Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: SUBSCRIBERS? still 11 million??

The 1.25 pence a day was incorporating the average cost of internet in britain as well as the monthly cost of wow itself

Pretty sure on average the internet for us is around 25 (ish) GBP a month add that to the 8 of blizzard is around 1.10 a day give or take some.

I was just trying to make the point that when yo do incorporate the real cost of playing it adds up and in this economic climate were in not all people can afford it. but its still cheaper than going out for sure.

As i said with the economic downturn over the last year it would not suprise me that the game has lost a few more than it has gained this year every business in the world is seeing a slight dip in its consumer base and blizzard im sure are no different.The issue with China hasnt helped either but im sure that will get sorted soon.

Subscribers are growing 2 million in a year.
    It's funny to think that wow is dying.
    I think that Blizzard is just getting started

Quote Originally Posted by GREENTHUNDER
    11 million minus all the people who has been quitting since WotLK didn't work out quit well.
    wotlk isnt bad... only hardcore players say that.. wich are like 10% of the whole wow community, and its not all the hardcore players its only the ones that only want to bitch about everything specially about others getting gear.... because the game is as hard as it was before, but people look at it like they did in TBC and vanilla... THIS IS WOTLK FFS! :O

wotlk was made to please casual players and hardcore players at he same tim, believe me there are more people coming than leaving......
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Reasons why is less than 11 million?

Because WOW balances mostly around Arena
    Seriously...what?

2) I don't see new people buying the game.
    Not suprised as most people dont stand around in game stores all day watching what people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

Quote Originally Posted by huth
    8/30=1.15? I think you made a mistake there.
    in some places its more expensive....

in portugal its 12.99€ each month wich is equal to 11.7 pounds /18 dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Free MMO's might suck, but WoW doesnt even come close to Maple story for number of subscribers. Maple Story has over 100 million players making it the most popular MMO ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MapleStory
    Funny thing is even I subscribed to maple story, but I never played it--It being free means people can subscribe but it doesnt mean people will play it after. I was just like. "Nah...I think im going to go do some dailieso on Wow"

10+ Year Old Account

I'm quite curious if that 12.5 million figure is correct, it was brought up in an earlier post tho I can't quote it because I'm typing this from my iPod. I'm sure you all saw it tho. Anyway it is true that the subscription numbers don't really matter if you love the game, but I like to hear about wow doing well for the same reason I like to see the new England patriots win. I'll still love them if they lose but I'd rather see them do well.
    The other reason is that I don't intend to quite wow any time soon and I like re-assurance that it'll be here for as long as I still need it as an outlet.
    I'm positive that many of you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin
    I'm quite curious if that 12.5 million figure is correct, it was brought up in an earlier post tho I can't quote it because I'm typing this from my iPod. I'm sure you all saw it tho. Anyway it is true that the subscription numbers don't really matter if you love the game, but I like to hear about wow doing well for the same reason I like to see the new England patriots win. I'll still love them if they lose but I'd rather see them do well.
    The other reason is that I don't intend to quite wow any time soon and I like re-assurance that it'll be here for as long as I still need it as an outlet.
    I'm positive that many of you agree.
    WoW is not going anywhere for at the very least 3 years - They will try to push it for a 10 year cycle im sure so maybe even another 5 .. wether or not something comes out to take over it .. not a chance .. will other mmo's come out and take some of the player base .. of course thats life.

Im pretty sure wow will lose a small chunk of players to blizzards very own starcraft 2 which looks mouthwateringly awsome.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Immadk
    lol wut majority going to free mmo...gl with them, just try you will know what's wrong with them.
    Aion is epic failure anyway just go check their forums/fan sites.

WoW is and will be major premium MMO outhere till they release another mmo in next 2-3yrs.

people who left wow are mostly don;t have spark anymore to play games or scrubs/failures who left to other mmo's.
    Hello. I am top DPS in any raid I set foot in, with most pugs. I'm probably going to take a 3-4 month break from WoW until Cata comes because WOTLK simply isn't worth it for me anymore. Also, I just got hooked on playing Borderlands / Modern Warfare 2 which are both fun games. Does this make me a scrub? Troll harder.

WoW is still a fun game, but i can only play 4 hours a week because of easy content, gate system, limited tries and everything getting nerfed to 10 minute grinds/farming. There is just not enough to do anymore. The only thing i can do now is farm ICC 10 and 25. Yes, farm. Not progress, wich is actually fun.

The only things that make me stay is that i am in a really nice guild now and i am waiting for new content and hoping it will be fun. My friends all quit or play once a week so i will probably never be online at the same time as them.

p.s. I bought Borderlands yesterday. Very cool game. Some MMO aspects in there with the skillpoints, talents and leveling. RPS ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodi
    Im pretty sure wow will lose a small chunk of players to blizzards very own starcraft 2 which looks mouthwateringly awsome.
    Diablo 3 will most likely snag some subs as well.

I've played wow since US open beta and through whole vanilla I used the 6 month sub option. Since BC launched however, I have been on and off from WoW. To me it always felt like a very vital part of WoW died when the dark portal was opened. It's a better game today, it's more polished, better looking, better content and whatnot, but the feel from vanilla is long gone. The only reason i'm still here is because I have not upgraded my computer in several years and I can't play new and better games. :P

Most people I raided hardcore with in vanilla went the same route I did when BC launched, playing halfassed casually on and off for a few months, getting tired and quitting for a few months or even up to a year and then getting back for a few months again, and so on.

I honestly think WoW is close to it's peak right now. I think cataclysm has a lot of potential, the most important one being dragging oldschoolers back because it might be able to revive the vanilla feel we all knew and loved. After cata I think the game will start a slow decline though, WoW probably has quite a few years left, but peak subscriber numbers are either behind us or just ahead of us with cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bender
    Diablo 3 will most likely snag some subs as well.
    Blizz = greedy! Hehehehehe
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Bender
    I honestly think WoW is close to it's peak right now. I think cataclysm has a lot of potential, the most important one being dragging oldschoolers back because it might be able to revive the vanilla feel we all knew and loved. After cata I think the game will start a slow decline though, WoW probably has quite a few years left, but peak subscriber numbers are either behind us or just ahead of us with cataclysm.
    You think to much. And what vanilla feel? Your chosen class and spec being woefully inadequate at what it is doing and there being next to no gear for it, so you barely have anything to look forward to?

What you are talking about is nostalgia. Nothing is ever going to live up to that, because even reality wasn't all that great. It's all in your head.