Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stats Changes, Masteries, Terrain Phasing

And the game gets harder to distinguish scrubs i mean we give tier from badges and now we give them only 1 gem choice. Soon items will come fully enchanted for the different classes.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Looks awesome.

Deleted

I wonder how they will do the passive talent bonuses on death knights. Seeing as you can tank/dps in any talent tree. I hope they don't give up on that idea and just make a "prot" talent tree to replace one of those .

Quote Originally Posted by Noxic
    I wonder how they will do the passive talent bonuses on death knights. Seeing as you can tank/dps in any talent tree. I hope they don't give up on that idea and just make a "prot" talent tree to replace one of those .
    they already said that wont happen so lets see what they have planned
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&cn=Haesten

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

* Block: Block Value is being removed. Blocking will now always mitigate a percentage of damage.
    I really don't like the sound of that. I'm certain it's beneficial for high-end raids, but I liked being able to Block whole hits from, say, 5man bosses on my tank, when Shield Block was up. Blocking up to 6600 damage per hit for 10 sec.
    Would be dull if I always blocked 50% of hits, which also makes Block worse for trash and levelling...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

* Stamina: Players will notice more Stamina on gear as Defense, Spell Power, Attack Power and Armor Penetration are removed.
    What can I say. As a prot warrior, AWESOME!
    As a PvPer, AWESOME! Obviously they realized the mistake of not buffing health more, while damage just kept getting higher and higher.
    Could refer to my warlock, saw a Death Knight with, meh, about 26-27k health, killed her with a Immolate, Shadowfury (instant stun, after immolate hit), Conflagrate and a Chaos Bolt.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xendrie
    they already said that wont happen so lets see what they have planned
    Let's hope for deff cap dps talent trees

Fun how people can turn threads into their own qq topic.

Anyway, looking forward to a Raiding Mastery skill! (That helps you move from fires and dodge projectiles) :>

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yodaddy
    Fun how people can turn threads into their own qq topic.

Anyway, looking forward to a Raiding Mastery skill! (That helps you move from fires and dodge projectiles) :>
    It only improves what you can already do :P So most of the games population wont get that mastery lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Cant wait for Cata. Though the stat simplifications kind of irk me.

anyone else excited about the stam increase?

though major fail dumbing down all the stats, part of the appeal to this game is maximising and balancing your numbers.

The santa claus orc is so going as my wallpaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

I really like the changes happening in Catacylsm, and the phasing, oh the phasing.

I am a complete lore nerd, phasing totally helps the game come alive for me, like the quest in dragonblight when you save a bunch of citizens and they go back to work, and you see them all in the inn.

I think terrain phasing will only add to the fun tenfold!

I'm quite interested in having to relearn the hunter class, seeing how I've been maining this hunter of mine since WoW's first year. Though I'm also rolling a worgen rogue along with it so I have 2 classes with similar resource system.
    Also, yay! My Archimonde christmas card won something

Paladin

* Holy - +% Healing, +% Spell Crit, +% Crit Heal
    * Protection - -% Damage Taken, +% Health, +% Block Amount
    * Retribution - +% Melee Damage, + Melee Crit, -% Ability Cooldown
    I really can't see how the Mastery system encourages diversity on hybrids if they don't put more thought into the system. There is absolutely no synergy between those trees.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

A complete overhaul of all the basics we know at the same time...
    Thats gonna be great for balance:P

Quote Originally Posted by Barook
    I really can't see how the Mastery system encourages diversity on hybrids if they don't put more thought into the system. There is absolutely no synergy between those trees.
    Keep in mind the talent trees will be getting their biggest redesign since the game launched. Masteries aren't just out of the blue in addition to existing talents, they're *replacing* the passive talents altogether. All talents will do something "special" rather than just "increases your mojo by eleventy percent".

It's meant to, ultimately, remove cookie-cutter specing, because each choice should be a matter of playstyle and personal preference/interest, not a matter of giving up some of the main thing you do in order to do some side thing. It's just picking up a side thing "for free". The main thing improves with each point spent regardless.

It'll all depend on how well they implement it, of course, but the *idea* behind it is sound. The devil's in the details, as they say, and hopefully we'll start getting some of those details when the alpha starts and the leaks begin.

i don't think it will be very attracting but we'll see..

imagine ppl running around with 3k intellect or even more...

as i said before we'll see...

damn, that lich king artwork is my new desktop background :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

Dumb the game down even more. As if the stats werent simple enough already. Guess we'll go back to vanilla and start stacing up only one stat depending on what you do.

How long will it take uintil there will be only one stat per class ? "Meele damage" for people who DPS as meele. "Tank points" for tanks, the more you have the better you are. "Spell damage" Get loads of this, dont get meele because its only for meele people. "Heal points" if you are an healer, get lots of this. Then of course they would only have to do four item sets, each one having different color! Ow neat.

Well, guess casuals are finally going to understand the complicated game mechanism.. what ? they do already? well atleast the developers will have to spend less time working on patches and balancing the game. Yeah, thats sounds about right

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Quote Originally Posted by Heppu
    Dumb the game down even more. As if the stats werent simple enough already. Guess we'll go back to vanilla and start stacing up only one stat depending on what you do.

How long will it take uintil there will be only one stat per class ? "Meele damage" for people who DPS as meele. "Tank points" for tanks, the more you have the better you are. "Spell damage" Get loads of this, dont get meele because its only for meele people. "Heal points" if you are an healer, get lots of this. Then of course they would only have to do four item sets, each one having different color! Ow neat.

Well, guess casuals are finally going to understand the complicated game mechanism.. what ? they do already? well atleast the developers will have to spend less time working on patches and balancing the game. Yeah, thats sounds about right
    How long will it take until people stop crying about something they don't really care about?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.