Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Which tier 10 piece are you going for first - Resto

Quote Originally Posted by Chronosaga
    When i rejuv someone its because they need it or will need it soon. I don't want it too, by chance, vanish and jump to a new guys that maybe doesn't need it.

If thats how the 4 set bonus will work then i will ditch it and just get the 2 pieces with haste(gloves, legs) and just collect the haste off set pieces.

If it does work out like that then the 4 set bonus will probably go down as one of the most disappointing in recent druid memories.
    The big question is, would you even notice it jump? I don't track the ticks of revuv just that it is active so in my opinion i wouldn't even notice a jump as it would be habit to refresh the rejuv as necessary in fights that warrant it. If it jumps in a rejuv heavy fight i'd refresh whomever needs the rejuv anyway and if it jumped to someone grid would show that as an active rejuv - in all honesty i wouldn't even know who it jumped from, would just heal as normal.

Already took http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50973 with frost emblems, next item will probably be http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50997 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50454 if the belt from putridus drop before.

I'm not going to buy T10 until we know precisely how the 4p bonus works, and even with the best scenario, i may keep 4T9.

I'm not sure why everyone loves T9 4pc. From my experiences the crit is almost always over heal and to get 4pc you have to drop a haste peice. If T10 goes live the way it is on PTR, I will be getting 2pc T10 Resto (Hands/Legs), the badge chest, and the Boomkin head peice. If I can't find a nice shoulder piece, I'll grab the boomkin shoulders also.

Quote Originally Posted by AnEpicName
    I'm not sure why everyone loves T9 4pc. From my experiences the crit is almost always over heal and to get 4pc you have to drop a haste peice. If T10 goes live the way it is on PTR, I will be getting 2pc T10 Resto (Hands/Legs), the badge chest, and the Boomkin head peice. If I can't find a nice shoulder piece, I'll grab the boomkin shoulders also.
    if you look at a combat log of almost any fight, our rejuves are almost always overheal. The whole point is to have the hot ticking for when the person does take damage. Because when they do, a single crit rejuv will take a large chunk out of that health defecit.

The last world of logs my guild posted shows 70% or greater overheal on every single one of my hots though the entire night, yet I'm still #1 in total effective healing done for every single fight. So thinking in terms of HoT overhealing isn't very applicable to resto druids.

if you look at a combat log of almost any fight, our rejuves are almost always overheal. The whole point is to have the hot ticking for when the person does take damage. Because when they do, a single crit rejuv will take a large chunk out of that health defecit.

The last world of logs my guild posted shows 70% or greater overheal on every single one of my hots though the entire night, yet I'm still #1 in total effective healing done for every single fight. So thinking in terms of HoT overhealing isn't very applicable to resto druids.
    It's moot if 70% of your hots are overheal. That means 70% of your crits will be overheal, meaning your effective bonus from the 4p is what, 4-7% (depending on crit) chance for 50% extra healing that they still might not need? You might as well just drop it entirely and get more SP from higher ilvl gear so that every rejuv that is an effective tick is increased.

If you want to claim tank healing as it being beneficial, SP/haste increases all your heals, which is far more than your crit chance can offer. People claiming rejuv blanketing = unnecessary, thus haste is unnecessary are wrong. Rejuv blanketing due to constant raid damage was equally beneficial for the 4p, since those crits *weren't* overhealing, and were affecting many people.

That logic is only valid if the amount of increase in stats you gain from ilvl gear outweighs the increased hps from having Rejuv crit. Dropping the 4 piece for 100 more SP would be dumb. Dropping it for 300+ more SP and 100+ more haste would probably be a viable option.

I don't think the point Cerelli was making is "Don't ever drop the 4p t9," but was rather "Overhealing doesn't matter, when healing is needed a crit heal is better than normal heal always." He never argued that the 4p t9 should not be dropped but insisted that the argument being given for dropping the 4p was a bad one.

Well, I haven't done the math on how big the increase in stats is. I know for certain you get more than 100 haste, as the gloves have 67 crit on the 232, but spellpower is unknown since you have to take spr->sp into account as well and I don't have the #'s known at all.

Also in question is whether you're coming from the 258, 245, or 232 tier piece. I'd imagine going from the 232 is a no brainer, especially if it's to the 264.

And even with a weak amount of increased SP, I would gladly take the 2p bonus and increased SP for consistency, which is the entire point of hots, that they're reliable. It's entirely possible to have 0 effectively healing crits, however unlikely.

As a matter of numbers go, the 2 piece is quite simply terrible. It does not scale with gear at all and its increase to WG's healing is negligible. The amount of healing done by WG decreases by ~34 per tick. My understanding of the 2 piece is that it reduces this decrease by 30%. In other words, instead of losing ~34 per tick, we will lose ~23.8 per tick. This means each tick (after the first, which doesn't benefit at all) will do 10.2 more healing!

If I'm mistaken about how the 2 piece works, please let me know. In any case, I have no desire at all to get the 2 piece except that it's pretty much unavoidable because of the hands and legs.

is my WG.

That's a difference of 44-45.

30% of that is ~14 reduction between ticks. That's 14 * 6 = 84 * 6 = 504/cast. Or in other words, it's +84 hp/s to WG, which already easily does over 6k hp/s.

Okay, I guess I thought that WG tick reduction was a % and not a static 44-45; just never paid attention to it. For some reason I thought it was like chain heal?

This kind of reminds me of some old warrior bonuses for how terrible they were.

I remain unconvinced by the t10 set bonuses still, their effectiveness doesn't really impress me at all. I'll stick with my 4pc t9.25 and spend my emblems on some crafted gear, trinkets and the likes. I'm sure that around the time we're beginning with the hardmodes I'll already have one or two pieces of t10.25 or at least full t10 sitting in my bank waiting to be upgraded. Still I'm wondering if the pure stat bonuses of t10.25 will outweigh the 4pc t9 set bonus, time for more theorycrafting yo :

/shrug

Until primordial saronites drop in price big time i don't think the crafted items are worth their current 40k price tag. Once other wings open up i hope the market fills up a bit more and prices drop big time.. i'd say 15k is the sweet spot for costs or assumed costs on those. (since that seems to be the going price for boe drops from ICC as well..)

with nearly a year between now and cataclysm release i'll happily get my 4+pc gear set. Who knows if the bonus is all that, but i'll find out

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    Until primordial saronites drop in price big time i don't think the crafted items are worth their current 40k price tag. Once other wings open up i hope the market fills up a bit more and prices drop big time.. i'd say 15k is the sweet spot for costs or assumed costs on those. (since that seems to be the going price for boe drops from ICC as well..)

with nearly a year between now and cataclysm release i'll happily get my 4+pc gear set. Who knows if the bonus is all that, but i'll find out
    40k wow on my server 8k for all the saronite and about 500-1k for the rest. overpriced much :P

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuviflye
    40k wow on my server 8k for all the saronite and about 500-1k for the rest. overpriced much :P
    saronite is already 1k ea on your server? geez, i'll transfer a toon over, stock up on saronite and transfer back and get rich

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blahism
    saronite is already 1k ea on your server? geez, i'll transfer a toon over, stock up on saronite and transfer back and get rich
    i lied its 2k each but for my pattern i only need 5 (crafted boots of resto awesomeness!) The resto of the mats cost me about 500-1k as i farmed a little of the eternal lifes!