Poll: How frequently do you get ninjas, bads, or douchebags in your random PuGs? (clarification below)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

(poll) Reality check on PuGs.

FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE POLL, only count bads being in your group IF they held up or slowed your progression in the dungeon (AKA caused wipes, not "DPS was under 2k" or some arbitrary number (unless you pulled 3 super low DPS))

seriously, with all the QQ about "PEOPLE ARE ALL DICKS IN RANDOM DUNGEONS" I wanted to try and get an actual poll of what goes on.

thanks you, and please discuss below what you voted and what BG you are in.

I myself am in the rampage BG and I have not found any of the above mentioned people, just run into 2 lazy people ever. I have also had 1 really bad run, but that was due to chain DCs.

EDITed for clarity and spelling. I sense more edits will be incoming as well.

Re: (poll) Reality check on PuGs.

haven't had any ninjas or douchebags just alot of bads. My fav was the hunter dpsing the whole instance in aspect of the viper.... 600 dps...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

i run as many heroix as i can/day (20-25) as a tank. Every time 1 or 2 dps are doing 1.2-1.5k. I only wiped once i think in about 200 ish heroics but still some ppl just cba. Its like BGs where u could afk leech honor only difference is here ppl acutaly move with the tank and only auto attack...
    Merry xmas all and happy new year

could do with seperating 'bads' from ninjas/etc. - i've seen a lot of bad players, but suprisingly few who're ninjas or abusive. And i s'pose... to be on these forums, you have to be pretty into the game - a lot of the people we think of as 'bads' might just be people who only play a couple of hours a week, a very different thing from griefers?

Well it matters what you describe as "bads". I said every run, because there is ALWAYS atleast 1 member who is really bad. But that doesnt ruin my experience at all, the ninjas and douchebags do. I dont care if im top dps as the tank as long as things go down and people are nice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I take "bads" to mean people who can't play their class.
    AKA the hunter DPSing in aspect of the viper, or the mage using ice armor, or the warlock without armor, or the pally who uses seal of command (or whatever the stunning one is) or a priest that just uses greater heal, or something to that effect.

just people who really have no idea what they were doing. not people who are undergear or don't know fights. people who don't know their class, and won't admit it and put in the work to learn it.
    those are bads imo.

I thínk since i've been in the game a while and matured a lot I no longer care that much if people are pulling bad dps or whatever, I just try to deal with it. Sure if the tank has 48k health but takes huge damage when i'm healing i'll ask him to put on his avoidance gear or something, but i'll keep it friendly. When it comes to dps I really don't care because I myself have problems with getting high overall dps (feral druid vs trash qq). As such, there were probably a lot of bads, and a few wipe-causing bads, in my runs (~200 emblems) that I totally missed.

One per 3-4 when it comes to assholes seems reasonable though. however, 3/4 good isn't really that bad for me, so i'll keep using the system
    Facile pi?

BEWARE:

I get annoyed easily by people who are slow-minded, and people who spell badly. Oh, and if you want to use the "not my first language" excuse, it isn't mine either.

Every run i run as tank, or having my friend tank. Being a dick is one of the perks you get when you tank. Since it takes about 15 mins to get a tank no one wants to kick the tank, even if he's a dick. ^^
    “The north still reeks of undeath. Our homelands lay in ruin. Pandaria oozes our hatred and doubt. What hope is there for this world when the Burning Legion again lands upon our shores?” - Eric Thibeau

Deleted

Most of the 'bads' are the newbie tanks IMO, if you see a paladin or warrior tank who has everything gemmed and enchanted for stamina, you think OK thats fine, he must have some avoidance atleast, but then every pack he loses agro, the healer dies from the loose mobs etc etc; that is as bad player, someone who is pretending to be a tank without actually knowing what a tank is meant to do (tip: defence gear + stamina does not a tank make).

I've only had one run that was so bad that I actually felt compelled to leave, after realising that the healer and myself simply couldn't two-man the instance (me being a Druid tank). Some runs are slower than others, but I've yet to have a single run in the 'ordinary' Heroics (that is, anything but the ICCC Heroics) lasting any more than 25-ish minutes.

Not really run into any real horrors so far. but the ones that have been getting on my tits are the alts running round in heirloom gear whining "OMFG! Nooooob!" because they've been grouped with people who *gasp* don't have heirlooms, and are *shock* using dungeons (heroics included) for what they're meant for - ie gearing up.

Oh - having said that, I've just remembered a certain rogue I pugged with in HoL a couple of days ago. I couldn't give a monkey's about his low dps, but he could have bothered to get his gear repaired before he started the instance. To add insult to that, we votekicked an offline group member prior to this, and so we still had a CD left on that. He was asked to leave the group, which he then refused to do (and ported back to Menethil), so we couldn't replace him.

I don't run into to many issues. Only really had a few instances that really had me yanking my hair. (I'm on Cenarius in the Whirlwind Battlegroup)

Other day I was in a random pug in Pit of Saron. First boss, and the healer was just having a helluva time with it. So I spend damn near half the fight chainhealing (I'm an Ele Shaman) to help (The healer was actually okay after that, dunno what happened during that fight.)

Well, the fail heals wasn't what bugged me. This DK in the group right after the fight pointed out my GS which is much higher than his and posted a damage meter from recount after the fight, where he beat me by about 150 DPS.

Instead of showing him a healing meter showing my HPS, I decide to wait till the next boss. We get there, clear the trash around the boss and I warn the tank to hold on cuz I'm about to push his aggro hard (tank wasn't bad, I was pretty sure he could hang on with aggro) as soon as they pulled I BL and went off. After the fight, I /pointed at the DK and showed him the recount for that fight where I beat him by nearly 3K dps.

That shut him up. Annoying little prick.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Quote Originally Posted by Komati
    Every run i run as tank, or having my friend tank. Being a dick is one of the perks you get when you tank. Since it takes about 15 mins to get a tank no one wants to kick the tank, even if he's a dick. ^^
    Im a tank, and how exactly is being a dick a perk. Just because you can probably get away with it doesn't mean you should.

I was on my main in H HoR. There was a warlock doing 800 dps in fairly decent gear. He was definitely BAD. We still managed to finish it.

Then I switched to my warrior alt. I got kicked from the group because I only did about 2.4k dps. It was non-heroic FoS. So I'll call all 4 of those people douchebags.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

have seen the ocasional poor player but thats fine, you can stil finish with that

ran into one paly that made me howl in laughter at his spec and 400 dps but apart from that no real problems

Most heroics are designed for players in blues and greens. No point complaining if people perform comparably, even if they could do much better but can't be bothered to do so in heroics.

What does annoy me though is behaviour in general. People leaving after a wipe (or right away if they dont like the random they got), going afk for extended periods of time, ignoring boss abilities that can still easily kill them and then blaming the tank/healer for it, and any and all forms of elitism, including flaming the tank for not pulling fast enough.

Most of the time though, I have a smooth run (not like most heroics are hard anymore) way below the 30 mins they were originally designed to take.

How the hell does "very rarely" have the most votes?

Quote Originally Posted by mackmustard
    How the hell does "very rarely" have the most votes?

cause people are being honest. if people are getting bad players every run, its likely because they are a bad player. you typically only get "bads" or speed badgers every 3-4 runs
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    I have yet to get a run where there isn't a dps below 2k. Yes, fuck your arbitrary limitation on what I call a bad. Anything less than 3k in a heroic is abysmal, even with leveling gear.
    Even with leveling gear eh?

Sounds like somebody forgot what it was like back when we were all just dinging 80 for the first time.

Anybody else remember that, When Naxx was the big Raid of the time, and people pulling 3K DPS in 25 man raids were considered to be slamming out monster deeps.

Now apparently, anything less than that is abymal, even in greens and blues? Uh huh, yeah.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Surely this is missing idc its a pug