Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Does anybody actually like WotLK?

Quote Originally Posted by Eel

No one is crying here, I'm definately not. Since when is defending yourself and your beliefs crying?
    Ur a sad little man.

And i really love WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most articles say that China actually made up more than 50% of all WoW players.
    I'd not actually be too surprised if 50% of wow players were made up by blizzard worldwide. Most of them are probably bots, or at least they have iq of a bot. And a very badly programmed one.

Agreed Sureplay, what is also rather intresting is that if they made the content harder people would spend a longer time on them instead of farming same instance for 3 months before next instance was released, If it was harder people would be able to spend a longer time in the same instance before being bored out of their skulls allowing Blizzard to get plenty of time to make sure the next instance is even better instead of panic rushing things tossing us horrible content to keep us busy while they finnish icc (read Totc)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemge
    Right, so I know this thread isnt about casuals and baddies to start with but I feelt I really had to step in and back Eel up regarding some points.

First of all what annoys us "elitest" people is not the fact that there is people that does not have as much experience and knowledge about the game, its the fact that they dont give a fuck.

The other day my brother who is here on a visit (he havent played wow for 3 years and only played social in vanilla and levled a few chars to around 30-40) asked me how you could tell the good and bad players appart since there is so many guides and info on how the game works on the internet.
    All I could tell him was "You would think so, huh?"

People here who claims "I have a real life I dont have time for this and that" well you are just full of it since you obviously have time to sit here on this forum and chat about it.

You could do us all a favor, take 10 minutes of your forum whine time and put it into constructive reading regarding your class on one of the 7000 pages that provides decent info instead. After that you wouldnt be labeld bad, sure you wont be an amazing player just from that but it would certainly remove the "scrub" stamp from your forhead.

Or even, this is gonna suprise alot of people im sure but... open your spellbook, read carefully on each and every spell you have what it does, if you have half a braincell you should quite easily figure out what spell to use when and how to use spells together as it pretty much says in the tooltip.

For example.
    Shield Block: Increases your chance to block and block value by 100% for 10 sec.
    Shield Slam: Slam the target with your shield, causing 990 to 1040 damage, modified by your shield block value, and dispels 1 magic effect on the target. Also causes a high amount of threat.

Quite obvious that using Shield block before Shield Slam will cause its damage to be increased, no?
    Also in above mentioned example "and dispels 1 magic effect on the target" I wanna bet that there is a ton of people that didnt bother to read that part of the spell which is just sad its so easy to understand and learn how things work and still so many are clueless.

So ofc people are gonna call you bad, scrub, noob, idiot etc etc if you dont know thoose things because honesly you gotta be really fucking dumb if you cant even read the text on your screen and add 1 in 1.

Anyhow to the topic, I have been playing World of Warcraft since sometime after Molten Core release and played all the expansions so far.

Everyone are entitled to their own opinion regarding which expansion you personally liked the best. there is no right or wrong when it comes to personal oppinion. thats like saying Pepsi taste better than Coke, sure you might think so but it doesnt make it true for everyone.

And I feel that I gotta add that in my opinion Totc was the worst raid instance ever released, big love for everyone who agrees with me on that point.

In vanilla the feeling of accomplishment was way higher than it is today, its not about the loot for me atleast but the feeling of finally taking a boss down after weeks or even months of wiping (Hello C'thun <3) just isnt there anymore. In vanilla top guilds didnt go in and kill every boss within 2 days even they struggled for a while (No I have never been in any of the top guilds myself). Lately any new boss will be brought down within hours of being live and it just ruins the epicness of the fight. Back in the days bosses could feel immortal for weeks until some guild finally got it down and the whole wow community went WOOAH did you hear? someone finally managed to get him down it is possible! Then you knew that you could also one day get the chance to do the same. Now if a guild kill Twin Valkyres hardmode (when it was new obviously) there is no such feeling since you know that you will kill them yourself very soon and there aint no doubt about it.

Im glad there is a more social aspect to wow, there should be in Mmorpgs else you might aswell play single player, but some of the systems are just so pathetic.

Mainly the latest daily random heroic system with 2 emblems of frost rewards, it pretty much forces the more hardcore players to go back to heroics they have no interest in to get access to the items they want, and why? because the horrible players needs help to even manage heroics. I havent read the info myself about it but I was told that the system would somehow remotely pair people up with around an equal gear level, if thats true I belive it to be a lie from Blizzards side as I havent gotten into a group with a single random using any totgc 25 heroic gear or better while wearing mainly 258+ gear myself.

I know the low geared people get happy when they get an amazingly geared tank or healer in their group, which is good but I would think that people would atleast return the favor and not play like shit when they are there helping them. Im a tank myself and I cannot figure out how I end up doing more damage than full emblem of triumph geared dpsers and that's where the emblem system fails, it allows people to get decent gear but with no requirment that they have any idea wtf to use it for. So I have no problem with people getting easy access to gear I have a problem with people that doesnt give a fuck about others than themself, sure I might seem sellfish but if you where in my shoes and you had to help people (being nice) and you get nothing but dissrespect back you would be annoyed aswell.

So as I mentioned in vanilla you got a sence of accomplishment when you downed a new boss, today the only way to get something like that is to do some hard raiding achievments. And that is another story, thoose of you who are/have been raid leaders and/or Guild Masters in a PvE oriented guild will understand my frustration with achievments.
    As a GM/RL you want to do whats best for your guild both progress wise but also to keep the members of the guild happy, now the problem is that achievment system splits the player base into three groups.

Grp 1. Wants to do every single achievment more than anything.
    Grp 2. Thinks achievments are quite nice and dont mind doing them but dont think its a big deal if you dont either.
    Grp 3. Hates them and see no point in spending time wiping to get 10 more points.

So what do you do in that situation? Piss grp 1 or grp 3 off? Because you are bound to do either causing drama and frustration, I've learned to live with is as a part of the game but its a contributing factor as to why Vanilla and TBC was a more enjoyable raiding enviroment for me.
    Lets see, BACK IN THE DAY U DIDNT HAVE PTR, DBM, HEALBOT and every other ADDON that makes ur life easier, BACK IN THE DAY KILLING A BOSS MENT SOMETHING CAUSE U DIDNT KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE FIGHT BEFORE THE PATCH WENT LIVE SO YEA PTR KINDA takes that feeling ur looking for. all guilds require u to use dbm and even with that people still die to fire,voidzones and all that crap take away their dbm and they cant even down 1 boss. so dont come here saying all that bull u just said about the feeling of killing something.

on the other hand i do give u points for telling people to read their speels and character guides on the net, its sad when u see people on t9 and 232 gear and all they can do is pull 2k dps, people using healbot and they cant heal even if they had a gun pointed on their head.

on topic i do like WOTLK sure somethings are easy to get like the t9 set after i worked hard to get mine but on the other hand i like it cause i can get my alts ready sooner, so its a win win for me. Lore wise wrath was the best of all 3 games. butwho cares about that 90% of the player dont even read the lore.

15+ Year Old Account

@superplay:
    bt was pre-last dungeon and was cleared in 2 weeks.
    uld was pre-pre-last dungeon and was cleared nearby the same.

there are no challenge? yogg +0 took months longer than KJ took after his release and even M'uru pre-nerfed.

The only content that stumped most players in Vanilla was Naxx and the later half of AQ40.
    The only content that stumped players in TBC was Sunwell.
    sunwell and naxx were last dungeons in tbc/vanilla. the last dungeon of WotLK is not even released at normal-mode. icc25heroic is supposed to match sunwell/naxx level.

later half of AQ40 was pre-last dungeon of vanilla. ToGC is pre-last dungeon of WotLK. Anub25hc stumped most players too.

in your post you are comparing last bosses of latest dungeons of tbc/vanilla to first bosses of not-last dungeon of WotLK (ICC25hc>yogg25+0>togc>uld25hc> uld25normal+toc25+icc25). that's like to say that all the cars and mechanisms of 21 century are crap comparing to the 20century ones, because Volkswagen golf is not faster than Mikoyan MiG-3.

p.s. lorewise WotLK is the best. you can not rate WotLK by encounters difficulty while the last patch and it's hardmodes are not even released, but even such encounters as yogg+0 or anub25hc make WotLK at least not worse than tbc/vanilla.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Quote Originally Posted by shamblingswarm
    Lets see, BACK IN THE DAY U DIDNT HAVE PTR, DBM, HEALBOT and every other ADDON that makes ur life easier, BACK IN THE DAY KILLING A BOSS MENT SOMETHING CAUSE U DIDNT KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THE FIGHT BEFORE THE PATCH WENT LIVE SO YEA PTR KINDA takes that feeling ur looking for. all guilds require u to use dbm and even with that people still die to fire,voidzones and all that crap take away their dbm and they cant even down 1 boss. so dont come here saying all that bull u just said about the feeling of killing something.

on the other hand i do give u points for telling people to read their speels and character guides on the net, its sad when u see people on t9 and 232 gear and all they can do is pull 2k dps, people using healbot and they cant heal even if they had a gun pointed on their head.

on topic i do like WOTLK sure somethings are easy to get like the t9 set after i worked hard to get mine but on the other hand i like it cause i can get my alts ready sooner, so its a win win for me. Lore wise wrath was the best of all 3 games. butwho cares about that 90% of the player dont even read the lore.
    Had all of the above, in different names/versions.

I love people trying to tell me vanilla/TBC was harder. Anybody who really knows this game knows that the only thing that made this game hard before was logistics and not the actual encounter. It was having to organize 40 people (never really mattered who, lots of times you could have 8-9 people the same class)in vanilla or in TBC having the specific classes for certain fights/content or you would fail no matter how good you were. Not being able to do certain fights because some new members of your guild weren't attuned yet and what not.

Think back real hard and you'll see the game is a lot better and fun than before. As for challenge Yogg 25, Anub Heroic and many of these achievements provide both challenges and some nice rewards. TBH I've been playing this game for 4 years, i can't think of another game in my life i played for 4 years. They are doing something right. 11 million, 6 million, 2 million, doesn't matter either way, that you still have this many players still playing this game after all these years shows they make an awesome game.

Lore wise wrath was the best of all 3 games.

I almost die laughing when i was doing Halls of Reflections first time.
    Yea... lore...
    aahhahahahahahaha