Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

WORST way to speed up a dungeon.

It seems that it's all the rage now for dps to pull extra packs of mobs (even bosses) constantly throughout heroics. Even while I chain pull and have entire rooms of mobs on me, I will still see see paladins attack a mob then bubble, see healers purposely run into pats, etc. I understand that heroics are heavily out geared by us frequent players, and I want to get my frost badges just as fast as you, but you need to remember this; no amount of tanking skill will save you when my abilities are on their cooldowns.

Being a DK tank, people think that as long as I have a DnD down it's impossible for me to lose aggro. Since I use DnD every pull, people feel it's their resposibilty to do me the favor of rounding every mob in the room and bringing them to me. Then, when someone dies, it's my fault because I'm a fail tank.

I don't have an AoE taunt. When will you dps learn this? If my DnD or Howling Blast are on cooldown, you're good as dead. Then, when you get ballsy and talk down to me because you know we're on different servers, I will drop the group and you will have to find a new tank. This will only slow down the dungeon and (hopefully) make you wait a long period of time before you find another tank.

Being a well geared tank, I feel I am somewhat doing a charity to you undergeared healers and dps by getting you badges and *gulp* even gear. So when you make disrespectful comments like "Put your DnD down and stop bitching", or "It's your job to get them off me, baddie", I will NOT hesitate to drop group and enjoy my instant-que to another dungeon. I understand how assholish (for lack of a better word) this may sound to you dps and healers, but just try to understand where I'm coming from.

Please stop pulling extra mobs, even if the tank is going to slow. The best way to speed things up is for the healer to encourage bigger pulls and reassuring they can keep the tank up. If I don't feel confident in my heals there's no way I'm pulling an entire gauntlet, etc etc.

Grabbing extra packs and dieing, then blaming the tank is the WORST way to speed up a dungeon.

[/qq]

Re: WORST way to speed up a dungeon.

Do what I do when tanking, warn once, leave group if it happens again.
    I *really* don't care what they think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by melko
    QQmoarpl0x kthnxbai
    We get it, you're a troll.
    Anyone have a real opinion on the issue?

This is my macro that i post at the start of EVERY heroic i tank:P

/party "Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility for you over-aggroing and dying, so please watch your threat, dont AoE before i even start attacking a pack, because i will NOT spend my time running after stray mobs to save you. Thank You"

has worked so far

Well obviously people are used to run PUGs with palatanks

If someone "not a tank" pulls .. then they should just keep the aggro, always

I have a DK tank myself - If someone elses pulls something then i dont stress out to taunt it off or something, and neither should anyone else

Tanks pull .. the end

Quote Originally Posted by Dereandor
    This is my macro that i post at the start of EVERY heroic i tank:P

/party "Disclaimer: I do not take responsibility for you over-aggroing and dying, so please watch your threat, dont AoE before i even start attacking a pack, because i will NOT spend my time running after stray mobs to save you. Thank You"

has worked so far
    Nice macro, but don't you think it's sad this is what it's come to?
    I do my job just fine and I think it's shameful that I have to look like a baddie to keep people from not being retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzorz
    Well obviously people are used to run PUGs with palatanks
    I am a pally tank(druid too) and even while I'm chain pulling to always have 2-3 pulls on me and every so often someone STILL goes to pull more.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz
    its the a online game you shitter, you have to deal with retards every day. stop crying bye
    Again, trolls not welcome.
    It's not as much QQ as it is a message to idiot dps.
    stop trolling bye

Shut up, be quiet and put your DnD down you bad tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    My guess is he found his long lost love, Bloodelfhntr, right behind those walls. They then flew to San Francisco where they got married, adopted two children that they named Legolas and Sephiroth, and lived happily ever after.

Pull faster by yourself.. This satisfies them

If anyone pulls on purpose then since I always group with my healer friend on my tank, we just let them die.

The only time I drift from the beaten path is when there is a caster outside of the consecrate or DnD, i'll go engage them to help prevent healer agro on that mob. Shit happens, I just try to prevent that. Chain heal when at 4-5 mal stacks if needed.

Unfortunately, the tank leaving the party doesn't kill the party, it puts them at the top of the queue for a new one. I've been in some bad parties, just vote kick those asshole dpsers or "go" healers, especially if the rest of the group is solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Either you pull too slow or the people you're grouping with are just terribad players, they should be busy dpsing instead of pulling trashpacks if you already have 3 rooms on you.

this is best in HoS when someone decides to aggro extra group of casters... awesome runing around to grab aggro on all mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    The only time I drift from the beaten path is when there is a caster outside of the consecrate or DnD, i'll go engage them to help prevent healer agro on that mob. Shit happens, I just try to prevent that. Chain heal when at 4-5 mal stacks if needed.

Unfortunately, the tank leaving the party doesn't kill the party, it puts them at the top of the queue for a new one. I've been in some bad parties, just vote kick those asshole dpsers or "go" healers, especially if the rest of the group is solid.
    To be honest, I don't want to have to wait to replace the fail people. As a tank I get instant que to any specific dungeon I want, so in a way I'm too spoiled to put up with baddies. Especially when they have no respect. xD

Doesn't really happen in the pugs I tank on my battlegroup but I can see why it would be annoying. I've had people saying "just go" at Utgarde Pinnacle 1st boss while waiting for the lich king to go and the boss to become attackable.... as if I can make it go any faster.

I generally pull 1 full pack and maybe a couple of extra nearby patrol mobs at a time. I'll start moving towards the next pack when the stuff i'm tanking is almost dead... an average size heroic like nexus or Utgarde takes 15-20 mins. If that isn't good enough for people and they want to take risks for a 2-3 min faster run and then die it's their problem and if they complain then good luck to them finding a new tank while I jump straight into another group.

The only time I get impatient with tanks is when they stop to ask "ready?" before every pack even when the healer has practically full mana.

As a tank you really can't win sometimes though.... For example I got pit of saron as my random heroic today on my warrior. All buffs were done and everyone was on full mana, nobody had said they weren't ready. I started to walk backwards slowly to the 1st mob to encourage people to follow me. Most did so I pulled the 1st mob. After we killed it the resto druid goes "you didn't ask if I was ready", then says "BYE :P". I really don't get it.

I've also had someone in my guild saying they got asked to pull faster in a heroic. Then 5 mins later the same person says they are going too fast.... You can't win.

"If you pull it, you tank it"
    Iv had people leave because of that, but they are no problem to replace.

No matter how geared they are, i wont give a shit, if they pull a pack i will ignore it, moving on to the next one and leave em to die. when the go all (//_-) after i just tell em that "I usualy spend 2 sec in que to get a new group, so i cba to play with shit players. Follow my rule or tank yourself, i dont care, i dont need to spend 10mins in que each time."

Either they shut their yappers or they leave, and usualy, its np to replace em.

And like others. ppl dont get 2nd chanses with me. i get a new grp in notime.

Started leveling a tank recently with dungeon runs and due to the fact of annoying gits pulling extra mobs I have a macro which gets said at the start of every instance.

/party Hi guys, the main rule of this run is 'You pull it, You tank it.'
    Prince Liam shanks Forsaken with a broken bottle?!!! Royal House of Greymane FTW!!!

yep i know what u mean , im a dk tank to and some dps find it funny to pull all packs and expect me to be a hero and just aoe taunt them (haha) and than when they die. they call me shit tank and everything, i even once got vote kicked i laughed my ass of tho, had an instantly que after and had a imba grp.