Eradication & Glyph of Quick & Decay

So My warlock has been level 80 now for a month and i just went Affliction pvp in 3.3!
    And when i asked people for some nice feedback on a spec i had in mind they told me to drop Death's embrace for Eradication because it does more damage with the new glyph.

So Im just wondering...
    It doesnt say that it increases your haste. It says it increases your Spell casting speed. So, does Eradication affect Corruption when you have the Glyph of Quick & Decay?Or is it better to take Death's embrace instead over Eradication?

I got one more question.

If i have a corruption on a target, and I pop a haste trinket, does the corruption tick faster immediatly, or do I have to re-apply the DoT to make it uppdate it's ticking speed with my increased haste?

Imagine in a BG, I see a ally runing past me and I put up corrution and Curse of Agony before hes LoS then I pop my haste trinket, will he get more damage? Or will he have the weaker DoT before I poped the trinket? :S

Well I hope you understand what im trying to ask.

Thanks!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Eradication & Glyph of Quick & Decay

The dots always calculate the speed when the dot is cast in other words trinket eradication must be up before you cast them in order to give the hastened ticks.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

This is true, though the haste is recalculated when Corruption is refreshed via Everlasting Affliction. I notice this when Bloodlust is cast and my Corruption goes from 15 to 10 seconds on refresh.

Haste makes corruption tick faster -> faster eradication -> faster ticks - even faster eradication.

with faster i mean the time it takes to proc, not spell cast speed ^^

your first problem was listening to someone who doesn't know how to play a warlock. Why would you not have death's embrace and eradication in your spec? Corruption ticks based on the current stats you have when you apply it.

edit. Is this strictly for pvp or is pve something as well. PVP id go without embrace but the glyph of quik decay i havent tried. Most glyphs go with soul link/ua/haunt or something to that effect. Maybe a shadowflame movement impairing one. As for quick decay i dont know for pvp just yet

Deleted

To the first part of your question:

Yes it does. I wondered the same with regards to hero/bl since tooltip text talks about cast speed rather than haste on that as well. Gherkin said that he had done some tests on it and that bl definitely affects your corruption ticks, so it seems that the glyph treats x% increase in cast time in the same way it does +y haste.

I think his main concern is, since eradication only mentions increasing spell casting speed, and not haste in particular, does it still affect corruption.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordace
    Haste makes corruption tick faster -> faster eradication -> faster ticks - even faster eradication.

with faster i mean the time it takes to proc, not spell cast speed ^^
    I think Eradication has an internal cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472
    I think Eradication has an internal cooldown.
    I believed they removed the ICD in 3.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by Deyman

So Im just wondering...
    It doesnt say that it increases your haste. It says it increases your Spell casting speed. So, does Eradication affect Corruption when you have the Glyph of Quick & Decay?Or is it better to take Death's embrace instead over Eradication?

I got one more question.

If i have a corruption on a target, and I pop a haste trinket, does the corruption tick faster immediatly, or do I have to re-apply the DoT to make it uppdate it's ticking speed with my increased haste?

Thanks!

quick answers,
    Yes eradication increases ur Corr tics,
    Yes remove death's embrace cuz its worthless (flame inc) its 15% of HOT tics.. NOT normal heals ONLY HOT, wich mean's; druids, shamans riptide, and priests renew,..
    and no u have to recast Corr in order to get the current haste (wich u explained with u pullin ur trinket)

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Death's Embrace Rank 3

Increases the amount drained by your Drain Life by 30% while your health is at or below 20% health, and increases the damage done by your Shadow spells by 12% when your target is at or below 35% health.

Yeah guys, thanks for the replies i've gotten!
    Think i got my questions answered, It's time to make a notice when Eradication proccs with the wonderfull addon "Power Auras"

BTW. I tried this on a Target dummy...

Eradication + Haste Trinket + Power infusion + Blood Lust + Glyph of Quick and Decay = Very fast corruption ticks ^^

I'm just loving this glyph! How bout the rest of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Turboteckel
    Death's Embrace Rank 3

Increases the amount drained by your Drain Life by 30% while your health is at or below 20% health, and increases the damage done by your Shadow spells by 12% when your target is at or below 35% health.

lol! sorry for some reason i got up that rediculus MS effect we "got".. cant ever remember the name of the affli shiet never playd it :P