Poll: How frequently do you get ninjas, bads, or douchebags in your random PuGs? (clarification below)

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: (poll) Reality check on PuGs.

Haven't had any horrible fail groups, however this is coming from a well geared healer....

Here's what I've noticed...in general terms:

Tanks: You get 1 of 3 tanks.

Tank 1 likes to stack stamina and talk about his/her +45k health. Then proceeds to get completely raped pulling too many mobs and blames the dps/healer (me).

Tank 2 is just a new tank, usually pretty friendly. However this only thing I've found is that this tank is usually friendly but not exactly attentive when you ask them things, or gives you a general response of "oh kkk, I got it now" then does the same thing again. It's not horrible, just please....if you're dying with a good/well geared healer then something is wrong, listen to others opinions...(Lots of DKs, don't act like you know everything. Warriors just as bad.)

Tank 3 is the good tank, the one with avoidance and stam :O! This tank usually has 38-45k health and doesn't really say much unless a guildy or something is in the run. He/She waits for mana if needed but usually goes at a consistent pace. (Sidenote: Haven't had a DK tank who fits this profile yet).

DPS for me has come in 2 sizes.

DPS 1 is good, pulls >2.5k dps and doesn't complain about shit like gear rolls or "people needing a certain item because its the only one they need". Rarely this person has the quality trait of elitist and proceeds to attack anything that isn't "pro".

DPS 2 is the opposite of DPS 1, this person is cocky or a shithead. Constantly trying to either justify bad dps (I don't take this game seriously, I don't play all day, etc) or justify being a shithead (pulling aggro off of a GOOD tank, pulling unneeded mobs). Now I don't usually say anything to the dps, however I usually give them the option of being a tank or dps...if you would like to tank please inform me and I can heal you. If not, please stop pulling aggro...I'm not healing your dumbass.

Now as a healer I don't encounter healers (unless I'm running around bored in shadow) but what I've noticed is that as a healer we see things two ways:

The group is good, the people are smart and generally know what to do...this type of group is headache free, I dont have to constantly switch healing targets and the tank keeps aggro. This type of instance is fun, because I don't have to work that hard...(sorry it's true).

The group is bad or 1 person is lacking. This group is not horrible, but again I dislike getting people who think they're the shit...or don't play by the general instance rules when pugging. Stop being a hero, don't talk smack, don't cry about loot, and play well. This group usually has at least 1 bad who complains, fails, or crys. I don't care, just don't call out a tank or healer because "they are a bad tank (unless they are) or bad healer (unless they are). If YOU die...it is your fault...especially upon pulling aggro or dying to something stupid. If I miss a heal on the dps because I'm keeping the tank up...that sucks...but its life. Rez ftw.

Thank you that is all...
    L2P or GTFO
    - Gear isn't free, earn it
    - I also have opinions regarding this game, you're not special
    - LFG Heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Antik
    People pulling 3k in naxx25 were not considered to be "slamming out monster deeps" people hit 3k dps at 70.
    With BIS gear and stacked raid with 5 shamans for bloodlusts yes.
    3k was high for the first 25mans in WotLK.

Edit: and lets not forget the drums..

I would say i get a crummy group about 2 times every ten randoms. Not a ratio I am unhappy with! Very surprised at the quality of the groups.
    I'm afraid we have a slight apocalypse on our hands

I voted "very rarely."

Do I get plenty of mediocre players? Yes. But I have a very hard time holding that against anybody considering the majority of players probably spend less time and thought on this game than the average forum poster does. I personally sucked when I started and was pretty unimpressive until I had been 60 for a good while on my second character; only reason I got anywhere was because I played this game too much. For me as long as somebody is doing basically what they're supposed to on their character with the general semblance of a correct spec and usage of abilities then that's fine; I won't be trying to recruit them to my raid core but I won't /sigh at them mentally during the run either.

Occasionally however you do get somebody who is just really bad. I've wondered if a lot of the time bad players aren't the real players, or drunk players, etc. For instance one guildie is having another guildie do his daily heroic for him while he's out of town; given that the girl's never played a Hunter I can only assume she's not exactly making him look good every day.

My problem is not really the number of twats i run into, its more the terribad tanks or healers who i sometimes get. I only focus run FoS/sometimes PoS/and HoR, but that about it, with a few ocasional randoms more or less for the frost emblems or to help a mate.

The thing is i generaly pull about 3k on more or less Auto attacks with a few rare Heroic strikes, about 4-4.5k if actualy use some of my abilites like WW or Cleave to bring packs down faster, and about 6k to 7k depending on buffs and RNG if i go into rotation on trash, or 5k to 5.5k on single target. More often then not i run into tanks and decent gear to whom i give a good 10-15k Treath start and up to 50k on single target yet i still get agro.

On the other hand sometimes i get tanks in Naxx/Uld or whatever gear ocasionaly even blues whom manage to hold everything on themself no problem.

Then comes to healer that cant keep 1 tank alive no matter what....those are just....ah... and they usually show up in HoR/FoS/PoS.

And sometimes comes the under 1k dps, that cant LoS, will stand in fire, will refuse to stop using Deathgrip, Misdirect on himself, etc. I usually would like to not give a shit as i can compensate dps wise for them, but its just that for that ya need a raid tank or a skilled one to keep stuff on itself, and you alive. Or a healer who can basicaly keep the tank and a `dps alive in the same time.

Tho i dont think that the Random Heroic sistem is in any bad state. For those whom it has been designed for works perfectly. Its just they should have not forced all of the raiders into running randoms. Its a pain for us, and it is a pain for those who we outgear so badly.

I think that frost emblems should still come from conventional daily instance quests, so we can do it in a normal and better planned fashion.

Yeah having raid tanks and raid healers in randoms is awsome for the dps, tho raid dps dont always gets raid tank and or raid healers.

How the hell does "very rarely" have the most votes?
    I answered very rarely because I don't call people "bads" unless they act like jerks.

Its just they should have not forced all of the raiders into running randoms. Its a pain for us, and it is a pain for those who we outgear so badly.
    You know you do not have to group with random dps to do your daily heroic, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wani

You know you do not have to group with random dps to do your daily heroic, right?
    Yeah tho the problem is, that how the Random sistem curently works, whenever you log into the game and have 30 spare mins, you will be abile to just instantly do it.

Before people would generaly wait around untill their guildmates would more or less come all online in masses and would always prefer doing it in guild over Pugs.

While Dps still tends to prefer doing it in guild, its more or less our tanks and to lesser extent our healers who just pug it. And while you can find healers more often then not, who still did not do it, our guild only has about 6 tanks to work with. And nobody is really into running heroics, 3-4-5 times untill everyone gets it.

Dont see ninjas that often usually just run with 3-4 guildies then find one random. Usually hear about them in trade chat tho

Quote Originally Posted by Zakamutt
    I thínk since i've been in the game a while and matured a lot I no longer care that much if people are pulling bad dps or whatever, I just try to deal with it. Sure if the tank has 48k health but takes huge damage when i'm healing i'll ask him to put on his avoidance gear or something, but i'll keep it friendly. When it comes to dps I really don't care because I myself have problems with getting high overall dps (feral druid vs trash qq). As such, there were probably a lot of bads, and a few wipe-causing bads, in my runs (~200 emblems) that I totally missed.

One per 3-4 when it comes to assholes seems reasonable though. however, 3/4 good isn't really that bad for me, so i'll keep using the system
    If you are having a hard time healing a tank with 48k hp you sir may be the bad.

So i heard that you get grouped with people with gear around your gear level... Which is cool if you are highend geared like me. However, I dont mind having a friendly chap with me, who does 2k dps as long as he tries, and isn't afking or something all the time :<
    I cba to get pissed because someone deals minimum damage, or if the tank isn't really good at the aggro thing. I'd much rather just use that extra 15 mins and help those people, and have a nice time, instead of starting to go all elitist rage.

If people ninjas w/e, they'll be replaced ofc. But I havnt experienced a ninja in a random HC yet.

I have only had 3 BAD experiences - 1) a DK refused to throw down D&D in H HoR because it would take away from his DPS - the problem was that our healer did not understand LOS and kept getting aggro at the beginning and dying. 2) A DK in Tanking gear trying to DPS in it - then said it was better than his DPS gear (item level it was) - but 800 DPS is unsat regardless. 3) A rogue who would not DPS at all - flat out refused - said we could kick him if we did not like it. So we stopped after the first boss, waited for the 5 min and kicked him.

I got Hor as random HC today got to wave 4 then i died and got ressed as a ghoul on falric and outdpsed the other dps while being a ghoul. we wiped on 13k on the boss and i got shit for not exploding and killing him (dealing 25% of 16k wouldent do 13k -.- ) group split i got 2 guildies qued again and got HoR again and cleared it.

In the second run we acctuly got into 2 other guildes fail run so we did an unplanned guildrun :P

but yeah pulling 900dps as a ghoul and being above the T9 mage and DK is rather shit.

i usally like getting bads if there active and trying and not just standing in a corner
    Quote Originally Posted by nordonn
    DON'T YOU NVM me, I'll kick ur ass. FYI my gs is 5308 using the icc25 man 2h. boss dps son
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Look at your MMO, now back to mine, I'm on a lion.

i voted 1-9/10 i really seem to be pretty lucky always have that one dps only doin 1.6kish but that doesnt slow a decent group down in todays heroics.
    http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/rchmarkert_2007/Signatures/cpt.jpg

Do enhancement shamans using 2h weapons count as bad?

so i was in a pug and this scrub shaman goes to me "man this DK tank is aweful, he doesnt even have a shield" so i lol'd at him and asked him why he was using daggers. he replied with it does faster dps, i died alittle.

According to statistics I have ran over 50 random dungeons, and I can count the number of bad groups on one hand. I shouldn't say fail groups, but fail tanks. That is the exception though, I must be extremely lucky because I almost always end up with tanks over 40k buffed who are competent.

Never notice bad dps, but I don't really pay attention to it. I do enough dps to carry the rest.

easy.... if you cant beat the ninjas, join the ninjas, its a heroic not a damn endgame raid...... brings alot of profit if you are disenchanter.....
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Sadly, I must have really shitty luck with groups, or maybe its just the battlegroup Vindication.
    -5/10 runs start by someone saying they need to afk for a min (we start clearing without them), but only come back right before the first boss...
    -3/10 runs the dps are shit, as it they struggle to break 800 dps, as a mage, while aoeing (or does nothing but blizzard on 1 target)...this could be the same as dps that charge in and unleashes all cds on the next set of mobs while the tank is rezzing the healer, then spends the next 10 mins telling the tank how bad they are.
    -2/10 runs the healer doesn't heal (between pulls, everyone is at 50% life, and the healer is just standing their with 20% mana, not drinking, not eating)..
    -2/10 runs you get a group of 4 guildies, that do nothing but talk trash about you, even though you've never been with them, telling you they are going to kick you over and over and over (but never do, or only do right before the last boss)
    -1/10 runs someone either goes afk after last boss is dead without rolling, or waits for everyone else, then rolls needs on anything they can (ie warrior rolls need on spell trinket, spell plate, 1 handed dps weapon...)
    -1/10 runs either the the tank has less then 20k hp, buffed, or the healer has dps (phys dps) gear on and his holy light heals for like 300.

Sadly, I know this equals 14/10, and I've left out some of the most nasty things that have happened, and yes, some of this stuff happens in the same run Most of the time you ignore it, lol about it in guild chat, but it does nothing to make you want to do more random dungeons that you have to. WTB larger ignore list (or ignore guild list!).
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by desquished
    Do enhancement shamans using 2h weapons count as bad?
    I use them occasionally, but i still manage 3.5k dps...

So that's still more then most
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

10+ Year Old Account

People have extremely high expectations from a fairly average base of players. With that said, I very rarely find someone who "slows down the group". Sure, a lot of people pull 2-3k, but heroics are so goddamn dirt easy, does it really even matter that you clear it in 20 minutes instead of 15?