Binding/Macro Silencing Shot - MM

I have been looking into macro notes over and over again looking for a way to bind/macro SilShot to all castable abilities I use in raid to increase dps. If someone could just help me out reguarding that, it would be super nice and I could start bringing more heat than I do! Thanks!

Re: Binding/Macro Silencing Shot - MM

/cast aimed shot
    /cast silenceing shot

/cast arcane shot
    /cast silenceing shot

just 2 examples

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

You can basically bind it with any instant ability you have, since it doesnt share GCD...

You haven't looked hard enough.

Can you only macro it with instant casts or can it be used for things such as Steady? Just curious.

It won't let you cast a shot/ability in the middle of an actual spell-cast. Maybe if you put silencing first then steady, but youre better off with just having it on your instants. Same for kill command.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirahadori
    It won't let you cast a shot/ability in the middle of an actual spell-cast. Maybe if you put silencing first then steady, but youre better off with just having it on your instants. Same for kill command.
    silenceing shot is off the gcd so u can macro it w/ any spell

#showtooltip steadyshot
    /cast steadyshot
    /cast silenceing shot

it will channel steady shot and once fired will immediatly fire silenceing shot fast enough to give the impression u just fired the shots at the same time

or you could reverse the order so silencing shot goes off first...meaning you have to wait less time before it comes back up...

I don't see why everyone puts silencing shot 2nd in line.

#showtooltip Chimera Shot
    /cast Silencing Shot
    /cast Chimera Shot

and that on steady, multi and aimed aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    dunno bout others but i do it just because SS has a 20 sec cd where else CS only has 10 sec not sure if that rly matters but its just my prefrence i know in the pass i had issues where a macro wld just stop if 1 of the spells was on cd b4 1 that wasnt

to explain what i mean is that say i used ur macro i had issues b4 where it wld have just poped up a message saying that spell is not rdy yet and than do nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinni
    It's not everyone, just him. And you really should put it first.

And he can't spell "silencing". It won't cast if you put the "e" in it, man.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudiroth
    i had issues b4 where it wld have just poped up a message saying that spell is not rdy yet and than do nothing else
    Then just un/re-register the error for that macro. You'll get the benefit of using the correct macro and also not being annoyed by the not ready error message.

And it does cast it, even if it's on cooldown.

Don't bind it to ur shots, just fire when it's off cd -.-
    and if on fights where interrupt is needed, u save it for that
    we MM's don't have enough buttons to push as it is, so stop slaXx :P

Quote Originally Posted by Archeraz
    Don't bind it to ur shots, just fire when it's off cd -.-
    and if on fights where interrupt is needed, u save it for that
    we MM's don't have enough buttons to push as it is, so stop slaXx :P
    Or you could bind it to your shots so you don't even have to worry about it.

Nothing in any PvE encounter right now (not even FC, unless you're doing heroic) requires Silencing Shot.

If you want to PvP, just unbind it and use it separately. There is no reason to make life harder for you in PvE though.