The random Dungeon system needs a fix

Here is someone i grouped with today, in a random-heroic Que he has full hatefull gemming Def, que'd as a tank and refused to tank overall totaly ruining the run, this isnt the first time im sure some of you guys have seen someone like this, or the people in full Tier 9 without gems or enchants on any of it, doing 1000 dps does anyone know if blizzard has any plans on how to fix this system? like maby an idiot filter or something that checks your gear to make sure its not i dunno PVP gear gem'd with full def?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ir&n=Captgomez

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kel%27Thuzad&n=Gorexar

Re: Link to your #1 disgracefull party member from the random dungeon system

Quote Originally Posted by Gorexar
    heres mine, the worst Thus far

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ir&n=Captgomez

lets see you top this, he Que'd as a tank, when we got in the run he said he didint have a shield and refused to tank, then procieded to say i was the reson it was a bad run, and that i should take my opinions on his gear, and my 258 gear and go raid *naxx* or something

(edit) he hit 80 8-31-09
    Might wanna delete this thread, totally does not follow the board rules.

Re: The random Dungeon system needs a fix

"Refusing to tank" sucks, if he queues as a tank he should tank.

MOST heroics are piss easy, with the exception of Halls of reflection (yes i know it's easy but in terms of that warriors gear it is not)

but even a 28k hp warrior defense capped could tank most heroics these days, specially if you have a half decent group

i've seen paly's in blues with 26k life on my resto shaman and i have no problem healing them, defense cap is by far the most desirable stat.

Refusing to tank is balls though.

And to add i think the queue is a bit too "leanient" because e/g my resto shaman is my third toon, he's only got semi-decent gear, but when i get randomed for HOR i have no choice but to leave, rather than let my group down later and have to replace/wipes etc etc etc i may as well just leave.

all that being said, i wouldn't have a problem with the guy, so long as he knew how to tank, tanked well and we werent in a higher tier of heroic.

It will probably be more fine tuned in the future but it is highly unlikely you can do anything more than leave queue and put the idiot on your ignore list. Blizzard can't really make the game read people's minds. Perhaps they should put a multiple choice test in before you can use the random queue system, but people would probably complain about that too.

Actually there's probably someone complaining on these forums right now about how they can't do a pug in their blues because of gearscore and/or achievements. I can only imagine what a multiple question test would do to their minds.

Something that uninformed players typically don't know, is that resilience lowers the chance to be crit even in PvE, not just PvP. Add to this the fact that PvP gear is always loaded with lots of stamina for its ilvl, and pvp gear actually isnt bad for a starting tank to run with. If he really was in full hateful and solid def gemmed, he would have been uncrittable, and he should have been able to tank all of the heroics just fine, with the exception of maybe toc + icc 5-mans. As long as he was rolling on real tanking gear so that he could replace his pvp gear as he went, I wouldn't have had a problem healing him.

The only real problem here is that he chose tank role in order to get an instant group, then refused to tank. That's just weak. I have heard of this happening to some people out there, but I have yet to run into it myself yet once, so I can't imagine it is that common. Put him on your ignore list, and you'll never see him again. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furkel
    Long story short, my voidwalker is borderline retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by anathemaa
    The only real problem here is that he chose tank role in order to get an instant group, then refused to tank. That's just weak. I have heard of this happening to some people out there, but I have yet to run into it myself yet once, so I can't imagine it is that common. Put him on your ignore list, and you'll never see him again. Problem solved.
    Agreed. The hell with gear, it doesn't mean shit if he won't even perform in the role he chose.

I too have run into this a few times now, and without fail it's a group wrecker. When you get one of these tards, there's very little in the way of options to deal with them. Vote to kick doesn't seem to be available until the initial 15m debuff wears off, which usually means people start dropping group, throwing you back into the queue and forcing you to start from scratch.

Best bet, like anathemaa said, ignore them so you never run into them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

where do u find such noobs lol?

When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God ?

Not come across it myself, but i daresay it's only a matter of time. Biggest problem i've had so far is when i get one of the icc heroics as my random daily, and people drop out after doing the trash.

That said, it might just be chance, but the random groups do seem to be getting better as people tend to do more heroics?