Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Mysterious Egg: The Mystical Green Proto-Drake

Got it on my 27th egg. Farmed religiously for the first few months and stopped playing for a few months as well. Got it on my 4th egg back. The wait sucks but when it finally does pop out of the egg it's well worth it. I sadly missed seeing it looted I had become so accustomed to it not being in there that I was at the NPC clicked it open purchased my next egg and went about what I was doing. Didn't notice that I had got it till about 2 hours later lol. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Raenas
    Sadly I have more Polar Bears from the blue ladies than I know what to do with (warrior has an extra set of reins in the bank while my shaman has two extra sets of reins). My shaman got the Time-Lost drake three or four months ago followed by Rusted about a month and a half ago.

That's about where my luck with mounts ends.

Across two characters, I've done ~150 Strat runs, 32 sethekk runs, more 10/25m OS+3 than I care to remember, same thing for ZG mount bosses, and ~30 eggs. All without seeing/winning any of those mounts. >_>

Oh and not to mention farming Headless Horseman with guildies and their alts and my alts for a good 50 or so kills a day for the duration of the event to not see the mount drop once. Also watching the kodo and ram drop time after time after time during brewfest and not getting a single damn one (probably watched that damn kodo drop at least 15 times during the event).

At the moment, I use a macro that randomly chooses either the time-lost drake or the rusted drake. My warrior just uses her CE hippogryph as she has no proto yet.
    Still one of my favorite mounts on my main. I go back and forth between it and my green proto.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I'd personally use my Sunreaver Dragonhawk or the Engineering Roflcopter if i could have the 310% speed from my Rusted Proto.

It took me about 10 weeks to get my proto, back when they were only just becoming common.
    I might actually go ahead and work on getting exalted with the other Sholazar faction now for the brew that makes you a wolvar. And because i'm an achievement point wh*re =P

Speaking of which (and offtopic), i did find this amusing (this happened a few days ago);
    one of those are bugged, u can read it's explained in "that guy that cleared the game" posts, it was on the front page
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    I am the only one that is not bothered about proto-drakes?

They are SO ugly.

Red, Green, Rusted, who cares? I have a couple but do not ride them.

The only reasons some of the proto-drakes are nice are (1) for prestige (but so many people have rusted drakes now, who cares?) and (2) because some of them, have an increased flight speed.

The normal drakes are far nicer. Red, Bronze, Black and especially Twilight. Hippogryphs are really nice as well but proto-drakes - ugh!
    I dislike how their wings are very limp with they flap, but thats the same on most flying mounts with wings

I got it the second week.
    and the week after i got another one ^^

yea i'd say about 7 months to a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Raenas
    Sadly I have more Polar Bears

At the moment, I use a macro that randomly chooses either the time-lost drake or the rusted drake. My warrior just uses her CE hippogryph as she has no proto yet.
    Oh, that's the one I've forgot, I've that one also...... :/ By the way, 3rd day doing that dailys (didn't even KNOW that there's a mount dropping ^.^).

I've been using a macro for ground and air mounts for almost two years now (I've had 51 mounts, but many of them ofc were ex-Lv40 mounts). Castrandom sadly doesn't work anymore since 3.2 or so, that's why I stopped using them. It constantly chose one mount and didn't change the cast if I didn't mount up.
    nachtticket.blogspot.com
    music blog, mainly (black) metal
    last.fm/user/veash

I farm pets, I don't care about mounts.

Bought eggs till I got all the pets, then quit.

Besides, I have an Onyx Netherdrake which looks better than regular and proto drakes.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by agelos
    been farming this green son of a b*tch for 4 months.... then gave up on it. instead now i farm glory of the hero for a red son of a b*tch
    I pugged ALL the achievements for glory of the hero in two days , Only 70 random heroics .

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage
    I am the only one that is not bothered about proto-drakes?

They are SO ugly.

Red, Green, Rusted, who cares? I have a couple but do not ride them.

The only reasons some of the proto-drakes are nice are (1) for prestige (but so many people have rusted drakes now, who cares?) and (2) because some of them, have an increased flight speed.

The normal drakes are far nicer. Red, Bronze, Black and especially Twilight. Hippogryphs are really nice as well but proto-drakes - ugh!
    Protodrakes are bad-ass. Regular drakes are absolutely hideous. Not sure what you're smoking, but I'll stick with what I am.

My husband got the reins on his first get (the lucky bastard). THEN got them AGAIN a month later. I was so upset... most of my eggs turn out to be Aged Yolks.

Outside of a couple month break I took from WoW, I've bought one every week I've had available to me, so I'm looking at around 9 months worth of Yolks & other worthless crap from the eggs.

meh beat this done the dam daily for the dam polor bear abount a month after hitting 80 and still no mount

got it in my first.......first was shocked...then quikly looted it, because somehow I thought it might dissappear if I waited to long, then admired it in my bag....then learned it and rushed off to use it!

EPIC!!!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Quote Originally Posted by Valilor

Yeah I'm semi going for that too - I've got 3 more to do, 2 in Oculus (which shouldn't be too hard) but I also have that annoying Less-Rabi one to do >< Failed that about 5 times already, it's hard to stop and wipe it without killing the boss these days with all the DoTs and whatnot. I'm half tempted to try a full nuke tactic (not ask a Shammy to respec) and see if it's possible to kill him before a 3rd transformation...

With a little over 5k dps from each person 1 is doable. I've been in group for a few of those.

I switched to oracles about 2 months into the expansion(wanted the frenzyheart brew first). Had bought an egg every week since, however, last week I finally cracked the proto out of an egg. Guess it was an early christmas gift.

I wont use it because I have an Ironbound Proto 310%
    but i still buy an egg every week and get a yolk

Quote Originally Posted by Valilor
    Well it's coming up to almost a full year now of buying mysterious eggs (I have bought an egg 48 weeks in a row now without fail) and I've still not got the reins of the Green Proto-Drake. That's quite a long time!

How long has anyone else gone? I started not long after I dinged 80 and WotLK launched so I guess there can't be many people waiting that much longer than me at the moment? I've seen 2 guildies get the Drake on their 1st or 2nd egg and then fly it in my face...the pain!
    couple of 80's, 3 of them got it within first 3 weeks. one toon thought ive been trying for 30+ weeks with no luck.....

I know how you feel man, been trying to get the drake since launch as soon as I could, but all i got was pets and no mounts.

10+ Year Old Account

I got one green proto-drake... once... on the ptr.
    I was pretty mad then.