Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Fury] Why is everyone respeccing from Arms?

Okay. So nearly all of the warriors on my server have done a mass respec from Arms to Fury. Started noticing this when all the Combat rogues rerolled Assassination, and now nobody has 4% physical damage taken.

I'm just curious, what the hell changed to buff Fury that I missed? I mean, the ones in my guild are still doing roughly the same damage they were before (encounter willing), but... yeah. What gives?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Re: [Fury] Why is everyone respeccing from Arms?

Fury scales a heck of a lot better than arms does.In fact when the big fury nerf came at the start of ulduar,some warrior theorycrafters (correctly) predicted that fury would get back in the race at full t8.5+hard modes.Now that the gear level is way past that,Fury outshines Arms by a lot.I think the reason your guildies are doing roughly the same damage as before is because they haven't get used to the fury playstyle again.But in the end its the scaling thing.

Because fury is easier to play I would assume it really is faceroll. Arms does better dps at lower gear so as gear improves the easier spec to play becomes more viable. That is all i can think of

Because on multi-target fights, Fury is far superior to Arms, because its ability to spam cleave, however on a pure single target basis both specs fair pretty much the same (or at least come out the same when I have used Landsoul's and done some Saurfang testing).

According to WoL and WMO charts fury warriors are much higher at max DPS to Arms (on Saurfang as thats the new DPS test for melee at least), although its not really easy to say whether this is because those best players don't play Arms so nothing to compare against, or whether fury really is that much further ahead.

Like I say I've done the fight as both and come out with very similar numbers on either spec.

If you got to chose between whirlwinding a boss with TWO MASSIVE AXES, or just with one, what would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa
    If you got to chose between whirlwinding a boss with TWO MASSIVE AXES, or just with one, what would you choose?
    exactly
    /thread

I was under the impression that Fury was better with better gear. Now that better gear is easy to get, Fury is more viable.

On DBS I'm ~7k single target as Arms. Both Trauma and BloodFrenzy are raid buffs I provide for my raid make up. If you were to take in account the damage I give to the raid through those buffs, a fury warrior would have to do right over 10k single target to contribute more than I do.

....I don't know any that can do that.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

We have a bear tank so I don't need trauma, and a combat rogue that does more dps then I would do as arms.

Also, most top Fury Warriors have been Fury since mid Ulduar, and definitely through ToC. Cleave/WW is incredibly useful in ToC.

Whirlwinding once with two axes, or whirlwinding 7 times in 6 seconds with 1?

teehee.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    Whirlwinding once with two axes, or whirlwinding 7 times in 6 seconds with 1?

teehee.
    And after those 6 amazing seconds u will have to wait 1,5 minutes :P

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    On DBS I'm ~7k single target as Arms. Both Trauma and BloodFrenzy are raid buffs I provide for my raid make up. If you were to take in account the damage I give to the raid through those buffs, a fury warrior would have to do right over 10k single target to contribute more than I do.

I've done 9100 on DBS. Gief better weapons and I'm on 10k :P

15+ Year Old Account

It's just easier to play. I'll stick to arms though, I like my shit complicated. And I gotta disagree on the whole "scales better" statement: arms scales very well too since the excess rage turns into cleave/hs spam which with incite specs totally rapes face. We'll see what happens with incite specs though with 4pc t10... theorycrafting on 4pc t10 with imp exec vs incite plox.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich
    I've done 9100 on DBS. Gief better weapons and I'm on 10k :P
    And when I get a better weapon...I'll be that much higher as well.

See what I did there. :P
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I usually give most furies a run for their money. Fury might outdo Arms on fights with a lot of target-switching and movement, but I think this observation is partially due to my own sloppiness when it comes to movement.

I wouldn't say "Fury tops numbers", but rather "fury tops numbers easier" - it's simply a question of how good you become with a particular spec and fury has a lower threshold for excellence.

10+ Year Old Account

2 > 1

win

And when I get a better weapon...I'll be that much higher as well.

See what I did there. :P
    Dammit! :P

Used to be arms myself for a long time. Then switched to fury and never want to come back. Reasons are:
    1. Fury is scaling much better than arms.
    2. Say what you want, a good arms warrior won't ever be even close to a good fury warrior dmg-wise.
    3. Fury is much easier to play (much easier rotation).
    4. Visually more appealing. There can be nothing more badass in this game than a little sexy human gal swinging two huge 2hand weapons, 1 in each hand.
    5. Personal dps >>>>>>> buffing other ppl's ego.

Approximately 9500 on our last kill, and since both buffs an Arms Warrior brings are covered... I think Fury works for me.

The simple reason is Fury scales better. It's something which has been 'theory-proven' however the real dps difference isn't huge otherwise Blizzard would do something about it one way or another (where did that nerf-warrior button go, I'm sure it was on my hotbar not so long ago). Rogues switched from Combat to Assassination for the same reason. Again, the difference isn't huge but it is there. I would just carry on playing which ever spec you prefer, if you play your class well then that will have more of an impact than whether you are Arms or Fury.