Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: [Video Guide] The 3.3 PvE Demonology Warlock Guide

He said/wrote he uses Spellstone cause you benefit more from the haste than the crit.

This made demo look like a lot of fun. Big crits. Too bad it won't be top DPS :|

Can you plz tell me how to make the remaining charges for molten core show? I can't seem to figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmiget
    Can you plz tell me how to make the remaining charges for molten core show? I can't seem to figure it out
    It's always 3 charges, cant be that hard to get. Get Power Auras as he said and you know how many you got left. or Fortexorcist will tell you that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolicious
    It's always 3 charges, cant be that hard to get. Get Power Auras as he said and you know how many you got left. or Fortexorcist will tell you that too.
    I do have power Auras yet it doesn't tell me how many I have

Im using V 2.6.0 so unless there is a newer version...

I do have power Auras yet it doesn't tell me how many I have

Im using V 2.6.0 so unless there is a newer version...
    call me crazy, but I just count... you know, with my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx
    call me crazy, but I just count... you know, with my brain.
    I have been getting multiple molten core proc's in a row and the counts reset...just make's it easier on me

I have been getting multiple molten core proc's in a row and the counts reset...just make's it easier on me
    It dosent show how many charges you got left, but if you make it an aura/text etc when the text dissapears you know you dont have any left?

Only keep Corruption up during excecute phase. and thats ONLY for MC procs, if it didnt proce we just be spamming soul fire alone. and youre a demo lock you shod Never cast CoE. get the affliction or desto locks to it if you dont have other classe for it. youre rocking so much more spell power then the others that youre on CoD (remimber thers NO tallent that boosts CoD besides meta)..

never macro youre trinket or youre meta to youre main nuke... meta shod be poped so it aligns whith BL (you Shod know when bl/hero is comming up)

Quote Originally Posted by pieki
    Only keep Corruption up during excecute phase. and thats ONLY for MC procs, if it didnt proce we just be spamming soul fire alone. and youre a demo lock you shod Never cast CoE. get the affliction or desto locks to it if you dont have other classe for it. youre rocking so much more spell power then the others that youre on CoD (remimber thers NO tallent that boosts CoD besides meta)..

never macro youre trinket or youre meta to youre main nuke... meta shod be poped so it aligns whith BL (you Shod know when bl/hero is comming up)
    Immolate and CoD both have a higher DPCT than Soulfire. Therefore, you're bound to use them during execute phase, if they are to run their full duration. And as you want to keep Corr up for MC procs... you're going to keep them all up...
    Only CoA has a lower DPCT than Soulfire, so you should only use it if you're moving (during execute phases, above 35% stick with CoD).

And Meta should NOT always be aligned with BL. It depends deeply on the fight mechanics itself. If you had to remember only one rule about meta timing, it would be to time it with bloodlust BUT mastering Demonology to its fullest is all about mastering meta management.
    Should you wait for BL? Should you use it early in order to get another one during the fight? Should you save it for adds (Anub and Freya HM would like a word with you)? Depends on your guild's tactics and the fight itself.

That said I agree with you when it comes to not macroing Meta to your nukes.

15+ Year Old Account

IMO 2 Metas in one fight > 1 meta timed with Bloodlust

I morph all the damn time, and am thinking about macroing it to Immolate next time I'm in ICC25 to see if it increases dps due to greater uptime. I sometimes forget to push it.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    IMO 2 Metas in one fight > 1 meta timed with Bloodlust

I morph all the damn time, and am thinking about macroing it to Immolate next time I'm in ICC25 to see if it increases dps due to greater uptime. I sometimes forget to push it.
    One at the beginning of the fight and one with meta is even better
    It depends on the fight.

he is using black magic..not a good sign unless thats some other strange graphic on his wep that i have never seen
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

Quote Originally Posted by kidvicious
    he is using black magic..not a good sign unless thats some other strange graphic on his wep that i have never seen
    Black Magic is theoretically better for demo and and some destro builds than 63 SP. 63 sp is always better for afflic. Ofc, black magic is useless if it procs at a bad time.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-ma...c-or-63-spell/

Check the 3rd post.

Personally, I would rather have a consistent 63 sp.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum
    Black Magic is theoretically better for demo and and some destro builds than 63 SP. 63 sp is always better for afflic. Ofc, black magic is useless if it procs at a bad time.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-ma...c-or-63-spell/

Check the 3rd post.

Personally, I would rather have a consistent 63 sp.
    This. You'll notice that for any spec worth having they work out the same, but you can "lose" a black magic proc due to fight mechanics, whereas you never lose 63 sp.

R.I.P. YARG

I noticed in your video you said that you use the Quick Decay glyph because you have lots of haste. I was wondering, how much haste is ideal for Demo locks? I am currently using Meta glyph but would like to know if and when I should switch to Quick Decay, I currently have 520 haste.

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    I noticed in your video you said that you use the Quick Decay glyph because you have lots of haste. I was wondering, how much haste is ideal for Demo locks? I am currently using Meta glyph but would like to know if and when I should switch to Quick Decay, I currently have 520 haste.
    Is that your haste with spellstone? Because with my spellstone I'm currently sitting at 830 haste. Also, consider this: you want MC to proc. Faster corruptions = more MC procs. With 830 haste my corruptions have roughly 12 second duration. Not only am I doing more damage through a faster corruption, but I'm also getting a similar buff as meta (18% incin/soulfire damage) more frequently. I hope this made sense.

I'm running the same spec as optec, and I was wondering if I should respend some talent points into http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=54349 at the cost of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47193. Which one would yield a higher overall dps boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Baaadum
    Is that your haste with spellstone? Because with my spellstone I'm currently sitting at 830 haste. Also, consider this: you want MC to proc. Faster corruptions = more MC procs. With 830 haste my corruptions have roughly 12 second duration. Not only am I doing more damage through a faster corruption, but I'm also getting a similar buff as meta (18% incin/soulfire damage) more frequently. I hope this made sense.

I'm running the same spec as optec, and I was wondering if I should respend some talent points into http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=54349 at the cost of http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=47193. Which one would yield a higher overall dps boost?
    No, that is my passive haste, just from gear. I do want to mention that at the moment, I just started playing my lock again. I got him to 80 a week or so before 3.3, then 3.3 hit and I've been play 4 other toons instead. I saw Optec's video and thought "hey, I want to give that a try" and just started getting back into playing lock. My gear is very low atm. I still have a couple blues, still using an heirloom trinket and shit like that. Just wondering... as I gear up, where is 520 haste in the scale of where it should be for quick decay glyph? If around 800 is where I want to be, like where you are, then right now Meta glyph might be more appropriate.

Like mentioned before, I play another 4 toons quite often. I don't consider anyone as my 'main', it'll just be what I'm into for that week or month. I switch too much for one to be called a main. The problem is, I haven't had much raiding experience with warlock and I'm still trying to figure out what is good/bad for locks. I am liking the demo spec atm, even in heroics. Getting some nice 18-19k crits on bosses occassionally.

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    No, that is my passive haste, just from gear. I do want to mention that at the moment, I just started playing my lock again. I got him to 80 a week or so before 3.3, then 3.3 hit and I've been play 4 other toons instead. I saw Optec's video and thought "hey, I want to give that a try" and just started getting back into playing lock. My gear is very low atm. I still have a couple blues, still using an heirloom trinket and shit like that. Just wondering... as I gear up, where is 520 haste in the scale of where it should be for quick decay glyph? If around 800 is where I want to be, like where you are, then right now Meta glyph might be more appropriate.

Like mentioned before, I play another 4 toons quite often. I don't consider anyone as my 'main', it'll just be what I'm into for that week or month. I switch too much for one to be called a main. The problem is, I haven't had much raiding experience with warlock and I'm still trying to figure out what is good/bad for locks. I am liking the demo spec atm, even in heroics. Getting some nice 18-19k crits on bosses occassionally.
    I'm not really a theorycrafter, so I don't have any raw numbers from simcraft that I can show you about what amount of haste you should have before Quick Decay becomes superior than metamorphosis. I'll use what I have on my toon... and please take it with a grain of salt.

6 extra seconds of Meta is 3 shadowbolts at 2.09 seconds casting time (for me). I'm sitting at 3500 sp self buffed and at 24% haste rating. Casting shadowbolts, I'm averaging 4-6k normal hits, 8-11k crits. With meta up, at the same SP, I range from 7-9k normal hits, 9-14k crits.

Now, out of meta form, my corruption is ticking for 1k. When glyphed and talented for meta, there's 90 second down time. I'm at 24% haste. 24% of 18 is 4.32. 18-4.32=13.68; 13.68/6= 2.28 second ticks. You cannot gain any benefits from meta for 90 seconds (CD), but my corruption is still ticking every 2.28 seconds. 90/2.28 is 39 ticks of corruption. 39x1000=39,000 damage. Assuming I got max crits from my shadowbolts while in Meta, I gained 3k more damage than my regular shadowbolts. 3000x3=9000 damage.

So, in conclusion, during meta's CD, corruption pulls a head by a large margin. My computing may be wrong, though. And you need to take into consideration Decimation, MC procs, trinkets, how much movement a fight requires, and so on. But even then, I still feel quick decay will pull ahead.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Absolutely awesome videos for everyone who's not used to Demonolgy. Great editting and very clear and easy to understand voice-over.

Looking forward to more videos if you decide to make more How-to's for WoW.