Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stats Changes, Masteries, Terrain Phasing

well, since hunters are gonna get focus and shamans are supposed to get spirit, i wonder how majorly fucked up shaman itemization will be... enhas either no longer sharing all loot with hunters = more QQ about 1 spec items OR they will share same items, but will be way weaker, unless blizzard also reworks completely how enha works. ans ele and resto with spirit? well it might help eles o get some decent gear without waiting for 3 drops in whole instance, but i already see lots of clothies QQing about "shamen stole my gearz!!11" And it didnt solve holy pala "gear for only one spec" question at all, paladins will want cloths, too, since now those will be worth it even more, yet they will have their unique gear noone can take fom them.

talent tree bonuses pretty cool (tho it might discourage hybrid dps to specc few points in off trees, if bonuses from main one will be superior to those minor talents from off trees...), phasing pretty cool, warlocks no longer needing loads of shards cool, overall meh.

The new stats are quite simple, and I like them.

The three main stats: Strength, Agility and Intelligence. Depending on your class and spec, one of these is going to improve your damage. Just like in warcraft 3.

The role-specific stats: hit, spirit, dodge/parry. For dpsers, healers and tanks respective. These improve your role; allowing dpsers to not miss, healers to regen more mana and last longer, and tanks to take less damage.

Then we have stamina, armor and magic resistances, which everyone want a little of depending on the situation; tanks significantly more than others.

And we have the metastats, which improve you indirectly: haste, crit and mastery. Everyone will want these.

--

As a healer, I'm worried that int will be too good. If int gives us regen, larger manapool, "spellpower" and some crit, why the hell do we want spirit anyway? Agility is also very powerful, granting dodge, "attackpower", hit and armor. Strength, in comparison, only offers damage. We'll see what happens; I'm rather positive that some of the side benefits from the main stat will be eliminated.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

what system will be in place for hunters and enh shamans to discourage themfrom rolling on leather gear for rogues/feral droods? same with healers taking lower gear cause it's pretty much the same stats...

man everything on my drood is gonna get stolen...
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_gonzo
    this thread looks just like my earth shield
    poop that goes around and around and around.....

This will make the game a lot more fun and enjoyable beecause you won't have to worry about prioritizing all that stat crap in the end game content, even pvp.
    Never pick a fight with someone who has nothing to lose.

World of Warcraft: Stataclysm

It's just a cover. He most likely won't even be in ICC -_-
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

Deleted

What about HITrating?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Moaradin
    It's just a cover. He most likely won't even be in ICC -_-
    And you should spit ur fantasy game frustration elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Talauriel
    what system will be in place for hunters and enh shamans to discourage themfrom rolling on leather gear for rogues/feral droods? same with healers taking lower gear cause it's pretty much the same stats...

man everything on my drood is gonna get stolen...
    LFD uses Need before Greed, so it won't be possible. In raids, just hope your leader has senses.

As a warlock, all this stat changing will do is replace spellpower with intelect, spirit with mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash
    I love all these stat changes. The only thing I'd love to see them do would be to take the AP change and say that plate wearers get 100% AP from strength/50% AP from agility, and leather/mail get 100% AP from agility/50% AP from strength. That way, while you still may get *some* plate wearers wearing leather/mail, you won't see it as much. Where it would really pay off would be that plate wearers could benefit more from agility weapons and leather/mail wearers from strength weapons -- particularly 2H maces and axes for druids or hunters, for instance.

Jewelcrafting will have to change a lot in the new stats, I think -- I'd like to see epic quality gems that add base stats and, say, procs of some kind in lieu of the ratings.
    With the introduction of Reforging this is essentially how it will work anyway, as you could Reforge the Agility into Strength but doing so reduces the stat by 50%. (If I remember correctly it reduces it by half) I believe they are reducing it by that much and only allowing you to reforge one stat per item in order to avoid a situation where one piece of gear that you would normally avoid is BiS if reforged correctly, but this is just my own speculation based on the way they are reworking the stats and the reasons thy give for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash
    I love all these stat changes. The only thing I'd love to see them do would be to take the AP change and say that plate wearers get 100% AP from strength/50% AP from agility, and leather/mail get 100% AP from agility/50% AP from strength. That way, while you still may get *some* plate wearers wearing leather/mail, you won't see it as much. Where it would really pay off would be that plate wearers could benefit more from agility weapons and leather/mail wearers from strength weapons -- particularly 2H maces and axes for druids or hunters, for instance.

Jewelcrafting will have to change a lot in the new stats, I think -- I'd like to see epic quality gems that add base stats and, say, procs of some kind in lieu of the ratings.
    Are you really really really sure you didn't notice how stupid this would be? If that is not enough for you to take a notice here goes. Do you ever see str in leather/mail/cloth gear? Can hunter/shaman/rogue/druid wear plate?

If you can answer those you will get your answer.

Expertise is the most frustrating thing to gear around. When its below the cap its the best stat after hit. But once you're capped and a new item drops with expertise can be an upgrade if you swap 3 other pieces of gear around. It be nice if we had no caps then when an upgrade comes we can just use it without having to move old gear around.

Also blizzard doesn't want plate wearers using leather. So they want leather to just have agility so it sucks for a plate wearer.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin
    Expertise is the most frustrating thing to gear around. When its below the cap its the best stat after hit. But once you're capped and a new item drops with expertise can be an upgrade if you swap 3 other pieces of gear around. It be nice if we had no caps then when an upgrade comes we can just use it without having to move old gear around.

Also blizzard doesn't want plate wearers using leather. So they want leather to just have agility so it sucks for a plate wearer.
    i must say im going to enjoy not seeing every plate drop ever have agility.
    i like my master race str stat on plate.
    i dont even see how DKs, warrs and pallys need to be AGILE in the first place.
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    I REALLY don't understand why people say they're dumbing down the game. They're just going back to the vanilla roots.

BC was the game that introduced a bunch of side stats (ArP, haste, etc).

Vanilla just had few simple tanking stats, few simple melee, few simple casting.
    I am going to quote this twice because some people don't want to bother to read a news post

I REALLY don't understand why people say they're dumbing down the game. They're just going back to the vanilla roots.

Vanilla just had few simple tanking stats, few simple melee, few simple casting.
    2nd quote done.

No more SP? No more Def needed... It's apparently to hard to hit deff cap for people, or to mathy for ArP? Good job Blizzard on killing the game in 1 swift expansion... Afk face rolling Content.

Sig by Visenna

Also can you take out er Fire, Whirlwinds and make bosses 100% critable? I heard casuals said Marrowgar was hard >_>

Sig by Visenna

Quote Originally Posted by Mipey
    Let's see... two new races, check. Each race being able to roll any class, check. It seems you will be waiting for a long, long, long time, pal.
    Guess your missing the subtle changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuukuna
    Well, lets see.
    -Hunters have their own resource system. (Similar to rogues, still different)
    -Leather/Mail have no use for plate users (im dk running with mail boots since i cant get plate anywhere)
    -More "fun" rather than "passive" talents (good if they dont overdo it)
    -Soul burn empowerments
    -Different Mastery bonuses to all specs

And thats from this topic only.

If you talk about the removing of stats, oh well.
    Seems another person missing it.

It is a game, you don't have to be forced to see every possible theorycraft to play game properly, even MMO.

And btw, I like theorycrafting, but I also see whats better for the whole playerbase.
    : : :

Nice try to spin.

Its a dumbing down, they are removing stats that were even in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    No... If you're good at heals, you stack mastery, which doesn't give you ArP because you don't benefit from it, reading is hard.
    He means should people gather Arp gear since it's going to be *replaced* in Cat with Mastery. Meaning if there is Arp on the gear now, it will become (presumably, given the blue comments) Mastery once it's patched. Hard concepts are harder than reading I guess.

I'm going to miss the stats, this raises a lot of questions such as:
    Without DEF, what is the benchmark of a capable tank? Do tanks have to be specced a certian way?
    I'm going to keep my eye on the new "interesting talents." Will new talents removed the need of the current itemization, and encourage people to deviate from cookie-cutter builds? If Blizz can do that I will be very happy!
    I suppose if the simplified stats make class balance easier, there's not much to QQ over. I'll give the Devs some rope and see what they do with Cata.
    At least phasing is looking amazing!