Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: LFD Loot system FAIL

I'm sick of you dumbasses who think just because it's an upgrade you should take it.

OH NO, A CASTER ROBE WITH 4 MORE SP THAN MINE. THE PRIEST DOESN'T NEED IT, CAN I HAVE IT (and then proceed to not gem or enchant it)? OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS ARE SUCH ASSHOLES...I FUCKING NEEDED THAT TO UPGRADE OH MY GOD. YOU GUYS ARE ALL SUCH BADS, I MEAN HONESTLY I NEEDED IT OH MAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

If you're that kid please go kill yourself, upgrade on plate...stop falling back on cloth/mail/leather gear just because you can wear it. I can't wear anything else why should you get the opportunity? Fucking ridiculous we're even talking about this in the first place, stop fucking crying.

Like jesus christ, how the fuck do you try to justify taking that mail helmet? Oh man, now you're just going to replace it in a few hours because some plate one is going to drop. Thanks for wasting resources and mats because you're an impatient piece of shit. You people who complain about greed/de being on the same level are fuckin garbage, like honestly you're the same people who used to justify to stupid raid leaders why as a paladin you should roll on a certain cloth chest from Kael'thas.....or why you need that cloth bracer (because yours is a ilevel 213 plate epic, and this one is ilevel 232 cloth!! OH MAN UPGRADE!!!).

Just shutup. Shutup all of you. SHUTUP.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    I'm sick of you dumbasses who think just because it's an upgrade you should take it.
    Considering it was a 5man PuG the OP was talking about if it's an upgrade anything goes, if they bitch so be it. It would be no different than a Hunter or Shaman rolling on leather physical dps gear as an upgrade.

Like jesus christ, how the fuck do you try to justify taking that mail helmet? Oh man, now you're just going to replace it in a few hours because some plate one is going to drop.
    If everyone else in the run was rolling for DE how is it not justified that a plate user should be able to roll need for the item? If it's a use able upgrade for a player no point in letting it go to DE.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Again, I don't see why you should even have to roll on that gear. Blizzard needs to dumb down the gearing even more so we don't talk about this.

I as a clothie cannot default back on any other gear. I am stuck with cloth, no more no less.

As soon as we move up the gear we have leather..whom can roll on leather..and cloth. Why.....

As we move up the gear we have mail...whom can roll on leather and cloth also. Lame.......

As we move up the gear we have plate...whom can roll on mail, leather, and cloth. What?......

I've always hated this philosophy, that has been around since vanilla. Since you can use it what's the harm? Well I always saw it as this, if you're in a random group our main goal is not to gear you out and worry about you....it's about finishing the dungeon with the most "gain" and least "loss" as possible. If we have the opportunity to make some extra gold individually or get some extra reagents then I feel we're right to think that, especially considering you're just rolling on a somewhat "greedy" premise. You can wear it all, but that doesn't mean you should always get what you want.

I'm sorry, but I have no respect for QQers who cry about off-class gear as upgrades. You are a paladin, wear plate. If your friends want to gear you out in cloth gear go nuts, if they want to make a fury warrior out of leather...go nuts...(whatever floats ur boat)...but don't come crying to my pug about offspec gear that you want, because I'm not here to worry about your ass.

Bluntly put for you TLR's, I'm not here to worry about you and your gear needs. If something that is legitimately for you drops, feel free to roll or take it. However, if something that is in limbo in terms of need for gear drops...I'm rolling DE/Greed unless you have a damn good reason for me not to. No you should not have your own "offspec greed" button, no....no.
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alienganja
    Again, I don't see why you should even have to roll on that gear. Blizzard needs to dumb down the gearing even more so we don't talk about this.

I as a clothie cannot default back on any other gear. I am stuck with cloth, no more no less.

As soon as we move up the gear we have leather..whom can roll on leather..and cloth. Why.....

As we move up the gear we have mail...whom can roll on leather and cloth also. Lame.......

As we move up the gear we have plate...whom can roll on mail, leather, and cloth. What?......

I've always hated this philosophy, that has been around since vanilla. Since you can use it what's the harm? Well I always saw it as this, if you're in a random group our main goal is not to gear you out and worry about you....it's about finishing the dungeon with the most "gain" and least "loss" as possible. If we have the opportunity to make some extra gold individually or get some extra reagents then I feel we're right to think that, especially considering you're just rolling on a somewhat "greedy" premise. You can wear it all, but that doesn't mean you should always get what you want.

I'm sorry, but I have no respect for QQers who cry about off-class gear as upgrades. You are a paladin, wear plate. If your friends want to gear you out in cloth gear go nuts, if they want to make a fury warrior out of leather...go nuts...(whatever floats ur boat)...but don't come crying to my pug about offspec gear that you want, because I'm not here to worry about your ass.

Bluntly put for you TLR's, I'm not here to worry about you and your gear needs. If something that is legitimately for you drops, feel free to roll or take it. However, if something that is in limbo in terms of need for gear drops...I'm rolling DE/Greed unless you have a damn good reason for me not to. No you should not have your own "offspec greed" button, no....no.
    Yes. Let's make everything stat sticks that are all leather.

15+ Year Old Account

I mildly agree that the system could use some retooling, but not entirely for the whole and sudden "the lower armor is better stats" craze that's apparantly been booming this expansion. And last. And before that.

Just get what you can and in Cataclysm I am sure everything will be far more optimal for you. It's just pixels, people. Stop crying over a heroic drop that got sharded and go do a raid to get something.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

My ONLY issue with the new loot system is with BOEs. Sure, my druid can't use a BOE epic shield. I can sell it though. And you can most DEFINITELY expect the guy that "needed" it to sell it on the AH. It's a BOE epic. Of course he's gonna sell it.

That really bugs me.

easysolution, don't do random LFG, gather your own group from your own realm.
    quit the qq already.

Just wondering isn't that how it works with Need before Greed.
    Just change to group loot when you enter if it's ok with people and problem solved is it not?
    If I am wrong heaven save me from the ignorant.....

15+ Year Old Account

Thread necro, HOOOO! Srsly, how/why do people do that?

Deleted

Because they are tards, my good sir. I'm sorry, but it happens.

How about instead of being dumb and not saying a word to your party members you bring it up prior to the fight in case it does drop? Use some common sense, it's not that hard. Seriously people, if you want something that you can't need on then just fucking say something to the other people in your party and the majority of the time people will not give you trouble for it. It's one thing if you don't know of the item's existence and it surprises you but when you know going into the dungeon that there's an item you want that you can't roll need on and you're too stupid to bring it up prior to it dropping then I really could care less whether you get it or not.