Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Talisman of Resurgence or Abyssal Rune?

so i tried telling another mage that the talisman was a waste, and boy was i wrong. I would HIGHLY suggest getting it. The extra mana is huge and i just pop the trinket every two minutes with AP. Currently talisman/Muradins is my combo. however right now, in icc25(lady deathwhisper especially) i highly highly highly recommend the talisman. I only bought the trinket right before a toc25 raid to test it out and right after the raid it was an easy decision to keep it.

Also nevermelting ice crystal actually dropped my dps by 600 when i used it with the the talisman(on test dummy self buffed when i was using dying curse as my other trinket) i would suggest disenchanting it or vendoring it.

to the persona sking about the charges...yes one set of missiles eats a charge so its a 3 min CD to be eaten up in 2.5 seconds(unhasted)

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13
    so i tried telling another mage that the talisman was a waste, and boy was i wrong. I would HIGHLY suggest getting it. The extra mana is huge and i just pop the trinket every two minutes with AP. Currently talisman/Muradins is my combo. however right now, in icc25(lady deathwhisper especially) i highly highly highly recommend the talisman. I only bought the trinket right before a toc25 raid to test it out and right after the raid it was an easy decision to keep it.

Also nevermelting ice crystal actually dropped my dps by 600 when i used it with the the talisman(on test dummy self buffed when i was using dying curse as my other trinket) i would suggest disenchanting it or vendoring it.

to the persona sking about the charges...yes one set of missiles eats a charge so its a 3 min CD to be eaten up in 2.5 seconds(unhasted)
    I agree with a lot of this, and I really liked having talisman in toc, however, 2pc T10 will require me to have a haste trinket at my current haste levels when I grab my two pieces on tuesday. So it's time for me to farm up abyssal rune when DFO doesn't drop, or I don't win it.

i should get my t2pc t10 this week. Pretty stoked for it because it should up my dps a good amount. Im also stoked that i farmed the abyssal rune when i got the talisman for a better trinket combo than what i had with the nevermelting iceshard whatever its called. That night i got muradins so i was like aww farmed all day for nothing....then i realised i was close to getting my 2pc t10 bonus. so i will be testing out all combos as soon as that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13
    i should get my t2pc t10 this week. Pretty stoked for it because it should up my dps a good amount. Im also stoked that i farmed the abyssal rune when i got the talisman for a better trinket combo than what i had with the nevermelting iceshard whatever its called. That night i got muradins so i was like aww farmed all day for nothing....then i realised i was close to getting my 2pc t10 bonus. so i will be testing out all combos as soon as that happens.
    Abyssal Rune will be worth it if it will put you over the haste threshhold for your next AB to benefit from the 12% haste. I'm switching to abyssal rune tonight after marrowgar dies and I can wear 2pc. Then DFO will drop and the wow gods will give it to me.

15+ Year Old Account

Skarrd, what is your haste at? I thought the requirement to get all four ABs hasted was pretty low. I think I'm at like 1.72ish ABs without the 12% from the buff (895 haste rating), which would mean 5.16ish seconds to cast three ABs. The 12% should drop me below 5 seconds easily, and that's all I need to get the 4th AB cast with haste. I don't think it's possible to get the MBAM hasted without cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Skarrd, what is your haste at? I thought the requirement to get all four ABs hasted was pretty low. I think I'm at like 1.72ish ABs without the 12% from the buff (895 haste rating), which would mean 5.16ish seconds to cast three ABs. The 12% should drop me below 5 seconds easily, and that's all I need to get the 4th AB cast with haste. I don't think it's possible to get the MBAM hasted without cooldowns.
    I was around 870 at one point, but Mortalis never dropped so I'm running the crit/spi weapon from marrowgar which dropped me down a bit. I'm not sure offhand but I think I'm at like 806 and the rune puts me over. When I was testing 2pc with gloves / shoulders and about 720 haste the 4th cast wasn't terribly far off. That's with the 12%, of course.

The MBAM may be able to be hasted once we approach BiS setups (~1300 haste), but I haven't done math or anything.

15+ Year Old Account

Okay, that makes sense. I'm running the 245 Cold Convergence (ToGC 10 Anub staff) and that gives me a lot of haste. Rigor Mortis is available this week though, so let's all cross our fingers.