[ele] Kitimng bloodbeast

Hello,

As one of the elemental shamans in my raid I'm supposed to solo one of the bloodbeast. Partly because of this fight I removed my glyph of thunderstorm.

When my thuderstrom is up I can pretty much take care of 1 beast myself. The problem is the cd of it is the same as the respawn gtimer of the blood beasts, so eventually I run out of time.

The rotation I use on them is
    - frost shock(kept up)
    - prio lava>cl>lb
    - earth totem when it gets close
    - thunderstorm (if available) when the roots fade or get resisted

Does anyone has any thoughts on this matter?

(i`m being a bit short whilst typing on a pda). Thanks in advace.

Überex - Neptulon

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: [ele] Kitimng bloodbeast

I guess I look at it as a matter of raid comp.

Are you having a pally healer stand at the back with RF up to pull initial threat?

We have 3 hunters, the pally healer, 2 boomkins, and myself. one of the boomkins switches from resto for this fight and one of our ele shamans goes resto.

This gives us three knockbacks with mine being the last resort.

Traps in the middle, I CL the back beasts to grab threat from melee. Pally healer grabs the rest. From there, the ranged as a group basically focus fires down the adds. We have enough knockbacks and slows to do this though.

10+ Year Old Account

What the hell? youre NOT supose to solo those things! its impossible! the whole raid must be nuking those or else youre screwd... wtf !!!!!!!!!!
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

What works for me is running about 5-10 seconds (depending on blood nova CD) before the beasts spawn, dropping an EB totem and running back to my spot. CL as soon as they spawn to get initial aggro from healers. Have the boomkin typhoon right off the start to knock them back and as soon as one is in range, Frost shock to slow him down, then unleash hell. I've found I only need to use Thunderstorm as a last resort. Usually my beast is dead before he gets close enough to do anything. (this is on 10 man. I'm not sure how things would vary in a 25 man setup, sorry)

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

is this 10 or 25 man btw?

also, all ranged on adds aswell (cept spriest / affli locks, as they have to build up)

we have a holy pally with some aura or something on, that gives +80% threat, we use 2 frost traps in the middle, the target switching is as easy as it can be.

if u have no hunters, u can use your earthgrab totem i reckon.

also, letting the first guy with the mark die makes it alot easier (if 25)
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni
    is this 10 or 25 man btw?

also, all ranged on adds aswell (cept spriest / affli locks, as they have to build up)

we have a holy pally with some aura or something on, that gives +80% threat, we use 2 frost traps in the middle, the target switching is as easy as it can be.

if u have no hunters, u can use your earthgrab totem i reckon.

also, letting the first guy with the mark die makes it alot easier (if 25)
    Be careful of this if you are speced in to Earth, Wind, and Fire as EB can root the adds in melee, which is a big no no.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

well, for 25man, we have 2-3 hunters, no problem there, and the shaman knows what he's doing.

dno, smashed our head against it a day earlier, for 1.5 hours i guess, next die we retry, a one shot

10 man is rather easy i guess

if you're going for the less than 3 marks, just let the one with the mark die, and maybe the second even, we let the first one die, and so, got the achievements

didn't do that though on 10
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

I really hope this letting first die isn't a viable hm strat. I get first or none and I don't feel like sitting on my hands for 5 minutes.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    I really hope this letting first die isn't a viable hm strat. I get first or none and I don't feel like sitting on my hands for 5 minutes.
    It is a strat that I have seen more than a few guilds say they are using so it would appear to indeed be viable. I'm not a fan of just letting someone die, but if the boss ends up dead . . . . . meh.

personally i think its kind of funny letting the first sometimes the second person die...and hell it works though i wouldnt be suprised if this gets changed by blizz

The question was meant for 25 men indeed.

It could very well be, we have a bit of a wierd tactic for it. We have no trouble reaching anub in togc25, but wiped for something like 10 times or more on this boss.

We're doing a thingy where one person is responsible for one beast, to keep only 5 dps occupied with it.Problem is that, if you need to start kiting the whole raid is losing a lot of dps.

Thank you for your reactions, time to have a second look at tankspot.

edit: btw we managed to kill him the last 2 weeks with this tactic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Uberex
    The question was meant for 25 men indeed.

It could very well be, we have a bit of a wierd tactic for it. We have no trouble reaching anub in togc25, but wiped for something like 10 times or more on this boss.

We're doing a thingy where one person is responsible for one beast, to keep only 5 dps occupied with it.Problem is that, if you need to start kiting the whole raid is losing a lot of dps.

Thank you for your reactions, time to have a second look at tankspot.

edit: btw we managed to kill him the last 2 weeks with this tactic.
    someone that's running loses alot of dps, dps can just switch in no time, the faster the beasts are down, the more dps u'll get.
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Seeing as he gets healed for 20% in HC (only 5% normal, so those 20% in HC will be huuuuge) I'd assume that it won't be viable to let the first person die, because then you'd have to do all the damage you did, again.
    The only reason it's viable atm is, that those 5% aren't much of a heal, so you can outdps it by far. This won't happen on HC though, seeing as he'll heal himself for what, 10 Million or so? No way you can DPS that.

So don't worry, won't be viable in HC at all.

We usually use a Boomkin to blow them off melee range to me (ele) and a hunter (trap). Then, all range (in range) switch to them. Even if you lose some dps when switching, the lost isn't greater than the healing he can get. In 25, that's a lot. In 10, we don't bother with this strat. We just nuke them.

We usually one shot / two shot him. It's all about the marks (hope a mage doesn't get it - hp).

We had the luxury of having 2 hunters use frost trap on both sides and missdirecting to the moonkin that was hurricaneing the adds once they spawn. We also had 1 warlock with shadowfury to stun them once they spawned, to give ranged time to start dps and get agro from all of them. I also shockwave a couple of them once the shadowfury wears off.

Every single ranged kills the adds, melee stays on boss 24/7.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    The definition of balance is when all the classes are whining at the same time, at the same volume.