Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: How to learn from World of logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Apra
    Wow, I love this thread. So much great advice, thanks!

I did a better job at MT uptime and LS uptime and pulled 7200ish on DBS. I'm going to move LS up, as you recommended Levva, but rather than waiting last night for it to show up on SAA I just went ahead and refreshed it every time it dropped. I'm still kind of shy about using FN on DBS because it always seems to come up in the rotation just before or just after the blood beasts spawn.
    You shouldn't worry about Fire Nova. The adds have a buff on them that makes them reduce ae damage by 90% so they will only take 10% damage from a fire nova. That means very little damage and very little threat.

How do Unleashed Rage and Trueshot aura work? Does one overwrite the other? I'm noticing in our log we have like 19.2% uptime on UR and 78.?% uptime on Trueshot Aura and 2.2% on Abom. Might. So can I assume we've got pretty 100% coverage on this attack power buff?

Here's the log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6640&e=7099

Quote Originally Posted by Apra
    How do Unleashed Rage and Trueshot aura work? Does one overwrite the other? I'm noticing in our log we have like 19.2% uptime on UR and 78.?% uptime on Trueshot Aura and 2.2% on Abom. Might. So can I assume we've got pretty 100% coverage on this attack power buff?

Here's the log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6640&e=7099
    Generally which ever one gets up first stays up until it expires with out refreshing. Then which ever one gets in next takes over and stays up until it runs out again.

Thanks, I was hoping it'd be something like that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr
    Be certain that you are not just looking at your dps vs. another dps, but also the raid dps as a whole.
    This one deserves a bump imho. I'm sure there are many others too that have hitted a brick wall when it comes to personal dps.
    The point where you have done everything you can think of and still aren´t close enough to "that-other-player-of-your-class-and-spec"..

Bosses have static hitpoints, meaning every guild out there is trying to do the exact amount of damage to get that boss down.
    The greatest difference comes in time that it took to get it down.

Therefore one of the most useful features of combatlogs is comparing myself to someone else with the same spec. I'm sure you already know someone
    you can use in comparison. Check his/her armory to make sure he/she has about the same gear as you, check his/her talents.
    Then compare the percentages and rotations. See if you two are using same spells. See if the percentage of the usage is about the same.
    See if the amount of spells cast makes sense considering the length of the fight.
    Does he/she crit more often.. whatever differences you find, ask yourself why is that so? etc.

One of the reasons I hate pasting / bragging with dps is the fact that a "chain is only as strong as it's weakest link". If even one person in your raid
    is performing sub-optimally, it has an effect on your dps too, no matter how hard you try.

"I am smiling. I am perky. I am the girl scout on your front porch offering cookies for money.
    I am your biscuit prostitute. I hope our transaction is savory."

I've actually written a little parser to parse the debuffs on the boss from WoL's and compare it to a list of debuffs from Rawr and EnhSim. I'm finding we don't have coverage on a number of things.

Next I'm going to do the same with buffs. My only concern is that WoL doesn't show totem buffs.

Lots of great information already given in this thread (thank you to the op and contributors).

Just glancing at the healing, you guys might consider running with five; if that resto shaman has an elemental offset you'd get more dps on the adds and a convenient knockback if he/she is willing to run unglyphed. DBS has very low hps requirements but hefty ranged burst demand, and it doesn't appear that your healers were straining until the end when the shaman is actually contributing the least.