Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which tier 10 piece are you going for first - Resto

Just wondering what tier piece everyone is shooting for first of if you're skipping out on tier 10 gear and going for cloak and whatnot??

I got my 100th frost badge today so i bought the chest, i figured since it was a minor upgrade over the Heroic togc 25 chest i had and didn't break my 4pc t9 it was the best "biggy" to get out of the way. I'm a weee bit concerned that the t10 set bonus may not be to awesome but i am having fun with some of the bonus "random" heals i get from [Althor's Abacus] so it may not be that bad at all.

I know on EJ and such people are highly concerned about proc rate of new bonus as well as how the proc behaves and many of the "pros" are more concerned with doing whatever they can to get their haste up so they can own the charts at 20khps again.

Personally, the only fight where haste was really awesome was twink valkyrs 25 man hardmode and with hardmodes still 2 months out in ICC is casting 60 rejuvs a minute really that important to possibly steal gear from your clothie guild mates?

Re: Which tier 10 piece are you going for first - Resto

i'm not going to get a single piece of T10 until we start getting tokens or i get so many emblems banked up that I can't justify sitting on them any more.

Either way, i'm not breaking my T9 4 piece set bonus until I have 4 T10 items. I'll probably get everything but the gloves but I haven't given it much thought to make a concrete decision.

100 badges only took 2 weeks and i'll use my alts to get mats if i want to craft anything (probably the leather boots). By the time the 2nd wing unlocks i'll have 2 piec t10 and maybe even a token to upgrade my chest so it isn't that slow at all.

I'll be holding on to tier 9 as well until i get set bonuses, but what else are you going to burn badges on?

The non-tier chest piece is a good place to start.

I'm also not going to bother getting t10 until I'm backed up on badges and have at least 2 tokens. The 2 piece is utter crap. It's so crappy that I frown at how stupid it is. And because of how up in the air I am about the 4 piece, I'd rather not touch the set until I'm certain it's good.

I will probably get the hands and legs (though I somewhat want to cheese that and get them from VoA once the new boss is available) because of the haste they provide. From there I'll probably get the head and probably the chest (I'll make the decision on the last pieces when I see what my stats are like at that point - specifically my haste stat).

I never won any tier gear in VOA so i'm not banking on that.

The itemization for t10 bonus is pretty strange but the base stats are worth it regardless unless you have cleared anub togc 25 man enough times to already have all ilvl 258 gear.

i'll happily be a Guinea pig to test out the new 4pc set bonus though and like i said, i'm not gimping our cloth wearers just yet to steal a lot of their gear itemized with haste. I see the haste change as a nerf and the probability of gearing for what, 840+ haste to spam heal rejuvs doesn't really seem enticing or worth it to me. (its been a once and done encounter that i can really pull out some of my old gear on and re-jem if i need to). Not to mention we're pretty much a global guild so the latency alone involved means i'd be wasting much of that haste anyway

leggs....cant wait to finaly wear a robe for dps

Vasti the retri pala!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

The base stats of t10 don't beat the t9 set bonus.

I'm not sure why you seem to believe that the only alternative to getting t10 is stealing cloth pieces. In my guild I would never be given a cloth piece over a cloth wearer for main spec, so unless no one needs it I get to wait or find an alternative piece for that slot.

There is, however, a haste piece for nearly ever slot in ICC. The only slot I could not find a haste piece for (except for the piece from emblems) is the chest.

Neck:
    Bone Sentinel's Amulet - Marrowgar (25)

Shoulder:
    Shoulders of Frost-Tipped Thorns - Bloodprinces (25)

Back:
    Greatcloak of the Turned Champion - Saurfang (25)

Hands:
    T10 Hands

Legs:
    T10 Legs

Waist:
    Professor's Bloodied Smock - Professor Putricide (25)

Feet:
    Boots of the Frozen Seed - Deathwhisper (10)

Finger1:
    Ashen Band of Wisdom - Ashen Verdict (Friendly)

Finger2:
    Memory of Malygos - Sindragosa (25)

Off hand:
    Sundial of Eternal Dusk - Sindragosa (25)

(I know there are other options for haste, but I listed these pieces because every one of them has a heroic-ilvl upgrade)

The cloth pieces are heavily stacked with haste, so if your goal is to get to new haste cap there is really no other choice, thats all i said.

Even your set listed is only ~632 haste at the loss of a set bonus no one knows the real benefit of yet

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    The cloth pieces are heavily stacked with haste, so if your goal is to get to new haste cap there is really no other choice, thats all i said.
    I disagree with this. As I've demonstrated, you don't need to take cloth pieces to get haste in nearly every slot.

I never claimed that the pieces I linked were enough to get you haste capped. I merely said that there is a haste piece for nearly every slot. If you need to be haste capped for progression fights you should be gemming partially for haste until you get there. If you don't need to be capped, so be it. You don't have to be capped for nearly all fights... even for many progression fights.

Even your set listed is only ~632 haste at the loss of a set bonus no one knows the real benefit of yet
    True, but I didn't link a weapon, and as I mentioned all of those pieces have a heroic upgraded version. You would be able to reach the haste cap with the full heroic set and no gems (or weapon, for that matter). I'm not claiming this is a viable option for most druids, but again I'm claiming that it is possible to be haste capped with leather gear (meaning you don't have to take cloth to do it).

Also, if you do need to be haste capped, it's advisable that you consider a spec build that includes Celestial Focus, which provides 3% haste and brings the haste cap down to 735.

735 + the perfect raid = 1 sec casts however i find myself not in the perfect raid the majority of the time.

theres also those crafted boots, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49894 which will be BIS for a long time.

735 + the perfect raid = 1 sec casts however i find myself not in the perfect raid the majority of the time.

If you don't find yourself in a raid with a shaman/ret or boomkin etc then you ain't in a progression 25 HM guild so being slightly off haste cap for regular content is perfectly alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronosaga

If you don't find yourself in a raid with a shaman/ret or boomkin etc then you ain't in a progression 25 HM guild so being slightly off haste cap for regular content is perfectly alright.
    Here is what you need:

•735 haste rating with 3/3 Celestial Focus, Wrath of Air Totem, and Moonkin Aura/Swift Retribution Aura
    •856 haste rating with 3/3 Celestial Focus and Wrath of Air Totem only
    •856 haste rating with Wrath of Air Totem and Moonkin Aura/Swift Retribution Aura, no points in Celestial Focus
    •936 haste rating with 3/3 Celestial Focus and Moonkin Aura/Swift Retribution Aura only
    •1063 haste rating with 3/3 Celestial Focus only, no outside buffs

And yes, i'm in a progression guild that runs regardless if specific classes or people make it on time

Mind you these new "Caps" are in perfect conditions - perfect pc, perfect latency, perfect keyboard, perfect mouse and perfect reaction time.

Is it really worth losing t10 2pc or 4pc bonus or gear stats to push for 1 second cast / haste caps? We do hardmodes and the only fight i thought would be hard turned out to be cakewalk post 3.3 nerf.

So to me, i look at the new haste caps as a nerf - not something you should gear for unless there are specific situations in which there are none yet that need it. We'll see how it pans out for ICC but with all things said and done there is a good chance i'll have my 4 pc t10 and some drop pieces all geared up by the time it really matters anyway.

I guess in hindsight it doesn't really matter how you gear up.. obviously i'll hold onto t9 and keep some pieces to swap around as needed. The chest was a freebee upgrade that didn't beak any bonus so that is what i chose.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronosaga
    theres also those crafted boots, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49894 which will be BIS for a long time.
    yup, already saving up for those.

4pc Tier10 is absolute garbage and I wont be wasting the frost emblems on it. I was interested in it initially when I first saw it, thinking it would be nice for a new rejuv to be cast on a raid member. Even with a low % it would essentially be a free heal every once and a while. Then I find that on the ptr it REMOVED the first revuj from your target and then sent it to a new person. Really?

I'm in a 10man guild and often end up healing the raid and tank. What happens when my rejuv jumps off of the main tank that is about to take heavy damage and goes to a ranged dps in absolutely no danger? Good bye bonus healing to nourish. Now I have to waste another GCD to put rejuv back on. On Saurfang I let my rejuv and hots keep up the mark with swiftmend if needed. What happens when we start trying HM and Saurfang gets healed 20% because the rejuv fell off the marked raid member and I couldn't get that swiftmend in time? This "bonus" could end up wiping the raid.

If anything, I might consider two piece and get the hands and legs, but that comes at the cost of replacing 4pc t9. I would get any and all off pieces, trinket, etc with my frost emblems first, then get the primordial saronite for crafted items, then gear up my feral offspec, then MAYBE consider going after the two haste Resto t10 items.

Quote Originally Posted by DremWow
    4pc Tier10 is absolute garbage and I wont be wasting the frost emblems on it. I was interested in it initially when I first saw it, thinking it would be nice for a new rejuv to be cast on a raid member. Even with a low % it would essentially be a free heal every once and a while. Then I find that on the ptr it REMOVED the first revuj from your target and then sent it to a new person. Really?
    I'm not sure i buy this.... how is there any order to rejuvs for it to remove one? I'm pretty sure if anything was removed it was a bug (especially with the pethora of changes that confused every combat log program out there..)

I'm still confused though, whats with all the hate for the bonus yet what is sooo good about all the rest of the gear? Doing 10 mans the 1 sec cast isn't a problem you can rejuv everyone in your raid with even a 500haste rating...

Personally i think the set bonus on t10 may be too good if it has a chance per tick

I'm just going by the latest known proc that the bonus was following (which was the last incarnation on the PTR). I would imagine that the rejuv tick that caused the proc to go off would be the rejuv that jumps. It would be nice if it jumped after the last tick so you would lose nothing, but I can forsee unlucky times that the first tick would be the one that procs. I really hope that this isn't the case.

Have been checking up on the official forums and there have been no blue posts to confirm if it was or wasn't a bug. The only way to know for sure is to wait a few more weeks until the first druid can manage to obtain 4 pieces and find out first hand. I tend to believe that if they have yet to address the issue, that it is more than likely working as intended. If it is a bug, it's a major problem and would've probably been addressed quickly.

No, haste isn't the end all be all stat, and yes for 10 mans it may be overkill, but I would rather take offpieces than take a set that could disrupt my healing. The fact that it would make my job more difficult than if I didn't have the set bonus is what bothers me (if it isn't bugged). I will, however, gladly take it all back if they do come back and say that it was a bugged proc and go for the bonus myself.

I bring this up because I hadn't been checking up on the forums lately and had no idea that it worked this way (bugged or not) and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that didn't realize it. Until it can be confirmed one way or another, I feel like 4pc t10 is a poor investment of emblems (if you already have 4pc t9).

Quote Originally Posted by DremWow

I bring this up because I hadn't been checking up on the forums lately and had no idea that it worked this way (bugged or not) and I'm sure that I'm not the only one that didn't realize it. Until it can be confirmed one way or another, I feel like 4pc t10 is a poor investment of emblems (if you already have 4pc t9).
    Well, by the time you run everything and clear ICC and do heroic modes (and daily random heroic), the badges won't be an issue..

It will be interesting to see how the 4pc pans out..

"(4) Set: Each time your Rejuvenation spell heals a target, it has a 2% chance to jump to a new target at full duration."

So in 10 man raids t10 doesn't really offer anything (perhaps free gcd's) and in 25 man raids if you roll with 2 druids its like free heals hopping all over the place but if you run with 1 druid it could be a bit risky if you rely on swiftmend - if indeed it "jumps" consuming the original rejuv rather than "jumping" as an additional rejuv.

Do you guys watch the ticks of your rejuvs anyway? In grid i only show the diminishing ticks for lifebloom and regrowth and have a marker for active rejuvs so if it falls off i'll rejuv it anyway and the 2% chance to jump (if consumed on original target) wouldn't make a noticeable difference if you ask me. In all actuality the 2% per tick with up to 10-15 active rejuvs could lead to a lot of extra heals especially if the jumped rejuv is considered a fresh heal and can tick the bonus itself.

If the rejuv is consumed on the first tick and then jumps to a new target, it will still be a increased amount of healing that the spell does (even if it requires a gcd to reapply it on somebody). It is atleast 1 free tick of the hot that you are not paying for, basically.

I think the real benefit of the set bonus will come with the combination of the rapid rejuv glyph. The procs will counteract the diminished up time per rejuv application.

When i rejuv someone its because they need it or will need it soon. I don't want it too, by chance, vanish and jump to a new guys that maybe doesn't need it.

If thats how the 4 set bonus will work then i will ditch it and just get the 2 pieces with haste(gloves, legs) and just collect the haste off set pieces.

If it does work out like that then the 4 set bonus will probably go down as one of the most disappointing in recent druid memories.