do, while on waves....
    That is absolutely illogical
    same thing with me...i consider hol finished after 2° boss....
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Myraje
    only because of Jaina's magic.
    No, it's from his own ability 'Remorseless Winter'. You know, the thing around him that makes you go dead? Before he casts that he walks faster, not to mention it's in the tooltip.